Intervention

Warming Up

There’s something about Jimin that Yoongi can’t quite place. Something about the way he laughs, the way he smiles, something about the droop of his eyes and the way they turn into perfect little crescents when he’s happy. There’s something about Jimin that has Yoongi letting his guard down around the younger, as if he hadn’t been totally petrified of the idea of dating him just over two months ago. There’s something that has Yoongi forget that he wasn’t always in love with him, forget that he wasn’t supposed to be so trusting of his soulmate so quickly. Something that catches him off guard every time he’s around Jimin that has him falling deeper in love and he’s not sure how he could be so enamored by a single person, how a single giggle could have his heart rate pick up, how the feeling of their hands slotting together spreads a comfortable warmth through his chest, how just the presence of the younger has his mood pick up almost immediately. And it’s a little scary how Yoongi’s let himself be pulled in, how he’s stopped resisting this – this happiness. And he hates that his siblings and him had to have this rule about their soulmates, but it was necessary for them to make sure they’d all be safe. Yoongi knows he’s safe, that he can trust Jimin, and that’s why he gave in. That’s why he let himself shift into Jimin’s lap, why he let himself get lost in such a heated kiss, let himself moan into Jimin’s mouth once or twice. Because Jimin is perfect and he’s positive that they’re good for each other.

And Yoongi stayed in Jimin’s lap even after they’d made out even after Jimin tried to apologize for going so quickly, he liked having Jimin in his arms. Jimin was warm and solid and fit in Yoongi’s arms perfectly and Yoongi love the feeling of Jimin’s breath against his collar bone. So he stayed embracing his beautiful, perfect, amazing boyfriend until he heard footsteps start climbing up the stairs and he remembered that, , his sister isn’t going to be happy if she finds out that Jimin’s his soulmate and that they’re already more friends. He quickly scrambles off Jimin’s lap sitting back a few feet away leaving a bewildered looking Jimin and a sudden cold feeling throughout his body as he picks up the closest text book and opens it to a random page. He’s about to explain to Jimin, who’s blinking his wide eyes at him, why he basically ran away when his door swung open to Yunseo telling them that dinner would be ready in fifteen minutes, and he watches Jimin thank her politely before Yoongi waves her off telling her she was interrupting their studying and really that could have waited like ten more minutes. And Yunseo left grumbling about her rude brother.

“Sorry about that Sunshine” Yoongi sighed running his hand through his hair “It’s just – she can’t know about, well, us… yet”

Jimin nodded looking down, grabbing his notes “It’s fine” and something about the glint in Jimin’s eyes and the tone in his voice that has Yoongi’s heart clenching and gut twisting, telling him that No. it’s not fine.

Yoongi hates hiding Jimin, he realizes. And he can tell that Jimin’s hurt which makes him want to scream at himself because – – Jimin really does deserve someone better.

“Sunshine-”

“Let’s get washed up for dinner, yeah?” Jimin interrupted standing from his spot, stretching his legs out

“Jiminie”

“You know I’m excited to try your sisters cooking” Jimin continued as if Yoongi wasn’t trying to talk to him

“Jimin”

“I bet she’s good, I mean she’s gotta be or else you’d probably die-”

“For s sake Park!” Yoongi snapped, words harsher than he meant – they always were “Sit back down and let me talk” and he felt guilty because Jimin looks more hurt than before and Yoongi’s sure he’s the biggest up in all of Seoul

Jimin nodded, sitting back down pulling his knees up to his chest and he looked so defensive, like he’s about to cry, and Yoongi feels like he’d been punched in the face because

“I’m sorry Jimin I--” Yoongi stutters “I didn’t mean to be so harsh. I just – I don’t know, I’m sorry”

Jimin shrugs a little, face sending him a small smile but he’s coiled into a ball and it’s bothering Yoongi.

“And I’m sorry that I haven’t told my sister about us” Yoongi continues “I know it must bother you, it bothers me too – it’s just – the thing is” Yoongi takes a breath hesitating “My siblings and I – since childhood we… I…” Yoongi rubbed the bridge of his nose “ I don’t know how to say this”

“You don’t have to” Jimin told him “If you don’t wanna you don’t have to”

“No, Sunshine” Yoongi sighed again “I want to, I have to tell you eventually I ju-just don’t know how”

“It’s ok hyung” Jimin smiled head falling to the side slightly “I’ll wait until you’re ready”

Yoongi snorts “Yeah that’s not the first time you’ve said that to me” he jokes “Sorry about that”

And Jimin laughs, the quiet noise instantly making Yoongi relax. He holds his hand out and Jimin takes it tentatively smiling wider as Yoongi pressed a light kiss to the back of his hand.

“Now let’s get cleaned up for dinner” Yoongi repeats Jimin’s words from earlier “Yeah?”

--

There was a squeal as Yoongi and Jimin made their way down the stairs and Yoongi probably should have been more surprised when he gets tackled by a five-year-old, but really he’s not.

“Yoongi oppa dinners almost ready” Haeun grinned as Yoongi lifted her into his arms

Yoongi smiled “Yes, Haeun, Oppa knows”

“Did your good friend sleep well?” she asked trying peer over his shoulder

“Why don’t you ask him yourself Haeun?” Yoongi chuckled setting her back down “He’s very nice” he added stepping to the side

Haeun’s lips formed into little ‘o’ shape as she looked at Jimin “You’re the oppa from the store!” she grinned happily pointing at Jimin

Jimin found himself chuckling as he squatted down to the girl’s level “Hey cutie, nice to see you again” there was a moment where Haeun’s face had a twinge of pink before she started giggling

“Hey” Yoongi frowned kicking Jimin lightly “Stop my making my niece blush”

“What? It’s nice to know I can make someone so cute blush” Jimin grinned as Haeun hid her face in her hands “She looks kinda like you Hyung, adorable”

“You callin’ me cute?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow

There was a smirk on Jimin’s face as he looked back up at Yoongi “Maybe I am”

Yoongi felt his face heat up as well, and all he could do was mutter a “Brat” under his breath

“Yoongi!” Yunseo called from the kitchen “Get your lazy in here and help me set the table”

Yoongi whined in the back of his throat moving into the kitchen.

“Chiminie oppa” Haeun whispered tugging lightly on his sleeve

“Yeah?” he responded at an equal tone turning back to her

“Do you like Yoongi oppa?” she asked, earning a raised eyebrow “I mean like, like, like Yoongi oppa”

Jimin chuckled, smiling at the girl “Yeah, I like-like Yoongi hyung” he nodded “What gave it away?”

“You said he was cute and his face turned pink” she said matter-of-factly “Appa said if you really mean that someone is cute they’ll blush”

Jimin hummed quietly in response

“Besides” she continued grinning “You and Yoongi oppa look at each other the same way Umma and Appa look at each other.”

“Oh” Jimin smiled “Haeun, can you keep that a secret though? Please?”

Haeun frowned, cocking her head slightly “Why? Don’t you want him to know?”

“Yoongi knows how I feel” Jimin smiled, ruffling her hair “So let’s not say anything to your mom ok?”

“Ok” She smiled, saluting cutely

Jimin stood back up “Let’s go eat, yeah?”

“Yeah!”

--

Yoongi thinks he shouldn’t be as surprised as he is to see how easily Jimin fits in at dinner table

“So?” Yunseo asked leaning over the table slightly “How is it?”

“It’s really great Noona” Jimin smiled “I haven’t had bindaettoek in so long, it’s almost exactly how I remember it! It really is still my favorite dish”

Yunseo smiled

“If it’s your favorite why haven’t you had it in so long Chiminie oppa?” Haeun asked taking a large bite from her plate making Yoongi lean over to wipe

“Ah well, my mom used to make it for my brother and I all the time when we were kids” Jimin chuckled awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck “But I just haven’t in a while, for reasons. It’s nice to eat it again”

Yoongi looked back at him, frowning at the uncomfortable smile on his face. Without a word Yoongi placed his hand over Jimin’s tight fist that had formed, under the table. He watched Jimin relax as they intertwined their fingers

“So you know what Taehyung said to me the other day?” Yoongi said suddenly, quickly changing the subject “He told me that salt water fish actually do get thirsty”

“What?” Jimin blinked “No way! He’s insane”

“No, not this time Jimin” Yoongi shook his head “He actually did his research”

Jimin snorted “And when’d he tell you this?”

“The other while you guys were at dance practice”

“Aish that guy” Jimin rolled his eyes “You know I’m his soulmate but I’m always the last to hear these things”

Yoongi pretended not to notice the slight tremble of Jimin’s hand under the table as they continued to complain about Taehyung

--

“So…” Hoseok grinned “How was dinner with Jimin and noona?”

Yoongi frowned, not quite liking the tone of his friend’s voice let alone the fact that he just woke up “It was fine I guess” he shrugged, rolling out of the burrito he made out of blankets in his sleep “Like having a friend over and them eating dinner with my sister” he sighed before adding “You know, with the addition of holding hands under the table and making out in my bed room”

He really didn’t see the point in hiding anything from Hoseok at that point, he’d find out eventually anyways

Hoseok blinked “I’m sorry?” he breathed out “Can you, can you repeat that last part?”

“I said I held his hand under the table”

“No I mean after that”

“After that I said the word ‘and’ is that what you’re looking for?” Yoongi shrugged, finding the exasperation on Hoseok’s face amusing

“And what though?” Hoseok whined “You said you made out with him?”

Yoongi shrugged, nonchalantly tugging a random shirt over his head    

“Don’t shrug at me Min Yoongi” Hoseok pouted “I’m serious! This is important”

“The only people it should be important to is Jimin and I” Yoongi rolled his eyes “now would ya quiet down a bit? You’ll wake my sister, or worse my niece”

“We’re gonna continue this on the way to school then”

“Fine, whatever”

--

“Min Yoongi hyung!” Yoongi’s really not sure what to make of being pulled into an empty classroom and being addressed by his full name, but he’s sure it’s not a good thing

“What the ?” Yoongi blinked eyes adjusting to the dim lighting of the room “Taehyung? Jungkook?”

“Yeah hi hyung good morning blah blah pleasantries aside” Jungkook rolled his eyes “What happened yesterday?”

Yoongi raised his eyebrow at the two youngest “Yesterday?”

“We know Jiminie went to your house yesterday” Taehyung explained “But he wont tell us anything, but his mood keeps changing”

“So we wanna know what the hell happened”

“Do you want to know the good thing or the bad thing?” Yoongi asked slowly eyeing the two

“All”

“All?”

“All”

--

“Wait” Jungkook frowned holding his hand up “Let me get this straight”

“As straight as this can be considering they’re both dudes” Taehyung joked slightly “ok I’ll stop this is serious”

“So, so you – and correct me if I’m wrong – you kissed him, helped him with his homework, somehow ended up in his lap with his tongue down your throat” he sighed as Yoongi nodded, thinking the ceiling suddenly looked really interesting “And then scrambled away from him in a panic and snapped at him and then held his hand under the table”

“Unfortunately” Yoongi sighed

“You’re kinda at this boyfriend thing” Taehyung chuckled

“I know” Yoongi sighed “I really have no idea what I’m doing. I’ve never dated before and I’m being stupid”

He really doesn’t understand how he ended up skipping class with the two youngest of their group of friends in a dusty empty classroom, or why they became his counselors about his relationship when really, Jimin should be the one in this position. Not that he thinks Jimin should be skipping class but that’s beside the point

“Yeah no hyung” Jungkook snorted

“What’d you have for dinner?” Taehyung asked after a minute of deep thought as it seemed to Yoongi

Yoongi sighed looking back up at the ceiling to think “Bindaettoek, I’m actually not really a fan but my sister made it” he shrugged

“You had bindaettoek” Taehyung repeated

“Oh I remember going over to Jimin hyung’s house on the weekends and eating that all the time” Jungkook smiled slightly tilting his head back at the memory “His mom was a good at making bindaettoek”

“Yeah she was” Taehyung agreed “Too bad she-” he paused looking at Yoongi for a second before sighing “I miss eating it on the weekends”

“Yeah” Jungkook nodded “No wonder he got all awkward at dinner” he laughed quietly

“I can’t believe you used me as a distraction hyung” Taehyung whined “I don’t say things that weird”

“You called me at three in the morning last week asking if pigeons have feelings” Jungkook deadpanned “I think that’s a reasonable topic to change to, especially because I know he calms down whenever he calls you an idiot Taehyungie hyung”

“Don’t ‘Taehyungie’ me that’s rude Jungkook” Taehyung frowned “I deserve better soulmates”

“Yeah well” Yoongi sighed “A lot of people deserve better soulmates”

--

Of course, they ended up skipping the next few classes ad Yoongi’s really not sure why he’s letting the two of them bombard him with so many questions when he should be preparing for his finals – but here he is.

“Hyung” Jungkook paused “What makes this so hard for you?”

Yoongi hesitated “I… I don’t know” he sighed

“Then think Hyung” Taehyung prompted “How did this start? Why did you not want your soulmates?”

“I’ve always said I wanted to choose who I ended up with.” Yoongi frowned ringing his fingers together, looking up at the ceiling again “That soulmates aren’t necessary, y’know like that whole concept of having my best friend and lover picked for me it - I always told people that it pissed me off – which it did don’t get me wrong that wasn’t a lie”

He sighed leaning back against the classroom wall. He watched as Jungkook’s eyebrows drew together with a pout and Taehyung motioned for him to continue

“Go on hyung” Taehyung urged “Maybe we can help if we know”

“It’s just – I’m going to be honest here so don’t you dare say anything about this and this doesn’t leave the room ok?” Yoongi sighed watching the two nod quickly “Look, they’re great, ok? Hoseok and Jimin are great. I’m glad I met them it’s just-” he sighed again “I’m not sure how to put this. Soulmates haven’t really been a good thing to my family, like my dad isn’t a – he’s – ­– ok listen I haven’t told anybody about this, Jin only knows because he’s known me all my life”

“Ok” Jungkook nods “go on”

Yoongi paused again scowling at the untied shoe lace on Taehyung’s shoe.

“My dad isn’t exactly what you’d call a good person” he shrugged “My mom deserved a better soulmate, my siblings and I learned that soulmates aren’t exactly always a good thing so that’s why we’re all hesitant about them. I don’t want what my mom got, that seemed fair right?” He paused rubbing the back of his neck “Or maybe I was being selfish but really I was lucky. Y’know Jimin’s actually amazing, of course you know he’s your soulmate too. I got lucky, I know he’s a good person… But it’s hard for me to get used to the idea that – hey, I actually have someone that I can trust. And I don’t know how to deal with it, or how to break the news to my sister that maybe my soulmate will be good for me, that my soulmate shouldn’t have to work for years to have to get a date.”

The silence in the room was unsettling, to say the least.

“I have a question” Jungkook said after a minute, sitting next Yoongi, leaning his head against the elder’s leg

Yoongi hummed in acknowledgement

“How do you feel about Jimin hyung?”

“I’m in love with him of course” The response was immediate, it slipped before Yoongi even realized his mouth was moving and he felt himself blushing

“Then that’s what really matters” Taehyung grinned “Nothing else matters as long you love him”

“We’ll be here to help you guys you know” Jungkook smiled, leaning over to tie Taehyung’s shoe “Taehyungie hyung and I will always be here to help you both out”

“You should just be there for Jimin” Yoongi rolled his eyes, smiling to himself “He’s your soulmate”

“Hey, any soulmate of my soulmate is a soulmate of mine” Jungkook laughed

“By that logic our whole group is each other’s soulmate” Yoongi chuckled

“Exactly” Taehyung nodded “We’re all soulmates, we were all meant to be together so I know everything’ll work out the way they’re supposed to, hyung”

“God I hope you’re right” Yoongi mumbled “Thank you two”

“Of course hyung”

===================================
======================================

Highschool :) has :) so :) much :) homework:)

i never have time to write :)))

Of course i'm a peice of trash that started writing a new fic even though i have no time lmao it's another soulmate au 
here it is
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1171285/you-must-be-kidding-me-yoonmin-collegeau-highschoolau-taekook-namjin-soulmateau

Check that out if you want haha

WHAT THE HELL IS BIG HIT DOING??? WHAT'S GOING ON WITH WINGS LIKE????

Happy birthday to Jungkook and Namjoonie!! i hope they both had gret birthdays

Comment!! please!! About anything!!