circumstance.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

circumstance.

cir··stance the way an event happens or develops

“I bought you this earlier.” Taeyeon said before she took out a small, beige colored box from her bag and then she handed it to him. Baekhyun only confusedly stares at the box – and Taeyeon rolls her eyes – before she reached out for his hands and then drops the box right on his palm. “What is this?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shrug, “Open it and you’ll know what it is, Baek.” The boy stare at her, his gaze fixated still on hers. After his mind finally comprehends her words, his hands clumsily open the box. His mouth was wide agape when he saw it.

Baekhyun took out the thing as he takes his time, staring at it in awe. “So, do you like it? When l saw it I it makes me remember you. Miyoung told me you often got nightmares and uh, I think I agree with that and it kind of worries me. Also, I heard from someone that red is your favorite color.” Taeyeon explained and the corner of his lips starts to spread. He really loves it. How did she know that he likes things like this? “It’s really beautiful. “He mumbled under his breath and Taeyeon giggles, “Yeah, I know.”

“Just like you.” He said, shifting his gaze from the dream catcher – with a medium size, it’s fiery red and the string is bright yellow, and there is one pendant shaped B that hangs on the middle string – and then to her eyes before he broke a wide grin and then, without any warning, he hugs her – tight, and it’s so warm to be in his embrace, Taeyeon thinks. “You like it?” She asked, still engulfed in the hug and she could feel he nods – his chin, bobbing up and down right on her shoulder.

He released her first before he asks her, “How did you get the ‘B’ letter? I’m more than sure it’s not something that you can found-” “I ask the shop’s owner to put the pendant there. I mean, if it’s a present for you then it might as well represent you.” Taeyeon said with a sheepish smile and her ears turned red afterwards but Baekhyun only smiles back at her instead of teasing her because of it. “Thank you, really.” He said and Taeyeon was sure that he was touched. Looking by how his smile is up to his eyes, how soft his voice is, how gentle his stare seems to be, he’s touched and she’s happy to know so.

“You have always been amazing to me, Baek. This is my chance to do the same to you.” She said and Baekhyun only laughed. “Is this like, my lucky pendant?” Baekhyun asked teasingly with a chuckle and Taeyeon shrugs, “I don’t know. Make it as one.” She mumbled and the other boy rolled his eyes at her short answer. He quickly got up from the sand before he pointed to the sky – it’s getting red, yellow and purple also dominates the colors, more so, it’s a sign that time has passes by them so quickly.

“It’s already noon. Come on, we need to get going.” Baekhyun said as he stood up and pokes her shoulder by bending down a little. Later, he is greeted by a frown on her face. “The sun is not setting yet! I want to see the sunset, Baek.” Taeyeon whined with a pout and oh my god how can Byun Baekhyun even manage to stay alive when she did that already? So in the end, Baekhyun could only sigh before he sits down yet again and then, he took her hands and interlaced it with his. Baekhyun rested his head on her shoulder before he closed his eyes, “Wake me up when it’s dark then.”

Taeyeon laughed softly before she answered him, “I will. Just rest.” She said, and so he rested for a bit.

--

It was already 5 when Taeyeon suddenly woke him up with a few shouts of ‘oh my’ and ‘It’s the sunset!’ and ‘It’s so pretty’ and then his eyes fluttered open and he was greeted by the sight of the sun drowning itself into the sea It was really beautiful, Baekhyun thought but when he turned to his left and saw her, with those sparks filling her beautiful orbs, Baekhyun didn’t know what to say. He is speechless by her beauty, how can one even be this beautiful? Baekhyun thought to himself, quiet oblivious when Taeyeon already turned to her right only to saw him staring at her, definitely spacing out.

“Stop staring at me, you fool.” Taeyeon said, hitting his shoulder lightly with her fist and Baekhyun faked out a wince. “You’re too beautiful, Tae. My eyes can’t help it but to stare at you so don’t blame me for staring at you. It’s partially your fault too.” Baekhyun whined and Taeyeon rolled her eyes, before she rested her head on his shoulder. “But it’s beautiful, right? I’ve never really see the sunset like this but it’s really calming. I wish the time could stop now.” Taeyeon muttered, closing her eyes as she feels the cold wind passed by her and Baekhyun, after looking at her, did the same thing.

“Every time I’m with you, I want the time to stop. It’s a waste of thinking though because I’m not God, but still, I want time to stop.” Baekhyun said and then the two of them let silence takes over them. It’s peaceful and it’s calming, and they like it that way.

--

“Uh-oh.” Taeyeon said, all of sudden, shattering the silence that once built up between them. Baekhyun glanced at her for a second, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter