#25 Every time he smiles

Once In A Life Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every time he smiles I let him again, everything is fine when you're standing in the eye of the hurricane.

"What do you mean by that?" He thought he was going to have a heart attack, why did it matter so much in the first place? x

"It's not that I don't wish to go... I know how crucial it is for you to be at the company. We can't afford even a week." It's was not fair, he was gasping for air. Jiyong inhaled and thought for a second. Did I really make you feel like that? Jiyong thought.

"And besides, I'm going to start working again, enough break for me." Her voice made his heart flutter, the way she spoke. Jiyong had to look away, she made him glow all of a sudden. 

"Taeyeon-sshi, we can go. Let's just go... let's not think about anything else for now, besides I need a break too..." The first time I met you... you told me you'll never fall in love with me. But, now I think I know why you said that... 

"We don't have to. If you want time off, you can just..." Taeyeon paused when she saw the expression on Jiyong's face, she decided to continue, "I... just don't want you to loose your spot in the company. You worked really hard to earn it and I don't want it to be taken away from just because of someone." Jiyong thought for a second that someone had stabbed him, someone?! 

He was at loss of words, "You're not just someone, alright. What kind of nonsense is this?" He stressed his words to make her feel opposite of what she was feeling. Kwon Jiyong, you were just afraid of falling in love, right? I want to give your heart a break... 

"Taeyeon-sshi, we'll go not just because you want to, because I want to too." I need a break from the nasty world too. Jiyong was drowned in his thoughts too. "As long as you want to of-course. I don't want to force you." 

"I... I'll think about it."

"He's been doing all these things for me." Tiffany expressed to Taeyeon, her hands that were constantly moving around were showing her excitement. "It's just so crazy, I know he's still a bad boy but gosh, he's like a bad boy that is only a good boy to his woman."

Taeyeon laughed and sipped her coffee, "That's really refreshing to hear, he's perusing in such a..." Taeyeon paused to look for the perfect word, "Loveable manner." Tiffany broke out in a smile and nodded her head. 

"Ah, how about Jiyong oppa? I think I heard you two are going to your honeymoon!" Taeyeon could tell that Tiffany was super thrilled to hear Taeyeon response, but too bad she had to be disappointed. 

"Actually... I said I'll think about it." Tiffany's eyes grew open and she absent mindedly slammed the cup down. Taeyeon flinched at the sound but regained her position, of course Hwang Tiffany had to say something.

"WHAT?!" Tiffany hollered, feeling genuinely taken back. Taeyeon forced a smile and wanted to explain why she said that. "Why would you say that? You know what kind of person he is? He probably had to slam his head down a thousand times to get himself to say it." Taeyeon pursed her lips.

"Exactly." There was silence between them. 

"You're crazy, Kim Taeyeon. What the hell do you mean by that?" Tiffany was excited to hear Taeyeon's response. 

"If he wants to go with me... he'll have to do way better than that." Taeyeon stressed out each word and sipped her coffee. What am I doing? I don't know either.

"Of course, she doesn't want to go!" Mama Kwon hollered at Jiyong when he told that he was pretty much 'rejected', not that he was admitting it.

"Well, I seriously don't know either! I said in the nicest way possible!" 

"Aigoo, child you don't understand women psychology. You gotta pursue her. You said she doesn't want to go because it will interfere your work?" Jiyong wanted to know about that pursuing, his mother was talking about but he thought he could figure that much out. 

"Yeah, she said that's why." Jiyong scratched his head.

"You probably made her feel like that, how else would she come up with that. What am I going to do with you?"

"Me? I don't know what you are talking about. I don't think..." He paused.

Kwon Jiyong rarely attended her calls.

He rarely was home.

They rarely talked and when they did, he had to leave because of work. And, truth to be told was Jimin wasn't where he was all the time. He barely had time to meet her too. But, they did meet. 

However, each time they met- he felt pressured and it was suffocating. He liked being around Jimin but he felt trapped... 

Silence fell upon him, how have I been treating her?

"Go now, what are you doing standing here?"

"Oh... You came?" Taeyeon was surprised when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter