#16 Basics

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Pay attention to the quiet ones, because they’re the ones that pay attention to you when everyone else is gone."

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END ^^ Thank you for waiting.

 

 

"Why were you calling?" Baekhyun said as soon as he sat down on the seat across from Jimin. "You like this restaurant, right? Want to eat some steak?" Jimin dodged the question pathetically. 

"I'm not hungry, Jimin." Baekhyun offended Jimin but just like always she shrugged it off. "Then watch your princess eat." Jimin forced a smile, "Princess?" Baekhyun repeated in a mocking tone, as if he was amused by it.

"How is Baek Beom oppa? When is he coming back?" Jimin questioned- drinking the iced latte she ordered for them- Baekhyun had yet to even touch the drink, "He's fine." 

"And when is he coming back?"

"Stop this bull, Jimin." The called person flinched at Baekhyun's answer. She stayed silent. 

"It's not bull, Baek. I just want to know-" Baekhyun cut her off by clicking his tongue, "Why do you want to know?" He clenched his fist under the table. Baekhyun made it obvious to the whole world that he didn't take liking in Jimin- he only took her to the ball because he wanted Taeyeon to see that Jimin was aware of his secret.

"I..." Jimin paused, "Why are you asking me that? We're friends! It's my right to know what's going on in your world. Don't you consider me your friend? In fact we're close friends! Is Taeyeon all-"

"This is exactly why I don't consider you my friend." He forced out the last part, "How come you always- somehow bring Taeyeon... between us?"

"You don't consider me your friend." Jimin repeated- but in a sad tone. Baekhyun stayed quite- he already made it obvious and he didn't get why Jimin was so dumb- or was it that she knew and she pretended to be dumb. 

"Why don't you consider me your friend?" Jimin barely said. Baekhyun rubbed his forehead with his fingers- to ease the pain that was forming by Jimin's talking. Every word that came out of was bull to Baekhyun. 

"I just don't." Baekhyun didn't give the answer she wanted, the truth was that even he didn't know the answer to that. But, if he was asked the reasons why he disliked Jimin- he could name a lot. 

"I..." Jimin paused, "You know that I have feelings for you right?" Jimin said, even if she didn't directly confess, Baekhyun was already aware of that. Maybe that was one of the reasons he wanted to keep his distance from her. Because he didn't know how to react to that. He wanted to make her feel like he didn't like her- he just didn't know how to push her away.

Baekhyun was wrong as well, he knew he should have let her know before when countless of times- she indicated her feelings. Baekhyun gulped- he had to end it now or never. 

Baekhyun disliked Jimin... dislike is an understatement. 

Baekhyun was in love with Taeyeon who didn't return his feelings- and Taeyeon was in love with Jiyong who was crazy for Jimin for a long period of time. Even without Taeyeon's and Jiyong's connection- Baekhyun knew Jiyong too well. But, it wasn't the same the other way around.

Jiyong's older brother In Guk was Baekhyun's friend.

"I know, Jimin." Baekhyun responded softly unlike his attitude before. "Do you love Taeyeon?" 

Baekhyun didn't respond to that right away, he took his time. Analyzing her emotions and the situation. There weren't lot of people around in the area. He wanted to make it as less as painless as he could. Even if he didn't consider her his friend- she was still someone he knew for a long time. 

Baekhyun was confused beyond words.

"I... am." 

"Is there something... I-I could do t-to change that? I have loved you f-for so long..." Jimin's voice cracked, this wasn't how it was supposed to go. In Baekhyun's head, Jimin was supposed to get mad and yell at him. He wanted that to happen. He didn't expect her to try to change his mind.

"There is nothing, Jimin. I'm sorry but that's how it is." Baekhyun looked at the time- He had to head back now. "I love ... you."

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun got up, his voice trying to hide his softness. Jimin was a person that Taeyeon considered her friend- but it wasn't the same the other way. Baekhyun knew that Jimin was envious of Taeyeon... she didn't want her to be with Baekhyun or some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter