#26 Modern Fairytale

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is a modern fairytale... no happy ending, no wind in our sails. But, still I can't imagine a life without you.

"That bastard actually asked you to go? That nerve, I just want to crack his neck and-" Baekhyun paused when he saw the expression on Taeyeon's face. She had her brows knitted together. 

"Baek, you can't call him that and besides, shouldn't you be happy for me?" Taeyeon looked away.

"I am happy for you! You get to go with the guy who is only doing this to have his babies. Gosh, so fricking intolerable." Taeyeon frowned and exhaled, are you serious right now? 

"That's not it, Baek." She stressed out his name. They were inside Baekhyun's apartment. It had been a while since she had come here. Baekhyun never invited her in after her marriage, when she asked he always responded her with, 'you're another man's woman now. I can't just invite you in. Don't want to get stabbed' to say that it didn't bother Taeyeon; was a lie.

She didn't like the way how Baekhyun was so reserved to her. He maintained a safe distance between them, he never called or texted her like before and when asked his response was always,  don't make it more harder for me. It bothered Taeyeon, it confused her. He was a mystery. And, when he did call- or she in the usual case, he always hung up after talking for a minute or two. She never asked more because she assumed that he was busy with the company.

"You're becoming weird." Taeyeon confessed with a deep frown on her face, Baekhyun sat up straight on the couch looking extremely offended, "Like Jimin."

"Why the would you compare me with, her?" Baekhyun practically screamed at Taeyeon that caught her off guard. But, after a moment of silence when he realised what he had just done, his face turned into a apologetic one.

"This ..." Taeyeon mumbled feeling truly sad. Baekhyun scooted closer to her on the couch and gathered her attention with a hey.

"I'm sorry, I... I just..." He trailed off.

"Forget it, Byun Baek. I just ... forget we had this conversation." Baekhyun frowned.

"I'm going to go, thanks for sharing your time... and anger." Taeyeon was obviously sore, she picked up her hand bag and hung it on her shoulder. "I'll see you later."

 

"Jimin!" Taeyeon screamed cheerfully upon seeing her friend, "I'm so glad to see you!" Taeyeon entered Jimin's boutique with a wide smile on her face. Jimin frowned and it was not left un-noticed by Taeyeon but being the careless person she was- she brushed it aside and enveloped Jimin in her arms tightly. 

Taeyeon pulled back from the hug and gleefully looked at her friend, "Why you look so pale?! Have you been eating? Chanyeol stopped calling you yet? Why didn't you contact me! I was waiting for you to call me." Taeyeon blurted out and her friendliness pissed Jimin off.

"I'm not pale, I have been eating but not a lot since I'm on a diet. Yup, he did long time ago." Jimin remembered crying to Jiyong and asking him to call Chanyeol and tell him that his girl a.k.a Jimin has a boyfriend now. It was a long time ago, Jiyong was so distant towards her lately, not that she cared. Jimin smiled and continued, "I couldn't find the time."

"Well, since you didn't! I came here myself!" Jimin failed to respond to that. She saw that Taeyeon was holding some take-outs. Burger King, as us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter