helping hands.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

helping hands.

help·ing hand plural noun: helping hands assistance

If there’s a place that one person could love so much, it’s school for Kim Baekhyun. Well, it was true that he will be surrounded with things that he didn’t like or is interested in but at least, he has his friends at school. At home, it was just him, his twin, Taeyeon and his mother. His mother is usually out until late at night to take care of Taeyeon’s late father company and his twin is usually on her room – doing God knows what, while Taeyeon is always busy doing chores – and when he tries to help, as always, she refused his help. That leaves him all alone with nothing to do and it makes him bored.

Oh, and also the fact he is popular. It seems to work on his will at times, like how people would just let him cut the line on break – just with his smile, and he knows that most of them are scared because he’s a well known senior in the school – or like how people would lend him their works, and the fact that some girls are really nice to him itself is nice – he gets so many gifts from them, mostly food ever since he stated so to them – and even if it was a bit cruel to take advantage of them, he thinks it’s okay.

Still, it’s school. And that means he would need to study. If there’s something that Baekhyun really is awful at then it was his studies, actually. His grades are not that horrifying but his studies are. He can’t help but always fall asleep at class – no matter how interesting it was, and no matter how killer the teacher is. That was one thing that Miyoung did better, and he would let it be that way forever, it seems. Now that he thinks about is, he indeed always copy Miyoung’s work – he should be really thankful.

“Baek!” He flinched when he heard someone shouted his name and snapped out of his thoughts and looks up, only to see his twin, Miyoung standing and leaning on the desk right beside his seat and her arm stretched out, and with a dark look. “My 10.000₩, you promise me that when you told me to lend you my copy of history paper.” Miyoung said and Baekhyun tck-ed at her before he takes out the precise amount of money and hand it to her quickly – he didn’t like being around her at school, really.

It’s a good thing that his and her class is 2 classes away – him in the D, and her in the A, with the total of 7 classes based off grades – which means he won’t see her that much. “Ah! Look who we have here~ Kim Miyoung from the class A!” Someone shouted, with a teasing tone and both Baekhyun and his twins knows by heart who the person is – no other than the very best friend of their step sister, Kim Taeyeon – Kim Kibum. Baekhyun only smiled at the sight of the brunette.

Miyoung only rolled her eyes, even though her lips are curled up into a smile as she turns around – only to meet with Kibum’s teasing smirk – and shook her head before she walks out of the class. “I heard from someone who heard from a certain person in her class that she actually doesn’t like going to our class. What happen to that?” Kibum asked no one – even though Baekhyun knows him well that he was actually asking Baekhyun – before he drops his bag to the table and sit on the seat right beside him.

“Hey, Kim.” He called Baekhyun out and the black haired boy turns to faces him, saying nothing and urges him to continue. “You really should tell Miyoung not to wear those sweaters. I swear to god, it didn’t suit her skin tone.” Kibum said, with his eyes reflecting his slight of disgust in the other’s twin fashion taste and fake shivers – god, so dramatic he is, Baekhyun thought. It’s not really a surprise though – Baekhyun has been in the same class with Kibum twice, when he’s a freshman and now, and really, Kibum didn’t change, much to his displeasure.

“Anyway, please also tell Taeyeon to not make me her chauffeur or something.” Kibum said quickly and that’s when Baekhyun finally put his attention to the fullest, “What did you say?” He asked Kibum and the brown haired boy sighed and repeated the words. “I say, please tell her not to make me her driver, she’s lucky I’m born as a kind hearted guy-” and the rest of his words, Baekhyun didn’t hear it. He was too lost in his train of thoughts to give a damn about Kibum, honestly.

Like, has Kibum feel annoyed for a long time? Or like, did Taeyeon notices that Kibum actually feel annoyed? And if she did, why did she still do it? He literally offers a nice ride to school every day to her – he didn’t care if the said girl refused him – but instead, she goes with Kibum. Well, actually, Kim Baekhyun is just jealous about it. At times, he wonders if he’s not her step brother, would he get treated differently. Would she finally land her eyes on him after all of his help? Would she notice him?

“Actually, on a second thought, don’t tell her that.” Kibum suddenly said and Baekhyun once again turns to him and raise his eyebrow a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter