#09 Good things

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You'll never know true pain unless you look into the eyes of someone you love and they-- look away.

“I have no idea what game that kwon is playing.” Baekhyun mumbled shifting his position on the couch. “I’m so confused myself.” Taeyeon shook her head which was resting on Baekhyun’s chest.

 

It was Sunday- two days after Kwon Jiyong proposed to Kim Taeyeon. She invited him to watch a movie with him and there was no one else at home.

 

“Mom is forcing me to say yes.” She confessed making eye contact with Baekhyun. “I mean. I want to marry him, Baek.” Baekhyun swallowed hard at her words and his eyes softened. ‘Don’t marry him.’ He wanted to say but those words never left his mouth. “I’ll have to talk to him…” She smiled at the thought and got up from their position.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked pausing the movie they were watching. 

 

“I’m texting him. I want to meet up with him tomorrow.” She wasn’t even noticing that Baekhyun had a huge frown on his face. He put a stone on his heart and mumbled, “Yeah. Meet up with him.” 

 

‘Please don’t…'

 

 

“Hi, there Taeyeon-sshi!” A familiar woman approached Taeyeon as she entered the café. Both of them greeted each other with a smile.

 

“Hi Fany ! How have you been? He didn’t come back right?” Taeyeon quizzed in curiosity earning a scowl from Tiffany- her new found friend.

 

“Nah. But I feel so free now.” Tiffany said spinning around and smiling. 

 

“That is so nice.” Taeyeon chuckled and added, “What time are you getting off?” She asked Tiffany. 

 

“Hm…” Tiffany mumbled pursing her lips, “It will be another hour. Do you want to order something?” 

“Iced Latte. I’ll wait until you finish then we can y’know.” Taeyeon smiled cheekily at the thought and Tiffany mimicked. “That would be great.” 

 

“Now hit me up with a cold drink. I’ll grade my students paper while you work.” Tiffany gave her a light smile and said, “Oh that’s right. You’re a teacher right? So inspirational.”

 

“Yup. That’s what I do.” 

 

“Iced Latte coming up, Taeyeon-sshi.” Tiffany turned to leave but was paused when her new friend spoke, “Just call me Taeyeon.”

 

 “Taeng it is.” Tiffany smiled again before leaving.

 

 

Tiffany was done with her part time work and her new found friend was talking cheerfully to her as they walked in the empty street that lead to Taeyeon’s house.

 

“So Jimin-sshi never contacted you again?” Tiffany quizzed in curiosity sipping her drink from time to time. Taeyeon shrugged and nodded, “I have tried contacting her a hundred times- she wouldn’t pick up. She’s not at her house too. I’m worried for her.” 

 

“Aw…” Taeyeon raised her brows at Tiffany’s reaction. “What?” 

 

“I’m just surprised that you have such a - loving personality.” Taeyeon bushed immediately when she was complemented, she shook her head, “Haa… You’re just being polite—.” Taeyeon was cut off at the end when her phone started ringing, “Just a second.” She said before pulling it out of the pocket of her jeans. 

 

She read the caller ID;

Kwon Jiyong.

 

‘Jiyong?’ Tiffany also happened to take a glance at Taeyeon’s caller and she thought to herself, ‘Kwon Jiyong?’

 

“I’ll be quick.” Taeyeon said and swiped the phone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter