assurance.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

assurance.

as·sur·ance a positive declaration intended to give confidence

It stresses him a lot. The sound of paper being flipped, the sound of pencil tapped on desk the sound of clock ticking – tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. It almost makes him insane in the midst of answering the sheet. It's only half filled - well, more like three per five of 50 questions. The thing that makes him stressed out the most is the fact that he studied late until around 3 a.m. - all for doing Math, really. He has perfected all types of question - realizing that he's breaking most of his usual quiz scores while he evaluates his answer. But the thing is, all the contexts that he remembers perfectly are the basics - he has yet to read all the difficult types of context that his twin sister usually done.

", I wanna cry." He muttered under his breath as his forehead kissed the clean white desk. God, it was so hard. So here is how it goes. The moment the teacher actually steps inside the room, his hands are sweating cold, his hand trembles, and his eyes flickered in nervousness. And then the exam was given to each of them. The first 10 questions, god damn, he answers it all without any difficulty. It was kindergarteners’ level for him. All the answers have already been plastered on the back of his mind - all of the cells in his body knew it for sure.

"How do you... do this..." He muttered helplessly, as always, circling the question paper as he was so bored - because he can't even remember the trick to do it. He glances around the room - paying attention to each of the students there. Now that he thinks about it, his twin sister probably done all of it already - she's a genius at every subject, what a shame that none of the genes are given to him. This morning when they had breakfast, he saw the dark eye bags under her eyes – it was so dark and obvious – but now that he thinks about it, her hard work must have paid off a lot.

Talking about his twin sister, Baekhyun is in the same room as the girl’s lover. He can easily spot the light brunette haired in the back of the classroom - his feline like eyes flickered, as if he has memorized all the answers of the questions that are written there last night. He probably has gotten the hang of it. It’s probably because he got a free tutor session with his twin sister. While him? Well, he’s stuck on studying alone in the cold and dark room of his – with only his study lamp giving him enough light for him to see the papers that he’s answering. No help at all from anyone – not even his twin.

But at least, Baekhyun has already tried his hardest. He seriously has given everything he got all for this exam. Every day he would take the bus – as long as he wakes up early enough to not miss it – since most of the time, Taeyeon told her that she will just walk to school so there’s no reason for him to pick her up and Baekhyun this time complies. Reasons to take the bus? He can just sit down there – or stand if he’s not early enough to get a seat – and flipped through his flash cards – where he has written everything for the tests, just like how his twin sister advice him to do – and trying to memorize it.

That makes it a lot of better – saving time, saving energy and saving a lot of money. At least, with those flash cards reading time, with his late night session of going over his old books, with him always concentrating and taking up extra classes after school, his grade improved a lot. Then again, it’s not like he would just let it fall down – besides, he wouldn’t like to be beaten by a lot by his own twin sister, he would be so ashamed if she’s like 10 points ahead of him.

But looking back at his answer sheet again, he can’t even answer like 15 questions. The 11-20s questions are like hard to some extent – for most answers, it requires for him to think really hard to actually get what it means. And then the next 10 questions… it’s hard to solve – more like hard to remember the formula for it, but yeah, it’s hard. And for the rest of it, Baekhyun isn’t too sure that he got the right answers for it.

Times passed by really fast, and without him noticing, the bell rings and half of the students freaked out at the sound – Baekhyun kind of freaked out too but at the very least, he has already answered all of it. With a sigh and tired smile, he left the paper on the desk before he takes his backpack and then exits the room. Baekhyun didn’t even spare another glance at the classroom before he runs out of the school building and when the fresh air hits him – he feels alive, thankfully.

Baekhyun glances around the chaotic field. People were scattering everywhere, and he tried his best to not miss the face that he wants to see. Then, as the wind blows, he could feel a tug on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter