rotation.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

rotation.

ro·ta·tion the action of rotating around an axis or cente

“You’re still here?” A soft voice appeared and Baekhyun looked up from the screen of his laptop and stared at the girl. He tilted his head a bit and chuckles. “What is this? A worker is telling a customer to leave? I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to tell me that.” Baekhyun jokes teasingly and Taeyeon raised her eyebrow before she slide into the seat across him. “I’m not asking you to leave though. But aren’t you bored here? What are you even doing?” She asked him but didn’t intend to wait for his answer. She got up from her seat and tried to look at his laptop when Baekhyun suddenly shut it down.

“Huh? What? What is it? You- you didn’t search for anything weird, didn’t you?” She eyed him suspiciously and Baekhyun only smirked at her. Knowing that she won’t get any kind of answer from him, she then fixed her position and stand up straight. “Then, I think I need to get to work. My shift ended around 30 minutes more. Do you want to order anything?” She asked him and Baekhyun only hummed for a few seconds as he thinks about it.

He smiles all of a sudden and with a wide grin plastered on his face, he answers, “I want you, Kim Tae.” His sweet voice turns her face red and she smacked at his shoulder playfully with the notebook she’s holding. “I’m being serious here and you… just keep teasing me.” Taeyeon stated and let out a deep sight whereas Baekhyun just laughs at her. He once again opens his laptop and gets his hands on the keyboard while his eyes fixated on the screen. “Okay, then. I will just order a cheesecake again.” He said and Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, “You’re ordering that again? It’s already your 3rd time.” She asked.

Baekhyun only formed a smile and then look away only to make another eye contact with her. “You… shouldn’t ask about a costumer’s order, shouldn’t you?” He asked her calmly and Taeyeon frowned at him as she turned her back on him and then went to the kitchen. Baekhyun heaved a sigh and after Taeyeon left him, he quickly reached for his jacket from his bag and wears it – he seriously feels cold all of a sudden, his body is hot but the air is cold. He keeps on writing his essay on his laptop – since he needs to hand it tomorrow – even until Taeyeon comes back with a plate of cheesecake to his table.

“Here is your order, Baek.” She said with a smile. Baekhyun looked up from his laptop to throw her another smile as a reply but that’s not the only thing that she notices. “Huh? Are you okay, Baek? You look really pale.” She said and he flinched a little at her realization. “I- I did?” He asked her, looking confused and she nods. Baekhyun try to check his face on the screen and then touch his face. He was a bit shocked when his hands felt as if it was burned though. Taeyeon only stares at him and calmly asks, “You’re hot, aren’t you? Did you get a fever?”

She then walked toward him and Baekhyun back off until his back bumped into the back of the chair – his condition shouldn’t worry her. Taeyeon only shook her head before she bends down – until her eyes are at the same level with his. Her palms then reached for his forehead and she brushed off some of his bangs that cover it with a grin on her face. That grin does change into a concerned look once she feels the heat from his body. She quickly retreat back her palm before she worriedly states, “Hey, you’re seriously burning.” She said and he only shook his head.

“You need to continue your work. There’s still like,” Baekhyun look at his watch, “20 minutes.” He stated and Taeyeon sighed. “I’ll just get the manager’s permission and come home now, 20 minutes can done wonder to your body.” She said worriedly and before Baekhyun could even say anything to her, the girl already left his sight. Baekhyun sighed and he knows that Taeyeon would force him to go home in any way possible so he decided to just close his laptop after he saves his assignment. The moment Taeyeon returns, he was all ready to leave with her.

“Your manager is okay with you leaving early?” Baekhyun asked. He’s far more concerned about her work than his own condition and Taeyeon chuckles at him before she nods. “I just need to work more the other day then, but it’s okay with me.” Taeyeon answered as they both went outside the place she worked at. His car was parked right in front of it and both of them got in the car. With no more time to be wasted, the two of them drove off to their home.

The whole ride to home is so quiet – Taeyeon was busy checking on her phone, texting Kibum and so on while Baekhyun’s eyes were fixated on the road, of course. Her eyes darted off to Baekhyun and she could only form a thin smile over her worried eyes. Baekhyun probably senses it and he throws glances at her and one of his hands left the steering wheel and holds hers. “Hey, I might be hot right now but it’s not like I’m going to collapse any time soon.” He said gently with a teasing smile playing on his lips.

“Don’t worry about me. I don’t like seeing you worried like that.” He mumbled softly and Taeyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter