joy.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

joy.

joy a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.

The moment Taeyeon steps into Haera's office, she didn't really expect anything good to happen. Even, it's the opposite of it. She expects it to be bad, because since the very first time, nothing that includes the woman has ever been good. The one and only ultimate example for the statement is her life. Why? All of it seems so ed up the moment Haera enters her life, especially when she decided to tie the knot with her father.
At that time, an 11 years old Taeyeon seriously feel desperate, and she cries herself to sleep every night, hoping that it was just a long dream and maybe she's going to wake up in her mother's warm embrace.

That never happens. That is what she wants, but that is not what her life wants her to get. Instead, she felt nothing but sadness for the whole year. Her grades dropped really hard after, it causes her father to worry, but what else can an old man do other than worrying?

It's not like the teenager want her father's works to be disturbed, anyway, so she tries her best to not make it obvious. In no time, her grades went up again but not her life. Taeyeon still feels as if everything is out of the place when she's only 11 years old. If she needs to be honest, Taeyeon would say she definitely went under something bigger than most of the kids her age does but then again, she has always been different from her friends.

So now, 16 years old Taeyeon felt the same emotions she had 5 years ago. It was terrible, and she felt so anxious about it. She definitely knows what is up the moment Haera decided to tell her that she needs Taeyeon to be on her's office after they finished the dinner. Baekhyun, looks absolutely done and Taeyeon couldn't blame him. It has been so hard for him, she knows. Especially since she knows that he has it really hard at school - she tries her best to cheer him up and no matter how much Baekhyun told her that everything is fine, Taeyeon could sense that it's not.

Taeyeon took a deep breath first before she goes on praying - even though she's not really on the religious side. She knocked at the door, and a faint voice saying 'Come In' was heard behind the door. Taeyeon twisted the handle slowly, opening it and revealing Haera who just close her laptop as her eyes went to Taeyeon.

Haera gave her a slight smile before she points at the chair, "Come on. Sit down, Taeyeon. I need to tell you something important." Haera stated and Taeyeon quickly sits on the chair after she shut the door tightly. It was pretty awkward whenever she just sat down with Haera likes this. Before, the thought of it to happen just really bothers him. Maybe she has indeed grown up, even though she's not a perfect adult yet who can think on for the future - like what Haera expects her to not be on the age of 16 - but her hatred toward the woman has died down a bit. Maybe, it's all because the story that Baekhyun told her.

"Have you made your decision yet? I mean, about my idea." Taeyeon asked her and she could feel her own hands trembling when she throws the question. Haera sighed but in the end, she nods her head. "Yeah, I already decided about it. But first, I think I owe you an apology." Haera said, flashing a smile that seems so genuine that Taeyeon herself couldn't believe she could ever seen.

"What?" She asked, startled at the sudden statement. An apology? What is going on? "I want to say sorry to you. I... I realize that I may have been really hard with you all these times and... I'll own up to what I did. I'm really sorry but I know that you probably won't forgive me that easy because of what I did in the past. But-" "Wait, what are you apologizing for? I didn't really understand this." Taeyeon cut her off and Haera seems to be taken aback because of it.

"I apologize for all the things I did to you for the past 5 years. Even though I know I couldn't erase it. Baekhyun... he made me see life in another way. He told me all about you, and I realize I made many mistakes in my life-" "Save it for later, Haera. I get what you want to tell me, just... go on. Hearing you apologize doesn't really make me better. So... just go on instead." Taeyeon said. She didn't know why, but instead of feeling better when Haera has finally apologize to her, she felt as if she would even be angrier the more she listen to her apology.

It shouldn't have been like this though. For all 5 years, Taeyeon has always dreamed of this moment. The time when Haera finally realized her mistake, and apologize to her for it. The moment the old woman is finally sincere enough to acknowledge all that she has done wrong for the past few years. But now that Haera did it, why does she felt irritated? Maybe because Taeyeon just can't take her apology. It's true. No matter how many times Haera will ask for her forgiveness, it would have been really hard to forgive the woman when she's literally the one who turns her own world upside down,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter