#29 Tear drops

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The strongest drug that exists for human is another human.

Taeyeon was thinking about the kiss they shared few moments ago, she with a smile on her face entered the suite. What she saw made her still. It was as if she was suspended still in air, her brows furrowed together and she remembered feeling specifically as if someone had ripped her heart out. And, she felt like she was breathing even now.

"Taeyeon-- It's not what it looks like!" He wasn't sure if Taeyeon heard him, only despair was written all over his face. He was close to crying, he was alarmed and flinched when Jimin leaned in to whisper into his ear. "She's a forgiving person... but once you mess up bad... you mess up bad." Taeyeon was feeling this in her heart, how she leaned in to whisper into his ear. 

"I'll see you guys later." Jimin smiled and brushed past Taeyeon, the pearl haired beauty was paralyzed. When Jimin left, no one spoke for long. 

"It was Mum." With a deep breath, Taeyeon casually started. Jiyong was beyond confused, he swallowed when he saw the fake smile on Taeyeon's face. "She's really sick. I think I should go to her soon, right?"

Jiyong shook his head, "Taeyeon-ahh, please listen to me. I... I can explain everything. I will explain everything to you, so please just-"

Jiyong stopped dead when Taeyeon looked at him, her eyes telling him to shut the up. But, the last thing Jiyong ever wanted to do again was mess things up. He planned to tell her everything... from the beginning to the end.

"Taeyeon." He called when Taeyeon undid her pony tail and got under the covers, "I'm tired, let's go back to sleep." Taeyeon was trying to avoid it... trying to avoid the sour truth. 

"What you saw... It's true." Taeyeon had her back faced to him, but a big tear slipped from her eye. She closed her eyes and muttered the words, stop, please stop talking. "I was cheating on you, I was cheating on you with her for long before our marriage. Those ..." Jiyong paused bitting his lips so hard that he drew blood. He felt humiliated. He sat down on the mattress, it shurnk below him. 

"Those nights I was missing... I was with her. Somewhere... with her, making love and having the time of my life." Jiyong slapped himself mentally for giving out too much details but he didn't want to leave anything behind. Or he thought he'd regret it for the rest of his life. Taeyeon was sobbing, she took a deep breath.

"Shut up." Taeyeon muttered and it was heard by Jiyong but he continued everyone, "But you came along and turned things around. You're smile always melted me. It did from the start, I hated that about you! I even now hate that you make me... so crazy about you. Jimin ... she-"

"Shut up, Kwon Jiyong!" Taeyeon sat up and faced him, her eyes red and her tear strained face visible to him. He had the urge to just wipe those precious tears away but he couldn't... he was a coward. He wanted so bad to just erase the bad memories but he couldn't. 

"I promise to protect you from now on... You don't know how much I regret those times, I can't-"

"But, why would you regret the things that you once wanted? You can't do that. Those are one of the things you can't do." Taeyeon breathed and herself wiped her tears. Jiyong was stunned, he was unable to move. He opened his mouth to speak but Taeyeon pulled the string of the lamp and the room... darkened.

When Jiyong's eyes opened, he was on the couch, right where he slept. Usually when he fell asleep on the couch in their home. He would wake up with blanket over his body. He recalled all those times and it hurt him further knowing that he took her for granted. 

He saw Taeyeon in-front of the long length mirror. It was his wife, fixing her hair. She looked so wonderful... but somehow so untouchable. Jiyong's eyes flew open when he saw her black travel suit case ready and standing. He rubbed his eyes and stood up. When Taeyeon noticed that he had woken up, she turned to him with a blank face. 

"W...Where are you going?" Jiyong said pulling the suit case away from her but with a frown on her face, Taeyeon pulled it towards her.

"I'm going back." As if the death was pronounced, her words hung in the atmosphere. "Y...You can't do that, we're on our honeymoon. You can't just--"

"These days... a lot of things are being done. This is nothing. Come back after a week. I'm not going to show my face to your mother, we're just going to pretend we had th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter