acceptance.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

acceptance.

ac · cept · ance the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered

Today is the dinner. Today is the day where I will be her puppet, only for this once, she thought as she looked into the mirror. This is for my father… and Baekhyun, she thought again as she swiftly pull off her hair band before she ties back her hair , leaving some of her hair strands loose. Even though Haera has personally picked an outfit for her, Taeyeon didn’t wear it still. She picked another outfit instead, a fitting black dress with long sleeves that hugs her curves perfectly. Not too short but not too old¸ she smiles at her look before she quickly takes her clutch and walk out from her room and goes downstairs.

There she found Baekhyun, all ready in his white t-shirt and his tux in his hands. He’s playing with his phone and doesn’t seem like he notices her presence. She walks softly toward him – almost like she’s tiptoeing. “You’re not gonna wear the tux?” She asked him and he looked up instantly, his mouth is open – as if he was ready to say something – but he closes it the next second and only stares at her. “Baek…?” She called out for him and Baekhyun finally broke into a smile.

“Ah, well, I’m feeling quite hot so I decided not to wear it until we got there.” He said, the smile didn’t leave his face while saying so. “And you looks… so beautiful, is it the outfit that mother pick for you?” He asked and Taeyeon shook her head. “I don’t like wearing white dress. Besides, Kibum would probably like to see me more in this dress.” She said and Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. If he doesn’t know the fact that Kibum didn’t like her, he would have probably been jealous since she takes a lot of his opinion, but now, he is only confused. “Why would he?” He asked.

“He gave me this dress as a present last year but up until now… I haven’t used it even once.” She points at her dress, “So he would probably feel happy to see me wearing it.” She added. Baekhyun only smiled but talk no more after. Miyoung and Haera come down at the same time – the former is wearing a dark floral printed dress meanwhile the latter is wearing a long black dress. She eyes Taeyeon from head to toe before she turns to Baekhyun and smiles. “Come on, the driver is already waiting for us.” She said.

“Mother, I think Taeyeon and I’ll go with my car.” Baekhyun said and the said girl throws a confused look to him which he only brush off with an assuring look. Haera opens and is about to say something when Miyoung talks first, “We need to go now, Mother, just let him be.” She said curtly, and if people don’t know, they would’ve thought that she was annoyed but Baekhyun knows she isn’t – she’s trying to back him up and he smiles at this. Haera looks at Baekhyun with a disappointed look before she then walks and Miyoung follows after her – not before she whispers ‘thank me later’ to him though.

--

Baekhyun was left alone in the middle of the huge crowd. Miyoung was nowhere to be seen, and so was Taeyeon. As he tried to search for them in the midst of the crowd, he met with a lot of his friends from school – most of them come from a wealthy family. After a desperate 15 minutes of searching, he bumped into Miyoung who seems like someone has her soul out of her body.

“Hey, you’re alright, sis?” He asked her after he tapped her on the shoulder. Miyoung only turns to look at him and sighed. “Ah, I didn’t know what’s happening to me anymore. Tell me, Baek, why do I keep imagining things I didn’t want?” She asked him and Baekhyun looks at her weirdly. “I don’t know. What kind of things are you imagining exactly?” He sneered at her and Miyoung slaps him on the back. “I’m being serious and you’re taking all of my words as a joke?” She fumed and Baekhyun only chuckles.

“No, for real, what happen to you?” He asked her and she got silent. “Nothing. I just get emotional because some certain person.” She muttered. Baekhyun only rolled his eyes at his twin’s acts. “Anyway, in case you’re searching for Taeyeon, I saw her with Kibum right at the side of the hall.” She said and Baekhyun smiles at this piece of information, “You know me well, sis. Thank you, Miyoung-ie.” He said.

After another search for around 5 minutes, Baekhyun finally found her talking with Kibum right at the side of the hall – just like what Miyoung said. In the end, Baekhyun only watches over as the two of them talks. It wasn’t for a quite long though as a red-haired girl approached Kibum and then take the latter away. Baekhyun was about to walk to her when she had leave first.

He quickly tailed after her and later found himself going out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter