explanation.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

explanation.

ex·pla·na·tion a statement giving reasons for something or details of something

“I love you, Baekhyun. That’s why I don’t want you to be near me for now. Because I need space and I’m confused right now.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun could see the visible tears on her eyes. It’s about to run down on her face but Baekhyun, feels the same. How can she just say that it’s because she loves him? It’s been around a week since she ignores him and now, she’s here saying all that she loves him? That she does all of this for his sake? If it’s for his sake, then why can’t she tell him from the very first?

Then, he wouldn’t feel so jealous for nothing. His days wouldn’t be so bad, he wouldn’t whine all the time to his twin sister and even fight with her because of it, and he wouldn’t feel like breaking down all the ing time. If only she had told him about it from the start, then Baekhyun probably wouldn’t feel as heartbroken as he is now, as scared to be left alone as he is now, as… as he is now. Taeyeon knows though, she knew he’s mad at her and she knows she deserves it. She deserves all the wrath he keeps.

But instead, it’s only a pair of sorrowful eye that stares back at her and Taeyeon tries her best not to feel like she’s torn into pieces. For her to meet his wrath and anger is better than to be greeted with a painful silence like this, she swears. “Are you sure that it’s because you love me? Because if you love me, you shouldn’t have done this at all.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon could sense the bitterness in his voice but she’s not going to blame anyone for it. In the end, it’s no one fault. It’s Kibum’s plan but she’s the one who decides to follow along without considering how it will turn out, and this is how it turn out.

“I think you did it for your own, Tae. I… you don’t know how much it hurts for me to be… ignored like I’m only a wind that would only passes by when actually, I’m that wind that will always be around you.” Baekhyun said once again, shutting his eyes because it just hurts him so much to see her right in the eye. Earlier, he’s longing for her, for her reasons and just for… just to talk to her again. But now that he got all of the things he wants – he knows her reasons and he finally talks to her again, like a real talk – Baekhyun felt like he’s in a real pain. Not even he can understand the rollercoaster emotions of his.

“I-I’m sorry.” Taeyeon said but it’s too late because Baekhyun has already left the room, and then it’s empty and she’s standing alone there. There was a loud slam upstairs and Taeyeon knows that it’s from Baekhyun. Is he that disappointed? Well, it’s not much of a shock that he’s disappointed in her but he doesn’t even know the long reason for it and no, Taeyeon is not going to let everything became messy like this. This is only a part of the plan, and it’s all fake and only an act. She doesn’t want it to be true. She doesn’t want to ever apart from Baekhyun, and that’s why she follows him upstairs.

She knocks on his door softly. Once, twice, thrice. But there are no responses from the black haired boy and she sighed. Taeyeon knocks it hard this time but there are only a few rustles coming from inside the room. Oh, so he definitely heard it. “Baekhyun!” She shouted his name, in the hope of him finally opening the door if she called his name but he didn’t. And so she called his name again and again, she didn’t care if it’s too loud or she’s being obnoxious, she needs to talk to him and she is going to.

“Baekhyun! I know that you’re there so stop doing anything and just open the damn door, Baek. I really need to talk to you. I know I’m wrong but this is only… this is for the better. Maybe, it hurts for you now but later on, this will be the reason why you achieve the happiness. Just listen to me for once and I will tell you all the things I haven’t told you.” Taeyeon shouted at the door. Once again, there’s a few rustles, foot shuffling against the marble floor, and then finally the sound of the lock being opened.

Taeyeon waits for him to open the door, but no one greeted her and she sighed. Is he serious going to be like this? Her hands reached out for the silver handle and twist it, and the door made a click sound – it opened – and so, she pushed it a bit. She was welcomed by a sight of Baekhyun just laying on his bed, staring at nothing but his star painted ceiling – which is really beautiful – and even when Taeyeon enters his room, the boy didn’t shift his attention away from the blue ceiling.

It feels awkward to enter Baekhyun’s room even though she done it a lot of time already. Usually when she wanted to pick up his dirty clothes but then again, usually he’s not in the room whenever she came to pick it up – she chooses the time when he’s not there, of course. “Baekhyun, I’m sorry.” Taeyeon once again apologized but she really does mean it, from the very bottom of her heart. Baekhyun only hummed as a response and Taeyeon sighed before she sat on the edge of his bed, feeling awkward.

“If you’re giving me the cold treatment because I did it to you, then it’s okay but I hope y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter