Chapter I

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been about 200 years since I left the clan and this decision has brought me nothing but good. I got to live the life I’ve always dreamed off and wanted, got the family that’s treats me and loves me for who I am and not because of my social status. To sum it all up I got to live a HUMAN LIFE.

 

Wow! I sure have come a long way and I’m still enjoying all of it as if it’s still my first time though I would be lying if I say that I don’t miss my life back then, especially Hae. Every decision has a consequence and this is mines.

 

“Hmm!” I yawned opening my eyes to see the pretty sunset just outside the big window of the room I was staying at, it’s a nice way to begin the day – well the afternoon in this case. Getting up lazily I walked over to the window leaning aside and just watched the view.

 

Wouldn’t it have been nice if my life was just like these, not having to run or worry about anything? Not having to think twice about all my actions afraid that I might be judged and criticized badly by everyone else. “Huh!” I sighed closing my eyes and feeling the warm breeze coming in and then I heard Chaerin come sneakily in the room holding a carrot cupcake with a small lit up candle by the smell of it. Unnie is going to be surprised! she cutely squealed in her head.

 

See this is one drawback from being able to read everybody else’s thoughts, giving the right reaction when you know what’s coming is not as easy as it look like especially when you have sensitive friends and family. Sometimes I get away with it but I don’t a weeklong of servitude would be my punishment and it’s not that good.

 

“Unnie!” she shouted cheekily and of course I jumped surprised. “What is this?” I asked wondering, she wasn’t thinking of why she’s doing this so I’m sort of lost right at the moment. “I just noticed for the last couple of years we’ve been together you always celebrate something this time of the year, June 13!” she smiled holding the cupcake right in front of my face.

 

She actually noticed that, I didn’t know I was that obvious back then. Well, this is nice of her to give me something for today. I smiled blowing the candle off and taking a bite of the cupcake, she probably made this since I can taste more vanilla than the carrot. “Aigoo!” I puffed and gave her a tight hug. “Gomawo!” I added. She just chuckled but then I had to slowly push her away. “Go get ready!” I smiled at her and she skipped out of my room.

 

“I need to get out of here!” I mumbled looking back outside the window, seeing a couple of people playing around. My eyes stared at them intensely but mostly on their necks and as I see and hear the nice red, thick blood pumping I gulped hardly. I crouched down a little getting a better look at the veins around their body, sinking in my hands on the rock hard wall I was about to dash out taken over by my lust for their blood a hard knock on the door snapped me back to sanity.

 

“Dara go get ready, we’ll be leaving in 2 hours!” Bom yelled out I let out a low growl unconsciously, good thing she didn’t hear it. “Okay!” I replied back but my focus was back to those humans outside.

 

It’s not that I’m a human blood addict but sometimes there comes a time when I need it more than I need animal blood and if I don’t quench my thirst there’s a big possibility my vampire instincts could overpower me and start attacking people even if it’s my family. That is not good.

 

However, I just can’t sneak out. Hell those girls have keener senses than me when it comes to ME. That doesn’t even make sense. I looked up at the time and it was 6 pm now and the masquerade ball is starting at about 8:30, it not even going to take me more than 5 minutes to look for an unfortunate soul to feed on, question is where am I going to go out from? There’s the door – that will just be too obvious, then there’s the window but there’s too many people outside.

 

“Aigoo!” I face palmed myself forgetting about something huge. “How can I be crowned the fastest vampire when I can’t even pass by a crowd full of people?” I snorted, coming out quietly as not to make any sound and get any attention both from inside the room and outside.

 

Smiling widely I let my fangs grow out, them coming out and touching my bottom lip gave me a tingling feeling I’ve been missing lately and to that my whole body reacted changing into full hunting mode. When I caught the smell I liked I dashed out faster than the sunlight heading towards my victim.

 

The wind against my face never felt so nice, I guess I’ve been detached from my vampire side too long. Ironic to what I said that I want to live a normal HUMAN LIFE, in my case it’s just a little difficult to fulfill seeing how most of my needs are things humans would never do, blood drinking for example.

 

I made a left turn by an alleyway finding a drunken guy reeking with the smell of alcohol and cigarettes or it’s just probably my nose. I walked forwards towards him on my tip toes forgetting to put on my shoes before going out.

 

Mostly my food would be all those miserable, no life people roaming around doing no good and sometimes I’m picky so I look for good looking guys – I’m still a girl, I have standards. Though when I’m really hungry  like right now I’m not so picky, I need to dig my fangs onto some skin soon.

 

I scooted over, leaning closer to move his head so I could freely move in and eat. I shifted the bangs that were covering up his eyes and as soon as it was moved aside I was stunned to how handsome the boy looked like, just my luck. Having a little weakness when it comes to handsome boys I bit my lip grabbing his neck up and slowly moved closer getting a taste of his alcohol stained lips.‘Sweet’ I thought before looking down his neck and lunged to it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter