distance.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

distance.

dis·tance the amount of progress that has been made or that is still to be made

Baekhyun’s eyes flutters open at the sense of the hot rays from the sun. It is Monday Morning, and he doesn’t really feel like going to school. More like, he doesn’t feel like living right now. It has been 3 days – or is it 2? – since the party was held by the Kim’s family. Right, he made such a bold move and kissed Taeyeon on the lips that day. She didn’t say anything about it and they were just apart for a few seconds when another person came to the garden – another guests, it seems – and they hurriedly went back to the hall. With a soft smile, she parted ways with him after and for the rest of the night, he was alone.

And now, she’s ignoring him. It has been like that ever since the next morning and Baekhyun seriously doesn’t know what he did wrong. Maybe, she’s just still in shock with the fact that she kissed her own step brother that night but actually, he too was shocked by that. God, Baekhyun has never once thought that he could kiss her someday – and that someday is actually near. “Would she ignore me today too?” He mumbled to himself and sighed, before he closes his eyes once again and fluttered them open the next second. “That’s right, Saturday she ignored me, Sunday she did it again but 3rd time’s the charm, so she won’t do it today.” He said to himself before he got up from his bed.

As always, he quickly grabs his towel and runs to the toilet – before his twin occupy it. He was about to go back to his room when he bumped into Taeyeon on the hall and she looks shocked. “Ah, I’m sorry-” “No need to be.” The girl replied curtly and quickly continues walking while Baekhyun was more embarrassed than ever. He quickly goes into his room and change into his uniform. It’ll be better today… he thought as he tried to wipe out Taeyeon from his mind right now.

--

“Kim Taeyeon?” Someone called out her name and it made her snapped out from her thoughts. Taeyeon looks up only to meet with a face that has been long forgotten by her mind, “Wait- Joonmyun?” She asked him back and the guy nods his head. Joonmyun was her friend like 10 years ago. They used to go to the same elementary school but grew apart after Joonmyun went abroad when she’s 10. “Are you… searching for Kibum?” Joonmyun asked and she shook his head. “Well… I’m actually searching for uh, you know, my brother.” She answered with an awkward smile.

It would have been awkward if it’s not Joonmyun who’s asking her. At least, she knows that she could trust Joonmyun not to make this situation a news spreading around the school – because actually, every single news about Baekhyun will spread around this school. “Ah! Well, he’s inside but I think he’s showering. Do you want me to call him?” Joonmyeon asked her and the thought of him in shower makes her red for a moment. She shook her head instantly, “Ah, no. You can just tell him that I will come and see him later.” She said and Joonmyeon nods, “I’ll tell him.” He said with a smile.

Taeyeon nods her head once again before the door was slammed shut by Joonmyun. She was walking toward the exit when, “Tae? Why are you here?” A familiar voice asked her and she stops in her tracks, mind frozen and so is her body. It’s Kibum, of course. She turns around slowly and gave him a smile. “Oh? You’re here.” She stated the obvious cheerily and Kibum eyed her suspiciously. “It doesn’t seem like you’re here to have fun. Why are you here?” He asked and before she could answer his question, Kibum already added and seems to realize it himself, “Since I’m not joining the class because of my leg’s condition and you obviously know it… Then who is it that you want to meet?” Kibum asked her once again with a smirk plastered on his face.

“Shut up. You know for sure who I want to meet.” She snapped at him and Kibum chuckles, “Someone is getting shy about it~” He sing sang and and once again, she glared at him. “Seems like you’re into him so much these days, I mean those texts asking-” “Bum, I swear to god if you say any more words I’m going to text Miyoung all those things you say about her.” Taeyeon threatened him and his smirk was wiped away and replaced by a frown, “Don’t you dare.” He growled at her and she laughed.

“No, for real, what’s that?” He asked as he pointed to the box she’s holding on her hand. “Ah, I made him something as an apology.” She said and Kibum raised his eyebrow, “You fight again with him?” He asked her as he comes closer to her and stops right in front of her. “Not a fight but I… just act on my own like always. I don’t think I even think about his feelings earlier so I want to give him an apology.” Taeyeon explained and her best friend nods his head and rolled his eyes.

As if on cue, the door to the male’s changing room opened and Baekhyun came out from there, neatly dressed in the school’s autumn uniform –

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter