his responsibility.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

his responsibility.

his re·spon·si·bil·i·ty plural noun: his responsibilities the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone

Kim Baekhyun feels really sorry to Taeyeon. Not only does he make her get extra work, but she also got a detention thanks to him on top of it. Somehow, he feels that he brings more misery to the said girl whenever he intend to help her and it only makes him feel guilty in the end. Like when they go to junior high, Baekhyun was just helping her washing her sport’s shoes but it didn’t dry the day after and Taeyeon fails her grade all because her shoes – god, he could never forget the way Taeyeon glares at him whenever she can and she literally makes his breakfast the worse for like 2 weeks.

And also, it’s Thursday and he knows that Taeyeon have a part time job after school. Call him creepy but he kind of stalk her – okay, let’s just say he was being curious to where she’s going after school ever since the start of Taeyeon’s junior year term and later, he found out she is working part time at some café as a waitress and that she works there from Tuesday until Thursday. Baekhyun was quite sure that her salary will get cut if she is absent from her work.

Baekhyun has thought about it a lot during Mathematics that makes him got scolded twice, one from not paying attention and another one for not able to answer the question. But the only thing that keeps going in his mind is about Taeyeon – how should he make it up for her? The first idea that comes into his mind is to persuade Mr. Jeon to let her off detention but that would be quite impossible because Kim Baekhyun is one of the worst students of him and Baekhyun knows Mr. Jeon won’t listen to him.

The second option is probably to make her run away from detention but that will makes her looks bad and Baekhyun is not even sure the girl would do it with him in the first place anyway so the only option that he has left in his mind is to be a substitute at her work’s place – maybe he could just told the manager about the situation and if the manager is indeed kind enough to let him take her place, then everything will be fine, right? It will be until he finally meets her again though because he was so sure that she was angry with him – or maybe she’s not, a tiny voice in his head says.

Because Baekhyun was really sure that Taeyeon actually smile at him and since he was staring at her the whole time through the lunch, he also saw her eating the meal he has cook and that makes him so so so happy. At least she did appreciate his effort today unlike the usual times she didn’t. “Kim Baekhyun!” A holler was heard throughout the room and he flinched when he heard his name only to realize it was his teacher that calls out for him – and he could see Kibum laughs at his side, him.

“Can you please pay attention to your teacher for at least once? I don’t care if you got some happy news or something judging by your smile but I care about your grades. It’s dropping lower and lower than before!” Mrs. Yoo shouted at him and Baekhyun only hung his head low, too embarrassed to speak and defend himself. He could feel the old lady glaring at him through her thick glasses and he didn’t dare look into her eyes. He has always at Math and to top it all Mrs. Yoo has been one of his worst teachers ever. “Do you want me to put you in detention?” She asked and Baekhyun quickly looks up.

“Please, no!” He shouted instantly and when he realized how defensive he got, he fell silent and slumped back into his seat again, playing with his nails as he wait for the teacher to speak. “Well, if I caught you daydreaming again, Mr. Kim, I would give you detention. Now, class, open page 93 of your book, do it on your workbook and finished it before the next period.” Mr. Yoo said and Baekhyun breathe in relief, at least he didn’t have to go to detention.

The rest of the class went without any other hitch and Baekhyun did pay attention to the class, a bit scared that he would get caught if he is lost in his thoughts. And so, his school life that day goes on like that – boring but he was so eager to finally get out of the place.

õ

“This… is the right place, right?” Baekhyun asked no one but himself, as he looked out from his car’s window and greeted by the sight of a quite luxurious place which he is sure to be the one Taeyeon works at – he never really bother going there when Taeyeon works so he didn’t really know. Baekhyun quickly gets off from his car before he went inside the place. It was a pleasant atmosphere, the place was really clean and tidy and all the workers there greet him with a smile – he can’t imagine Taeyeon working there though, what with the need to smile an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter