beginning.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

beginning.

be·gin·ning the point in time or space at which something starts, comes into existence, or is first encountered

“Hello, this is Byun Baekhyun. I have once visited you with your husband and daughter but well, that’s like 6 years ago, actually. The reason of why I never have visited you for all those years is because I’m afraid to meet you when even your daughter seems to dislike me so much. Also, it’s really awkward for me just to come like that, right? Well, even now it’s awkward.” He said and of course, none replies but the wind that passes by him – it’s really cool. “But anyway, it seems like she doesn’t hate me like she did before anymore and so today, I followed her.” He added and crouched down before he placed down the dandelions that he brought on her grave, right next to the flowers that Kibum and Taeyeon placed.

He took a look on the grave. It’s not dirty and there are many flowers around it and Baekhyun started to think that it might have been because this woman used to be a good person when she’s alive. “Taeyeon didn’t tell me a lot about you, I guess it still hurts her to talk about you. But I’m sure you’re just as pretty as her and even if I don’t know you, you must have been so kind to the others since I heard you’re loved by many people around.” He said and then smiled to himself – it seriously feels weird to visit a grave all by himself and then talk alone like this but it’s also quite calming, as if something was lifted from him.

Just then, Baekhyun felt water droplets touch his skin and the next second, rain pours down heavily right on him. The rain soaked his white shirt – he knew he should have the black shirt instead but it’s nowhere to be seen and so is his tuxedo so there he is only wearing a white shirt as the upper – and it becomes transparent as the wetness make it sticks perfectly on his body. Baekhyun sighed, this is seriously not his lucky day, isn’t it? He stands up from his position and then bow to the tomb stone in front of him, “I’ll be leaving.” He mumbled softly.

Baekhyun’s eyes are now fixed at the dark grey sky – his hand is blocking the water from dropping in his eyes – and he heaved a long sigh but still his eyes can’t tore itself away from the sky – is the sky crying along to him? His sight was blocked – well, not blocked – by another thing though. Water stops falling on him as the transparent umbrella makes a barrier between him and the rain. The water falls to the umbrella instead and then bounced to the ground. Baekhyun turned to his side only to be greeted with a certain girl staring at her shoes.

Her hands are holding out the umbrella for him and she looked as if she didn’t care if she’s all drenched in the rain – her hair, her clothes, her hands, and her shoes. Taeyeon… he thought. He quickly takes the umbrella from her hand and then takes a step forward to close the wide gap between the two of them before holding the umbrella in between so both of them are covered under it from the rain. “I thought you already leave this place with Kibum.” He mumbled to her softly and she shook her head.

“I saw you after I leave and since it seems like it’s going to rain soon, I told Kibum that I’ll go back after I got the umbrella. You should have just left when it rains, what do you think you’re doing just standing right here when you don’t even have an umbrella?” She scolded him and he chuckles, “You know, I was about to leave but here you are.” He said and then chuckles. Taeyeon was flustered at his words but tried her best not to shows it.

“You got your car with you?” She asked and Baekhyun nods. Well, if he knows that he would end up meeting her after trailing behind her like a spy, he wouldn’t bring his car with him. “Well, I guess Kibum is waiting for you at his car now. You don’t want to make him wait, don’t you?” He asked her and she pretends to think over it. “Well I don’t want to but I realize he wouldn’t have any problem waiting anyway. He’s making a call to someone privately and I don’t want to disturb him.” She said and he asks her who that someone is and Taeyeon only shrugs.

“Well, actually if you’re planning to drive, you might need to open your shirt first or your seat would be wet.” She said and he raised his eyebrow at her words, “Well, you’re right but I don’t have any spare shirt and I don’t really enjoy being shirtless in a car so…” His words are left off unfinished and Taeyeon realizes that Baekhyun wouldn’t have time to ever think about getting a spare clothes. “Well, you’re right. Well, anyway, the longer time we took, it will be worse for your health so come on, I’ll walk you to your car.” She said and he nods – anyway, why does it seem like she’s the one being a gentleman?

The two of them walked out of the cemetery side by side as both of them didn’t want to be wet. And by the time they reached Baekhyun’s car, Kibum’s one is parked just right beside it. “So Kibum is going to drive you home? I mean, if Kibum want to go home then you can just always get in my car and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter