Memory

EXO SERIES: Remember Me, Oh Se Hun [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here it is, the second last chapter. I'm grateful for those who have been patiently waiting for the updates. I wasn't able to update everyday like in my previous story and I won't be able to fix that either. This is not the epilogue yet, but thank you that you have read until now. Enjoy the long chapter! Read the previous JiHun chapter again if it helps :)

---

">http://

>>JI HYUN'S POV<<

Love ends with a tear.

The weeks after my breakup with Se Hun were painful. At the beginning, I would cry myself to sleep. I would watch his videos and read articles on the Internet to see how he was doing. I would keep checking if he was fine. But after some time, I realized that I did not have the right to do that. 

I stopped shedding tears, at least when I was alone by myself. I got a hold of myself and ignore the pain. I gave up on my first love and moved on, a second time. I was hoping, even if it wouldn't happen, that Se Hun would forgive me one day. I lied to him, betrayed him after all. To escape.

At first I only wanted to pay my tuition, then I wanted Se Hun to recognize me. When I started growing feelings for him, I wanted him to return those feelings. And when I didn't have another choice and break up with him, I wanted him to forget me. All I did was to want things. 

That night, the night of my birthday. That night I wasn't supposed to feel happy, I had to prepare mentally for what I had to tell him. That night when I told him the biggest lie in my life. When I heard my own heart shatter. 

I have learned that people will forget your words and your actions, but they will never forget the impact you had on them. 

Sometimes I was able to take advantage of it. When acting a sad scene and I needed to cry, it was never difficult for me. Although I have moved on, what I thought at least, I would shed tears as soon as I thought of that night. I would try hard to stop, because once I started I wasn't able to stop anymore. I controlled it by now. 

The weeks after I moved on were easier for me. I felt slightly lighter, but I would still remember his perfect features, his charismatic and the way he looked at me. Se Hun must have felt differently. He was on tour, he almost had fourty tour dates throughout Asia and five in North America. He didn't even have the time to sleep properly, apart from his problems to fall asleep, so why should he bother to think of our breakup in that time? 

That was when I realized it would take the whole tour period at the maximum to erase me from Se Hun's mind. I didn't see him ever since we parted ways. I avoided him if it was even possible. I stopped checking his condition and also didn't meet other people related to Se Hun, except his parents and his brother. They were not informed about Se Hun, though. Perhaps even less than me. 

When I found out his head and his hand have still not healed, I managed to prevent myself from asking anyone if Se Hun was alright. He injured his head a few months ago because a camera hit him and his hand was still not healed. Se Hun had several small injuries as well, but I didn't know a lot about them. That was all I caught up about him and the other boys. 

And now I was here. I just finished shooting a scene and it was 3 AM in the morning now. It was a crying scene, not really hard. I often was in thoughts, so we had to shoot the scene again but it wasn't difficult for me. My manager drove me home right after the filming. I was tired, I felt lonely and it was all my fault. I was to blame. 

I knew it way before we started dating and I had lingering feelings for Se Hun. We were never meant to be. We were together but drifted apart twice. I did not believe in destiny, though. Se Hun was my first love, so it would hardly forget him. That was what I have thought. It was hard, it took me a while until the memory of Se Hun didn't cross my mind anymore all day.

"Ji Hyun, someone gave me an envelope telling me to give it to you. I didn't open it." My manager said and handed me the letter while driving the car. I looked up and took it, observing the envelope. There wasn't an address or a name written on the paper.

"Do you remember how the person looked like?" I questioned him but he shook his head. He didn't see his face and couldn't recognize him, but it was a man. I hesitated to open the envelope. 

It couldn't be a letter from him, could it? 

I was surprised when I started reading the first words. I didn't expect it.

"Hello, Ji Hyun. It's been a while. Have you already forgotten about me? Do you still know who I am? Of course you do, right? Even after all these years, you recognized me - more or less. Anyways, how are you doing? I see you are busy recently. I watch your drama when it's on TV, you are doing well, Ji Hyun. I am glad that you made it big. But remember that you shouldn't work too much, arasso? I heard you're filming until early in the morning, you need to sleep a lot. Also, don't skip your meals. Think of your health. However, this is not the reason why I gave this letter to your manager. We haven't seen each other the past months, but he is still a precious person to me. I met him, coincidentally at a bar. You know, he barely drinks but I always had to drag him out of the bar and carry him to the dormitory. He drowns himself in alcohol, he is even more depressed now and it was already enough that his best friend left. He is not the only one hurting, I am sure about that. Our friend is your first love, so you will certainly not forget about him. No matter how hard you will try, the memories will always be with you, the both of you. Even if it's only a memory that he was your first love. Don't run away from your problems, Ji Hyun. You are not that kind of a person, I know you after all. There's no use in running away. What reason, which must've been obviously very convincing enough, did you leave Se Hun for? Have you ever spoken to him? It's not my business, but talk to him, please. I only wish for him to live a decent life. Let's meet soon, Ji Hyun." 

I finished reading and folded the letter to look away. My eyes were teary but I didn't cry.

"He is not the only one hurting." True. I am hurting too, but I move on. What is the use in looking back?

I opened the letter again. My gaze fell on the last three words, his name. Choi Jong Hyuk.

"What does the letter say?" My manager asked me but I said it was nothing big. "He must've been for fan, right? Congrats, Ji Hyun, now you're even receiving those." I didn't really listen to what my manager said. 

Have I ever spoken to Se Hun? No, I haven't. He wouldn't have understood it if I had spoken to him. He didn't see the problem in the situation. My reason? A ridiculous one and I have never thought someone would come up with something like this.

I expected myself to become a serious robot-like person to not show any emotions. But I was able to live a decent life. Going to college, studying, practicing lines, acting and going home to see abeoji. I got used to that, doing all these things day by day. Now I didn't even need to avoid that person on purpose to not face him, I never met him. Not by coincidence, and he wouldn't visit his parents too. 

Also, his name has never left my lips ever since. 

No one has mentioned him, so that I was sure I would forget his name either. Maybe I already did. 

Our neighbours sat in the living room with my father. I felt guilty when I had to leave and let abeoji all by himself, but our neighbours came over everyday, like they used to, because they felt lonely too. And they were friends after all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter