starry sky.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

starry sky.

star·ry sky the area above the earth in which a lot of stars are visible

Baekhyun was far more than excited for what’s he’s going to do, he’s definitely thrilled for this. It’s not like any random night at a party where he would sneak out to get fresh air for, this was more than that. It’s definitely not on his plan first to actually drag Taeyeon on this but he thought that it would be all better if the girl is by his side. It’s not like this is illegal but Baekhyun is more than sure his mother will be so pissed off when she found out that he has already sneaked out of the party with her step daughter.

Especially when he is actually supposed to stay late until it ends, because so far, he hasn’t meet all those guests that he is supposed to greet but Baekhyun is certain that his twin sister can cover up for him instead, unless if she was all of sudden too busy to do that because she’s with Kibum. Well, that would be a problem but that didn’t really stop Baekhyun at all from actually going outside the party, with Taeyeon following right behind him and both of them are trying to not get caught by the security.

It’s not like everyone is prohibited to leave the party, but it’s more about those guards can recognize him and they will probably told his mother about it. It’s a good thing that the entrance is crowded and most of the securities are too preoccupied by welcoming some of the late guests because it leaves room for the two of them to exit. “You know, I don’t exactly thing it’s good to actually sneak out when you should have been in the party but I guess, I agree with you, it’s so boring inside, I could literally die.”

The girl’s words bring out laugh from between his lips. Baekhyun had never said anything about how boring it is but it seems like that’s what he implies on his words. He knows for sure that she’s even more bored than he is, that’s exactly the reason why they’re out here and not inside – planning to go to a Ferris wheel that’s located quite far from where the party is held. Well, the Ferris Wheel is located like around 40 km from the city side – they’re on some kind of beach right now – and it’s about 2 hours drive.

2 hours drive if not for the traffic that might occur since it’s the New Year Eve and most people would probably go to the city central – or where they want to go too – rather than staying at home. “I know. It’s really suffocated inside.” Baekhyun replied as they both went to his car that’s parked on the outside area – well, it seems like he actually has a plan for this actually. Baekhyun, being the gentleman he is half run to her before he opens the car door for her and flashed a smile, “I’m all for you, princess.”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow and shook her head in confusion but decide to ignore it as she went inside the car. “Okay, but you think we can reach there before the clock strikes?” Taeyeon asked him and Baekhyun only gave her a shrug as he started the car and after, began to drive away from the party. “I don’t know. But I hope we do reach there before it hits 12. I mean, I actually imagine going up there right at 12 because I heard there will be a firework show. It’s going to be so pretty.” Baekhyun answered.

“And… if, I say, if, we didn’t get there before 12?” Taeyeon asked him yet again and Baekhyun turns to take a look at her, confusion plastered on his face. Taeyeon only urge him to responds in which Baekhyun only gave a smile. “I don’t know. I guess that’s okay as long as I spend the New Year Eve with you. We never spend it together. I was always at the party and there are times when you didn’t go to the party and stays home so I can’t see you at all when it turns right January 1st.” Baekhyun explained.

Taeyeon only flashed him a smile at his answer as she leaned her head on the window glass. “Then I am very much honored to be the first thing you see on a new year.” She blurted out, and it was so quiet that the boy beside her almost missed it but thanks to the silence, he caught her words. “Yeah, and I am also very much honored to be yours.” Baekhyun counters and Taeyeon broke into giggles. They drove in silence for a few minutes after, Baekhyun tries to focus on the road while Taeyeon was busy staring up at the stars through the window glass. It’s beautiful, and oh, it reminds her of Baekhyun’s ceiling.

“Hey, Baek, can I ask you something?” She asked him and Baekhyun chuckles, “You already do.” Taeyeon fell silent at his words and tck-ed at him but anyway, she continues, “Why do you like star so much? I mean, yeah, it’s beautiful and all but like… Do you have any things that make you love it so much? I mean, you paint your ceiling as starry sky.” Taeyeon asked him and Baekhyun hummed in acknowledgement. The car slowed down a bit as Baekhyun faces her, taking his eyes off from the road.

“I like star gazing ever since I was a child. Yeah, it was beautiful and all but I think it’s just calming. I love how it shines only when it’s dark, I love how it seems so far away yet it feels so real, I don’t know. I just love the stars, Tae.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon could feel the pure adoration that he has for the stars and Taeyeon thinks it’s really cute and also really beautiful at the same time. “The stars are also really beautiful tonight too.” Taeyeon said pointing at the sky outside and Baekhyun only smiles.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter