to defend.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

to defend.

to de·fend to speak or write in favor of (an action or person)

He feels like going crazy, now. Baekhyun didn’t know what has gotten into him. Did he just ing give her a peck earlier? God, he must have gone crazy while the anger boiled up inside him. “Hey, come on. We get off at this stop.” A soft voice spoke right on his ear and Baekhyun was brought back to the reality. “Ah, you’re right.” He muttered quickly and slung his backpack over his shoulder. The two stand up as the bus hit the brake and comes to a stop.

The two of them have decided to take the bus after the little fight they have earlier. Miyoung doesn’t show up even after a few minutes so Baekhyun realizes that she didn’t go after them with his car – she probably just goes to school alone – so they decide to just take the bus even though they might be late since there’s no other choice left. The walk is rather far from the stop to their school which reminds her once again why she uses to go to school with Kibum instead of taking the bus. The walk to school is quiet; since none of them are saying anything – she didn’t have anything to talk about and Baekhyun thinks he might need to shut up for a moment.

The silence ended when Taeyeon looked over to her watch and shrieks, “! It’s 7:35!” The two of them scurries off as fast as they can with her words. “, we’re late.” Baekhyun said, still panting as sweats runs down from his hair to his forehead – god, why does he always have to be so hot all the time? She thought. The gate is already locked and the main field is empty, it seems like the 1st subject had already started by now.

“Oh my god, what should we do?” Taeyeon asked. She has never been late to school – well, maybe once or twice but she’s never been locked outside like this. “Well, I don’t have any other idea but this one in my mind,” He stopped before he starts eyeing the towering fence in front of him. “Let’s climb the fence.” He stated out and Taeyeon’s eyes widened, is he serious? She would rather go home or go to other place rather than climbing the fence. Because one, she is afraid of height and two, she can’t climb.

“No, thanks. I’d rather work or go somewhere. I think I’ll pass.” Taeyeon said, turning around and is ready to go when Baekhyun suddenly grabs her bag and pull her back, “Come on, I’ll help you climb up.” He assured her – it’s not what she needs though. Even if she is unsure about it, in another 2 minutes, Taeyeon find herself on top of the fence, holding tightly to the bars like she’s holding on to her dear life. The blazer is tied around her waist – since her short skirt didn’t do justice for this – and Taeyeon could feel cold sweats going down to her face.

“All you need to do is to jump from there. You know I’ll catch you right?” He assured her once again but Taeyeon was too scared to let go of the metal but she knows that she has no other choice but this. So she jumped. Baekhyun’s fast reflex work on themselves and just when she’s in the mid of air, he catch her safely in his arms. His face was so close to hers due to her hands pulling down his neck and Taeyeon’s cheeks are tinted pink by the time she opens her eyes and realizes the position.

She quickly got down from his strong arms that support his body. She was so embarrassed but to show her gratitude to him for saving her, she smiles at him. “So… do we just go to our class or do you want to sneak in all so secretly?” She asked. She shouldn’t have asked him if she knows that he will just answer her questions with his act though. Baekhyun lifts his head up high and walk to the other field to go to the main building with confidence. Well, he kind of forgets that it’s his class’s P.E time and when he spots most of his classmates on the field, playing volleyball, he feels like face palming himself.

“Hey, Kim!” One of the students from his class shouted at him and everyone stares at him, great. He stops in his tracks and she follows him, god, why does she even follow him? “Isn’t that his sister?” “I thought they’re not close, what’s this?” “Look at her, tck.” “His sister thinks she’s all might just because he’s her brother.” “She’s only his step sister but he acts like that. I can’t imagine if he’s his twin like Miyoung.” Baekhyun closes his eyes, trying to hold back his anger after listening to those girls’ whispers – which he failed the next second.

“Hey, you all who talked about my sister.” He said after he turned around to the direction of his classmates – most of them are mostly girls – and at once, all of them keep their mouth shut. “If you think you are far better than her, then prove it. Talking behind someone’s back doesn’t make you a good person though.” He said and glares at each of them. Some of the girls looks down while some pretends as if they’re not listening. He chuckles before he continues, “Anyway all of you will be dead if I caught you doing it again.”

He only walked away after he said it. The girl was too tired to ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter