perspective.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

perspective.

per·spec·tive a particular evaluation of a situation or facts, especially from one person's point of view

Dinners have always been the hardest time on a day because Haera, her step mother would always be all sensitive if she’s there because of the works she did and the twins are all silent because Miyoung is so into her study – she got her books with her even when they’re eating dinner, yes – and Baekhyun is so focused on the game he’s playing on his phone and Taeyeon didn’t have any choice but makes it seems like the dinner is the most interesting thing in the world as she stares at it. Today’s dinner is no different for any of them – Miyoung is already at the table, doing the practices from her book while Haera is still nowhere to be seen, probably in her room and still working.

Taeyeon is busy making the dinners in the kitchen and of course like always her step brother, Baekhyun helped her doing it – ‘there’s nothing interesting to do anyway’ he said as an excuse when she told him she can do it all alone. While Baekhyun’s passion to help her is actually really high, his ability to do it is not comparable with that – he can’t really cook. That’s why by far he’s actually only staring at her who’s cooking as he tries to strike up a long conversation with her – which is hard because she replies so slowly due to focusing on the food and he’s not the best person to comes up with a topic quickly.

“Baekhyun, rather than trying to make me talk all the time, what about you really try to help me with cooking? I know you’re not the best cook out there but you can do the basics or something.” Taeyeon said after she finally had enough of his talk and Baekhyun pouted at her words before he walked toward her and stand right behind her. He places his chin on her shoulder and slowly wrapped his arms around her waist. “Then tell me what I should do. I’ll do it if you want me to. You should’ve just said it from the very first.” He said with a gloomy tone and Taeyeon knows well that he wanted to make her feel guilty with her ‘light’ scolding.

She released his tangled arms around her before she turned around and faces him. “You watch over the meat while I’ll make the sauce. Just flip it if you think it’s already grilled just fine and then move it to the plate. You can do that, can’t you?” She asked him and he tilted his head as he takes a small step forward – trapping her body in between him and the counter. Taeyeon glares at him but Baekhyun just flashes a teasing smirk to her before he leans in and whispers to her ear, “Do I get a kiss from you if I do it?”

Taeyeon felt her heart throbbing even faster and she quickly casted her gaze to the floor instead, trying to avoid an eye contact with the guy in front of her. Baekhyun smirked at her silence and once again whispers to her ear, “I take your silence as yes.” He backed away and gave another dazzling smile at her before he landed his hands on her shoulder and then turns her around and gave her a pat on the back that finally snapped her out of her thoughts. Throwing back another look at him, Taeyeon decides to just ignore what he said as she quickly did her own things.

The sound of a pair of heels on the marble floor is the sign that Haera finally comes down from her room and at the same time Baekhyun turned off the stove and quickly move all the beef to the plate just like how she told him to do. He left it on the counter as he walked toward Taeyeon – who’s mixing the sauce – as he yanked her back and turns her around before he collide his lips on hers and he smiles as he felt her pushing back. Scared that they will get caught, she pulled back first from the kiss before she stole another peck on his cheek and told him to go outside first. Because even if Haera knows what’s going on with the two, she still dislike the sight very much and Baekhyun won’t like her going mad.

Taeyeon joined the four of them lastly as she brought in the dinner from the kitchen and placed it on the table before she sat down. Baekhyun passed a smile to her and she smiled back at him. The four of them eats in silence like always. Well, the silence remains until Song Haera finally opens and with her cocky tone she says, “I want you to go to my room after you clean the dinner up, Taeyeon. I need to tell you something really important.” Of course, she didn’t forget to add a sly smile on top of that and Taeyeon cocked her eyebrow. She tilted her head and glares at the woman across her.

“Why can’t you just tell it right here? I’m sure both Baekhyun and Miyoung won’t mind hearing about that piece of news you want to tell me.” Taeyeon said before she sips down her water – okay, she knows that Haera would probably make her do 2 times of the chores right now or maybe told her to leave the home for a day because of her act but she didn’t care. Well, what her step mother did is nothing like what she expects to be. Haera only chuckles lightly and once again smiles – god, it honestly made the whole situation more terrifying.

“Well, it’s only about you and I want… some privacy.” Haera finally let those words out and Taeyeon only sighed before she nods. Privacy means it’s not something that could be shared with any other, right? Well, Taeyeon seriously have a bad feeling about this. Haera is full of strange and mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter