#15 Gentleman Game

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I should have known... that you'd only bring me heart ache.

"Taeyeon!" He was in front of her door again, knocking patiently like he did each day. She sat rolled up in her room, re-reading the text messages he sent her- for the past five days she rejected his call, texts and his visits. "You don't know how sorry I am." Baekhyun voice was soft as he spoke.

She wanted to open the door and ask him millions of questions, but there was something inside her that was stopping her. She wanted to know in detail, why was she betrayed, hurt and lied to. 

"Why?" She said, burying her head on the book lying in front of her. "If you don't open now!" Baekhyun's voice raised- in a good way and the knocking stopped. 

Who let him in the first place? Ah, he has the password. Taeyeon wondered, chiding that she should have changed the passcode. 

"I'm..." Baekhyun paused again, thinking deeply for a moment, "I swear I'll kill myself!" Baekhyun's threat made Taeyeon snap out of her thoughts, she felt herself panicking. One thing Taeyeon hated the most in life was- people crying because of her. And she hated when someone was hurt because of her. 

Even though, Baekhyun was at fault- she could not help but blame herself. She got up from the seat, standing still for a second- waiting for Baekhyun to say something. "Five fricking days, Kim Taeyeon. I can't wait for you anymore. If you don't come out in five minutes- I'm going to leave and commit sucide." Baekhyun threatened again.

Taeyeon's eyes widened and her jaw slightly dropped. "No no no!" Taeyeon panicked and paced around the room, not wanting to give in and open the door. Somehow, her brain convinced her to think that Baekhyun might actually kill himself- and the blame will be on her again.

She fisted her palms and wondered if she should come out or not. Without knowing, almost four minutes had passed, Taeyeon knew she had to go out someday- and meet eyes with him but she wanted to push the thought away. Panicking and feeling alarmed Taeyeon darted towards the door and flung it open.

Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen.

"Baekhyun! Byun ing Baekhyun!" Taeyeon was screaming as she ran outside her house, not even wearing slippers. Her hair messy and her attire- very ugly. The cold, hard road felt like nothing- she didn't care about that- her eyes were fixed on the person that was walking away.

"Baekhyun!" Taeyeon screamed as the person walked further away. She ran after him, "Stop!" She yelled out loud, hoping that he heard it and maybe he did - because as soon as she finished, he turned around. 

"S-stop!" Taeyeon was out of breath as she neared him- she saw tears straining his face- his body seemed weak as if he had quit eating. "You... came to look for me." Taeyeon could swear she heard definite happiness in his voice, without caution, Taeyeon smacked him hard on the head- earning a loud whine and grunt.
"Of course I did you good for nothing piece-of-!" She smacked him again- crying upon seeing his condition. "Ouch! Stop!" Baekhyun complained.

"J-just look at yourself! It looks like you haven't been eating at all!" Dark circles, he showed signs of weakness such as, pale skin and weak body.

"B-because I broke your heart- I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. I missed noona so much, that I w-wished to ... die." He looked at her - guilt ridden when he said the last part.

Taeyeon huffed in dismay and pulled his ears, "Aish! What am I gonna do with this kid!!" She twisted his body by just having control of his ear. Somehow Baekhyun managed to free himself and when he did, he smirked, "Says the one who came out without sandals." 

"I... didn't n-notice! Woah! What are you doing?!" Taeyeon panicked as Baekhyun dipped his body down, to scoop her small frame up in his arms. "Aish, this kid." Baekhyun mumbled walking back to her house. 

"We have a lot to talk about."

"You have no idea how shocked and confused I was at that moment." Taeyeon confessed rightly holding the glass of orange juice in her hands. "Funny thing is that I never seemed to catch on, I mean even Jimin knew that. She didn't tell me anything." There was bitterness in her voice as she spoke.

Baekhyun could only nod in guilt, he rested his head against the back rest of the couch, "I told her not to. Every single day I wanted to tell you, but I kept pushing it further and further and just like that years passed... I lost courage to tell you- I was afraid what you might think of me." Taeyeon pursed her lips together, thinking about the occasions when Baekhyun bought her fancy looking gifts.

"I think I understand." Taeyeon's statement made Baekhyun exhale in relief. "You're the second heir?" Taeyeon asked, blankly brushing her bangs from her face. "Yep and Baek Beom hyung is the one who'll be inheriting the company... I don't even care about that." Baekhyun said smiling.

"Ah, I totally forgot." Taeyeon said remembering how passionate Baekhyun is about photographing. It was something he adored, and Taeyeon had to admit he was quite good at it.

Hours passed by and neither of them seemed to notice. Both were interrupted when Baekhyun received a text. "Who is it?" Taeyeon asked trying to peek at the screen.

"Ah... It's Jimin, don't worry about it." Taeyeon observed with a frown when Baekhyun deleted the text message, 22 miss calls from Jimin.

"You didn't even read it." Taeyeon said in a fruity tone, catching Baekhyun's attention. He swallowed the lump in his throat. "It's nothing important, really." He said clearing his throat. 

"You should treat her better, Baekhyun-ah. She's our friend." Baekhyun wanted to smack Taeyeon when she said that. No she's not! He thought inside his head, forcing out a smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter