#14 Moon light

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The moon was up, painting the world silver, making things look just a little more alive.

"What did you say?" Taeyeon choked out glancing between Baekhyun and Jimin who stood smiling. Jiyong stayed quite.

"Y-you? The heir of a corporation? D-don't make me laug-" Taeyeon fixed her eyes on Baekhyun--who had a stiff expression on his face, Taeyeon felt weak in her knees--threatning to fall down.  "T-Taeyeon-sshi..." Jiyong mumbled under his breath,

"No. You're not some heir of a corporation- you're just... you're just my friend." 

"Why can't I be both? Why can't I still be your friend?" Baekhyun's eyes and his words poured out all the sadness and sorrow hidden inside. 

"J-Jimin-ah, did y-you know about this? Tell me s-so I can understand! What is he saying?!" Taeyeon asked.

"I'm sorry that you didn't get to know of this before- I'm sorry I really am... but I was afraid that you would have treated me differently." Baekhyun voice cracked as he answered in Jimin's stead. 

"Funny." Taeyeon mumbled, tears forming in her eyes. Baekhyun balled both hands into fists at his side, and he cocked his head- barely enough to be noticed.

"I g-guess I'm easy to fool- since she already seems to know about this. I spent my entire childhood with you- thinking and being proud that you are the person I'm the most c-closest to! I thought I knew you more than anyone else in this world." Baekhyun huffed out in pain as Taeyeon finished. 

Jiyong was getting the idea of what was going on, he wanted to stop Taeyeon-- looking at Jimin he asked for help but Jimin refused to make eye contact with him.

How do they all know each other?! Jiyong wondered.

Taeyeon felt betrayed and heart broken. Jiyong hid back the urge to say something. "I... think w-we should leave now, Taeyeon-sshi. I don't think you're feeling well--" His statement was right, the blonde couldn't even stand still- her world felt dizzy. 

He gently wrapped his arm around her waist and was about to leave with her when, "You're right. You are easy to fool." As Baekhyun finished, Jiyong held back the need to punch him in the face and tell him to shut up. 

He saddened when Taeyeon puffed in dismay, clenching Jiyong's hand rightly-- without knowing. In haste, Jiyong let go of Taeyeon's hand to make her look at him- in the eyes. "Look at me." His voice was commanding and with tears in her eyes- she complied. Looking at him and only... him.

"We're leaving." And pulling Taeyeon, he gently lead them far away from Baekhyun and Jimin.

 

"Wait..!" Taeyeon screeched making Jiyong stop. They were in the deserted part of the palace- a hallway of some sort. Jiyong with pain in his eyes looked at Taeyeon. She was crying.

Before he could control his hands- he cupped her cheeks and slowly wiped the tears off with his thumbs, "Don't cry." It was like he was ordering her but their was definite gentleness in his voice that made Taeyeon's heart melt and made her cry even harder. Jiyong's eyes darted towards the balcony they were in front of.

"Here." Pulling away from her, Jiyong took off his coat and briefly looked at her, "Wear this." She looked surprised but turned around so Jiyong could put on the coat. She felt warm and J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter