#11 Skinny Love

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I knew we were a helpless case, I just didn't want to believe it."

 

 

“I should leave now.” Taeyeon quietly expressed her thoughts to Jiyong who was busy drinking the coffee he had prepared for the both of them earlier. 

 

“It’s nearing ten—and” She added pulling her purse on her lap.

 

“I should take you home then,” Taeyeon nodded immediately and got up. Jiyong smiled faintly before him too rising on his feet.

 

“It looks like it will rain soon. Let’s get you back soon.” The corners of Jiyong’s lips tugged and he led her outside.

 

 

“, it’s raining!” Taeyeon heard Jiyong curse under his breath. For some reason he looked very distressed. The blonde couldn’t pinpoint the reason though.

 

“Yeah…” Taeyeon shifted on her seat, peering at Jiyong from the corner of her eyes. 

 

The drive to her house was quite— she had attempted to converse but she stopped shortly after seeing Jiyong’s mood.

He would just nod his head from time to time, except for that, nothing.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but wonder what Jiyong’s problem was. He had been fine at his home but what could be that he was acting so strangely.

 

‘I wonder…’

 

Her mind wandered towards her best friend, Baekhyun. They hadn’t seen each other for so long. He told her that he was going to Japan but didn’t bother telling her when he would be back.

 

She almost missed his presence. Almost.

 

She was looking out of the window; almost at their destination when she heard Jiyong’s harsh breathing. Taeyeon turned to him; brows lifted. His grip on the steering wheel tightened and he was breaking out in cold sweats. 

 

“Jiyong-shii— are you alright?” Panicking, Taeyeon stared at the male with wide eyes. 

“I’m fine..” came his meal reply.

 

It was pouring heavily by the time they reached her house. Jiyong’s car parked below the flickering street light. The light exposed his tense presence.

 

Taeyeon furrowed her brows when Jiyong started to pale.

 

“I don’t think you are fine—“   “I’m okay. Don’t trouble yourself…” His voice cracked halfway and his small smile faltered. 

“Jiyong shii—“ The blonde started but flinched when the sky roared loudly. She drew back in surprise and glanced in Jiyong’s direction who seemed to have been scared out of his wits.

 

“Could it be— are you afraid of the thunder, Jiyong-shii?” she theorised. Jiyong looked at her in disbelief.

 

“Of course not—“ The sound of the thunder came once more and Jiyong jumped in his seat.

 

Taeyeon suppressed her chuckled, “I think you are though. Please come inside. It’ll be better for you. You can’t drive like this—“ she pleaded in a hurry.

 

 

“God, I can’t believe this.” Taeyeon snorted, staring at her soon-to-be who was snuggled close to the arm rest of the couch with multiple blankets around him.

 

“Sorr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter