If It's Not Hypothetical

Warming Up

Warning; (extremely) Minor homophobia, minor mentions of domestic violence

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

“Bye guys” Jimin smiled “Thanks”

“Bye Jiminie” They all called

“Oh hey before you go” Hoseok added quickly “Can you please just text Yoongi or something? He’s worried sick about you”

“Yeah” Jimin nodded “I’ve been kinda unfair, haven’t I? I’ll call him now, unless he’s in school?”

“He’s at my house preparing himself” Hoseok informed “Thanks Jimin. see you Monday?”

“Tuesday more likely” Jimin shrugged, despite knowing they couldn’t see him “I’ll see you guys soon”

He sighed hanging up, and looking out the window for a few seconds. He’d been ignoring Yoongi’s texts for almost a full day, it used to be that he’d open them within seconds of getting them not at all caring that he might come off as too eager because well someone he loves was texting him and he was eager to talk. At first he didn’t read the messages because he was mad, and then he was guilty and now – now he was just scared. Scared that Yoongi will be mad at him, that all the texts he sent were him just yelling at Jimin and saying he didn’t need him after all. But from the way that the guys were talking he really didn’t have any reason to be scared of Yoongi being mad at him. He took a deep breath, unlocking his phone and tapping on Yoongi’s contact name.

Most of the messages were just Yoongi trying to get his attention, just saying his name or calling him sunshine, asking Jimin to talk to him, it almost looked like he was begging but Jimin knew Yoongi was too prideful to beg for anything. He paused, thumbs hovering over his screen for a few seconds trying to figure out exactly what to say.

From: Ji Minie

Call me when you get a chance

He settled for that, hoping the simple message would let Yoongi talk instead, since he didn’t exactly let Yoongi talk before.

It took about two minutes of lip biting and nervously scrolling through his news feed for the second time that day in case he missed something, which he knows he didn’t but there was nothing better to do because he had a four-hour long bus ride ahead of him but he didn’t want to read the book he’d brought just yet, before his phone started vibrating and a selfie of Yoongi that Jimin made him take lit up the screen. He fumbled, almost dropping his phone in the process, and swiping his thumb across the screen to answer.

“Hello?”

“Hey Jimin” Yoongi sounded breathless “Sorry I was in the shower. I didn’t see your text”

“I just sent a few minutes ago though?” Jimin had to suppress the laugh building in his chest “Aren’t you at Hobi’s house?”

“Don’t act like you’ve never showered at Taehyung or Jungkook’s house” Yoongi shot back, and it was almost like nothing even happened with how easily they were conversing “Wait, how’d you know that?”

“Hobi told me” Jimin shrugged “Shouldn’t you be in school hyung?”

“No, I- I actually can’t go today I need to uh” he paused taking a breath “Hey sunshine?”

“Mm?” Jimin hummed, shifting to stare out the window, watching the scenery pass

He heard Yoongi clear his throat “I’m sorry”

Jimin almost scoffed because, Yoongi shouldn’t be the one apologizing – at least in this case. But Jimin held it in, let Yoongi continue

“I’m gonna be completely honest here, ok?”

“Ok”

There was another pause as Yoongi tried to find the words “You were right, I didn’t want to meet my soulmate, but I was just spewing bull excuses so I wouldn’t have to say why- and Jimin, I want to tell you why but I need to say it to your face and not over the phone.” Jimin made a noise of acknowledgement “But Sunshine, I never lied to you. I’ve always been out right with how I feel, for the most part. When I say I want to be with you I ing mean I want to be with you. I don’t want you to think I don’t, and I’m sorry that I made you feel like that. I’m just not great at expressing myself in words y’know?”

“I’m sorry too hyung” Jimin mumbled “I shouldn’t assume things, I was just in a bad mood and I overheard you talking to Tae and Kook and I walked away after I heard you say you didn’t like the idea of soulmates and I just assumed which was stupid of me and I’m sorry” he finished, realizing he started rambling

“You had a right to be mad at me though” Yoongi sighed “I’m an . I’ve been really selfish y’know, for avoiding you and then not telling my sister, I don’t know I’m just an ”

“Yeah” Jimin chuckled “But you’re my , so it’s ok”

Yoongi let out a breathy laugh that sounded relieved even through the phone “I’ll never be as amazing as your Jimin don’t try to lie to me”

A memory flickered in the back of Jimin’s mind, from the first time Jimin spent the night with Yoongi and well, given the opportunity he has to use it

“You spend a lotta time staring at my ?” he quoted light heartedly

Yoongi snorted “Course I do” and he didn’t even sound ashamed

Jimin laughed, muffling the sound with his hand so he doesn’t accidentally wake his brother or dad in the seats in front of him. “Thanks hyung, I’m glad you think my is – what was it? Great?”

“Amazing” Yoongi corrected “Everything about you is amazing Sunshine. Sorry I haven’t exactly said that before”

Jimin smiled, he could practically see the blush forming on Yoongi’s cheeks “You’re not too bad yourself Hyung”

“Just let me compliment you, you little ” Jimin could feel the roll of Yoongi’s eyes and he laughed

“Ok hyung” Jimin nodded watching the countryside pass by, bringing his legs up, pressing his knees to his chest “Thank you”

Yoongi cleared his throat “So, we’re good?”

“You’re not mad at me for snapping at you?”

“I’m not mad at you”

Jimin grinned “Ok, we’re good. I love you”

“I – me too” Yoongi stuttered

Jimin blinked “Wait, wait” he stammered “What?”

“You heard me brat” Yoongi groaned “I don’t wanna have to say it over the phone”

Jimin let out a breathy laugh in disbelief “You, but you just admitted it, willingly”

“Yeah”

“I wanna hear it on Tuesday” Jimin said decisively “Please”

“Tuesday?”

Jimin hummed, arching an eyebrow before realizing that – he never got the chance to tell Yoongi “Y-yeah, I’m in Busan ‘till late Monday night”

“Excuse me?” Yoongi really just sounded confused “You’re in Busan?”

“I’m on the bus?” Jimin chuckled apologetically “Sorry, I didn’t find out until after I yelled at you so I didn’t tell you”

Yoongi coughed “Have fun, I guess” Jimin just shrugged in response- he’s not sure why, Yoongi can’t see him. “Oh, hey sunshine” he heard Yoongi snap his fingers like just remembered something

“Yeah?” Jimin jumped slightly

“I’m telling my sister that we’re together today” Yoongi said, his voice getting quieter by the word “because you’re too important to keep it a secret and that’s part of the reason that you were mad at me right?”

Jimin paused, swallowing down the lump in his throat “Won’t she be mad?”

“I don’t give a ” he snorted

“Good luck Hyung” Jimin sighed “Sorry I’m not there”

“Thanks” Yoongi chuckled “Text me when you can ok?”

Jimin felt like a brick was lifted from his chest after hanging up the phone. Everything was better – at least with him and Yoongi

“Hyung” came a sleepy voice from in front of him, making his head snap up

“Jihyun” Jimin greeted with a nod

He watched Jihyun smile dumbly at him, pushing his hair from his eyes “You’re smiling Hyung”

“So are you” Jimin chuckled

“You haven’t smiled since yesterday” Jihyun yawned “Are you ok now?”

“Yeah, ‘m ok Jihyun” Jimin grinned reaching forward ruffling his brother’s hair “Thanks”

“Good” Jihyun shrugged, turning back around “I was worried about you”

--

Yoongi sighed, putting his phone down on Hoseok’s ‘lucky’ pillow, ruffling his damp brown hair. It was too early to actually do anything. His plans on moping were kinda ruined when Jimin called him so all he could do was either sleep, mess around on his phone or actually prepare what he was gonna say to his sister. He huffed, laying down and closing his eyes imagining every scenario for later that day that he could until he heard the distinct ping from his phone. He frowned opening his eyes and grabbing it.

From: Mom hyung

Hey

From: Min Swaggy

What’s up Jin

From: Mom hyung

Do you want me to bet there for moral support?

From: Min Swaggy

Str8 to the point lmao

From: Mom hyung

Just answer the question

From: Min swaggy

That’d be great if you could actually, thanks Jin

After sending the elder when and where he silently thanked Jin’s parents that for raising him the way they did because he’s so relieved he doesn’t have to do it alone.

He’s chicken out if he had to do it alone, he’s sure.

--

Yoongi squeaked, high pitched and not the most masculine sound he’d ever made, when Jin practically tackled him into a hug as soon as he saw him. A habit Yoongi’s sure he picked up from Taehyung.

“I’m so proud of you” Jin mumbled swaying them to the side a few times while Yoongi awkwardly patted his back. Yoongi wondered in the back of his mind why Jin refused admit that he acted like a mom, but for now he was more focused on getting Jin to let go because 1) he really does not like hugs and 2) he was squeezing way too tightly

Yoongi scoffed, as soon as Jin let go, immediately fixing his clothes that Jin messed up “I will literally pay you twenty dollars to never do that to me again”

Jin laughed “I forgot hugs aren’t really your thing” he said as they started walking toward the park Yoongi agreed to meet his sister at “But still Suga I’m proud of you”

“What?” Yoongi almost snorted “Why? For telling my sister? I shoulda done it a long time ago Princess”

“Character development Suga” Jin chuckled patting the younger’s head

“I feel like you’re spending too much time with Tae” Yoongi said blankly sitting on one of the swings

He was glad the park was empty, he didn’t want to have to talk over any kids playing, Jin hummed sitting on the swing next to him and swaying

“Do you know what you’re gonna say?” he asked

“Nope” Yoongi snorted “But y’know? I talked to Jimin today so I think I can do it”

“Oh good, Jimin actually did call you” Jin grinned “well, I’m here, the guys are with you in spirit. We all believe in you”

“Yeah well that’s more than I can say for myself” Yoongi laughed “But no matter what I’m gonna tell her today. Do not under any circumstance let me run ok”

“I got you” Jin snapped pointing at him in a manner that could only be described as finger guns and Yoongi groaned because why the hell did his best fried have to be so ridiculous at a time like this.  

“You’re lame”

You’re lame”

“Shut the up” Yoongi chuckled, stopping when he saw his sister walking their way

“Hey you dyed your hair” Was the first thing out of when she saw Yoongi and “Oh, and Seokjin’s here, hi Seokjin” was the next

“Hi noona” Jin greeted with a smile

Yoongi stayed quiet as she on the swing on the other side of him

“So? What’d you wanna talk about?” She asks innocently enough “It’s not about dad, right? You said you were staying at a friend’s house didn’t you?”

“It’s not” Yoongi shook his head “It-it’s about uh-”

Yoongi was cut off by the sound of his sister’s phone playing some song he’d never heard, he watched her take the device from her purse quickly

“It’s Youngchul, facetiming me” she blinked “That’s weird. Hey Yoongz do you mind?” she asked

“Nah” he shook his head “It’s been a while since I’ve seen him”

She slid her thumb across the screen waiting as the camera brought their brother’s face up on the screen

“Noona!” his voice was garbled slightly by the phones speaker’s but still unmistakably Yoongi’s older brother

“Youngchul!” Yunseo grinned “What’s up bro”

“Nothin’ I’m just on break and thought it’s been a while since I talked to you” Yoongi could see he was wearing a suit

“Oh! Oh!” Yunseo grinned moving her swing so she was closer to Yoongi “Look who I’m with” Yoongi shifted awkwardly as Yunseo threw her arm around his shoulder

“Hi hyung” Yoongi sent a small smile to the screen, watching his brother’s eyes widen

“Yoongi?” he gaped “ you grew”

Yoongi chuckled “Yeah, people do that hyung”

“Ah, as sassy as ever” Youngchul sighed making Yunseo laugh

“Seokjin’s here too” Yunseo added turning the screen long enough for Jin to wave at the camera

“Why’re you all together?” he asked

Yoongi froze shifting uncomfortably again away from his sister’s arms

“Yoongi wanted to have serious conversation I think” Yunseo said

“Oh, should I call back?” Youngchul blinked

Yoongi shook his head “No, actually it might be easier if you’re both here for this” Yoongi sighed glancing at Jin next to him

Jin sent him a thumbs up despite the dumb founded look on his face, he was surprised that he actually still doing this.

There was a silence, his siblings waiting for him to continue while he bit his lip.

He cleared his throat “How would you guys react if I uh if I said I found my soulmates?” he asked using the toe of his boot to dig a hole in the dirt under his swing

“You haven’t, have you?” Yunseo frowned “This is just a hypothetical, right?”

“It has to be hypothetical” Youngchul chuckled “There’s… there’s no way”

“How would you react?” Yoongi repeated, in a more demanding way “Tell me”

“Who?” Yunseo snapped “Who is it”

Yoongi flinched at the harsh tone “Hoseok and Jimin” he mumbled

“You cannot be serious Yoongi I mean platonic is fine but romantic?” his brother scoffed “You haven’t actually, y’know-”

“And what if I have?” Yoongi interrupted

Yunseo scoffed “What the hell is wrong with you Yoongi? You – You can’t just do that! They have to prove they’re worth-”

Yoongi snapped his head to look at her “They have. Time and time again”

Yunseo paused taken aback, Yoongi had never spoken to her with so much venom in his voice, looked at her so much anger

“Yoongi you can’t” Youngchul tried to reason softly

“Why not?” he practically snarled

His brother paused, taking a breath “It doesn’t work like that”

“What would you know?” Yoongi barked angrily “Hyung you met your soulmate when you were nine. Nine ing years old. Neither you nor her even thought about soulmates until years’ after you met and became friends. And Noona – noona, noona, noona” Yoongi shook his head bitterly “You met yours during finals week in college. Neither of you had time until summer and he wooed you. But you know what?” he paused taking an angry breath “Screw you both. I deserve to be happy too, Jimin deserves to be happy. I can trust him – you don’t need to worry about that. He spent over half a year just happy being my friend and he makes me happy ok?”

“But” Yunseo cut in “Jimin’s a boy”

Youngchul sputtered “His soulmate’s a dude?”

Yoongi stood abruptly fists clenching at his side, swing flying backwards before hitting the back of his knees “So what?” he snapped “So what if my soulmate’s a boy, huh? Why should that ing matter? What the is wrong with the both of you?”

 Yunseo followed suit also standing her hand drawn back face red with rage, dropping her phone in the process

“What are you gonna do Noona?” Yoongi chuckled “Slap me? Hit me? Are you really going to stoop down to our dad’s level, huh? Solve all your problems with violence?”

He watched his sister stiffen, hand falling to her side as she stared at him wide eyed. He scoffed, walking away without another word, and Jin cleared his throat.

“Oh Seokjin” Yunseo said shakily “You’re still here. Maybe you can talk some sense into him”

“I don’t think it’s him that need the sense talked into them” Jin said standing from his swing as well, stuffing his hands in his pockets “It’s not really my business, but in my opinion you two are wrong. Yoongi – he hasn’t been this happy in years. But with Jimin he smiles so easily, talks so much more, he’s letting people touch him again. I even got a short hug from him today. He’s showing emotion, he’s not blank anymore.”

“But Jimin’s a boy”

“So is my soulmate” Jin replied in an annoyed tone “Gender shouldn’t matter. You don’t choose your soulmate. You should know that. So Jimin’s a dude, he’s also a literal cinnamon roll that just wants everyone to be happy. He cares about Yoongi more than he cares about himself, the boy would never even think about laying a hand on Yoongi in any way that he wouldn’t want. I don’t see what your problem is” he shrugged following his shorter friend leaving Yoongi’s siblings in silence.

==============================
==============================

 

Park Jimin has silver hair :))))) im in so much pain

 

Min Yoongi has black hair :)) BigHit please

Comment please!!