Epilogue: JiHun

EXO SERIES: Remember Me, Oh Se Hun [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm updating JiHun fitting to Se Hun's birthday today! It took me long to write the very last chapter for this story. I couldn't think of any ideas the past months while I was writing this story and I don't know if this will get better in my next fanfiction. But here we are now, the last JiHun chapter. Thanks to those who have waited and continued reading until the end. Thanks to those who were here from the start, also maybe from other fics to now. I appreciate it a lot. Your patience and your support. So then, happy reading! 

---

>>JI HYUN'S POV<<

6 AM. It was shortly after 6 AM. I slept for two hours after tossing and turning in my bed and coming home from my last filming. Right now I was standing in front of some building. I was casted for a new drama, my first lead role. I was happy, of course I was, but there was something lacking. I felt empty inside, I didn't feel like being sociable or go out. All I did was work and study, not even sleep or eat properly. 

I felt empty even before I met Se Hun at the coffee shop, but this feeling just grew ever since. I didn't cry in front of anyone unless it was for my work, so I watched Se Hun and his friends on TV and shed tears. To be honest, I planned not to do anything related to Se Hun, but I couldn't help myself. 

I regretted it. I regretted it deeply. Not having spoken with Se Hun, not having told him about the CEO's threat. To have broken up with him due to this whole thing. I regretted it, but it was too late anyway. I, too, noticed it during our conversation. Se Hun has changed. The clumsy and mischievous crybaby he used to be in our old days was now a completely different person. Or at least his attitude and his behaviour have changed. 

Se Hun never intended to meet me again, to even face me. We wouldn't have encountered each other if it weren't for Choi Jong Hyuk. Even if I wanted to talk to him, to settle things with him he wouldn't let me. He'd push me away like how I pushed him away. 

If I asked myself wether I still had lingering feelings for him, I only needed to see his face and I'd know the answer. I wondered if it could it only be some reflection on my guilt, if I only remembered back to the times when I had those feelings for Se Hun. Could it be that I was just too into the situation, my past, that I thought I felt the same as I did before? No. I still do love Se Hun, and Se Hun only.

Life is all about realizing it when it's too late. 

Unlike Se Hun's cold glare at our last encounter, the weather was really hot today. I couldn't bear the heat in Seoul this month, but my thoughts were nothing compared to today's weather. I entered the building, greeted the production team and the director. On this, for others nice but hot day and for me another day passing in my life, the male lead for the drama would be casted. And I was allowed to stay here during the casting. 

"Our female lead for the drama, Seo Ji Hyun." The director said glancing at me before turning back to the production team. "This person is the writer of the drama, Yang Min Hee." He mentioned the rest of the production team before the casting started. It was surprising since the scriptwriter was young.

"Next, please." The director said while taking notes on the previous person. I didn't pay attention to the people who auditioned. I didn't care and only wanted this to finish. I didn't need more action to happen. Even with only the appearance of Se Hun on the advertisements and posters in the city it was enough for me to lose my composure. I wanted to clutch my shirt due to my racing heart. 

I never began counting the people to audition so I didn't know how much time has passed and how many actors already tried being casted. The whole process started again, the man read his text and the director let him pass or not. 

"Number 35, Oh Se Hun." I froze at that name and my eyes shot open immediately. I looked up to see Se Hun entering the basement and taking a seat on the chair. He introduced himself, answered some questions and and read the script afterwards. I still couldn't believe Se Hun was here. He simply walked in and auditioned for the role. He did as he was told, but he never looked at me. He pretended not to see me, ignored me, with a good reason though. 

I leaned back in my seat and watched him. Watching him in the media and on pictures was different than this. I regretted it even more. Se Hun was sitting only a few meters in front of me, but we were still so far away from each other. Although I had all these thoughts I was confused about one thing. Why did he come here? He must've known that I am already casted for this drama, so why did he come here to audition? 

Everything happens with a reason, but this is surely not fate. I am sick of fate and its games. This is the third time we encounter and it'll soon be the fourth time we'll separate. The fourth time feeling myself breaking inside.  

"Oppa, how long will the audition take?" I asked my manager whispering and let out a sigh as he told me it might take the whole day because the production team wasn't satisfied yet. There were many auditioners but only some of them convinced the director. The famous actors haven't even showed up yet, this could seriously take a long time. I didn't want to be here. 

"The last question for you today, Se Hun-ssi." The director said but Se Hun didn't seem too interested in the role. I was still asking myself for the reason for his appearance. It could be coincidence, too. "This is probably the first time for you to audition, so why did you decide to go for this drama?" 

The words I wanted to hear. That maybe, there might be a chance I was the reason. I was slowly starting to lose my rationality. To believe that I could be the reason, I was selfish and a hopeless case. 

"To be honest." Se Hun began and I waited intently for his answer. There's no special reason? "I do have my reasons but these are not related to the drama. Let's say, this audition is the only way for me to reach my goal." 

His goal? The production team must've thought his goal was the pass for the male lead role. However, I knew Se Hun. And I did not feel well with this. 

>>SE HUN'S POV<<

I was sitting in a room to wait for my turn. My hands were holding some text of the script and were almost shaking, my eyes were reading the lines one more time. To cover my face, I wore mainly black clothes although it only attracted more attention. Sitting on a chair, my legs trembled and it felt like I was waiting for an eternity. Actually, there was no reason for me to be nervous. I would just go into the next room, take a seat, read my text and get the role or not. 

I breathed in and out to calm down. It was not the audition that made me nervous. It was the fact that Ji Hyun was sitting there. She would be seeing me, watching me but not say a word. I was aware of Ji Hyun already being casted in that drama. Heck, I didn't even want that role. I came to this place with the excuse to see Ji Hyun. But now that I was sitting here, I changed my mind. It was merely a thought that came up all of a sudden, that I was willing to risk to encounter Seo Ji Hyun, again. 

The only person who knew I was here was Choi Jong Hyuk. He was the one who told me about her drama. He didn't suggest me to do this, though. It was my idea, my stupid mind to convince me to come. It was frustrating. 

Not too long ago, we even talked to each other. I admitted, my words to Ji Hyun were harsh. I knew they were, but the anger, the disappointment and the sadness overcame me, I couldn't help myself either. Even though they were harsh, they were true. I was still angry, I was still mad at Ji Hyun for not talking to me in first place. I thought she wouldn't even dare to believe anyone's word in my company, especially Mr. CEO's. In that moment when I spoke up, it wasn't only hard for Ji Hyun. No, I didn't even know if it was hard for her. It was hard for me as well.

There was enough time to forget about one's feelings. Time healed wounds, most of the time. My wounds healed, they almost did and then all of a sudden I broke again. Was it different with Ji Hyun? She was at least as busy as me, it could've been so easy to forget about me. What was there in m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter