Recess

Warming Up

This is another backstory chapter - but its is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for the plot that you read at least the end



“ALRIGHT EVERYBODY” Hoseok yelled over the beat playing through the speakers, clapping to get the rooms attention until somebody turned it off “That was a good round, let’s take a break”

He rolled his eyes hearing a collective sigh from everyone as the dispersed around the room, he himself moving to the corner with a slight frown on his face,

“Is something wrong Hobi hyung?” Jungkook asked as he and Jimin sat next to him on the ground

“Are you ok hyung?” Jimin added “You seem kinda off today”

“I’m fine just” Hoseok shrugged “Yoongi’s sick today, so I’m a little worried”

“Yoongi hyung’s sick?!” Jimin gasped “Is he ok? What’s wrong?”

“Jimin, it’s ok, chill” Hoseok chuckled “He just threw up a few times and has stomach ache is all”

“That doesn’t sound ok” Jungkook mumbled

“He said he’s fine” Hoseok assured “He said it’s just a bug and it wasn’t that bad so there’s nothing to worry about” 

“Says the one who said he was worrying” Jungkook frowned as Jimin started chewing on his thumb nail nervously

“He just looked like he was in pain earlier is all” Hoseok shrugged “I’m sure it’s nothing though, everyone looks like they’re in pain when they’re sick, and he’s such a cry baby when he gets sick so I’m sure it’s nothing”

“Does Yoongi hyung get sick a lot?” Jimin inquired quietly

“He’s gotten sick at least five times in the year and a half I’ve known him” Hoseok answered “He’s got a weak immune system”

“Really?” Jungkook gasped slightly “In the eleven years I’ve known Jiminie hyung he’s only gotten sick like twice, not including a small cough or something”

“Eleven years?” Hoseok gawked “Jesus Christ seriously?”

“Well” Jungkook paused “Yeah about eleven, almost twelve”

“How’d you even meet?” Hoseok asked “And what about Tae?”

“V hyung didn’t show up until two years after we met each other” Jungkook sighed “And I was so young I hardly remember meeting Jiminie hyung, so I’d let him tell the story”

“Huh? What?” Jimin blinked as Jungkook poked his shoulder “What story?”

“How you guys met” Hoseok laughed “Really Jimin, Yoongi’s fine”

“I hardly remember myself to be honest” Jimin shrugged “It was like recess or something at school”

Jimin frowned staring angrily at the playground. He didn’t want to be there. He just wanted to be home, with his mom and dad. He would even be willing to help take care of Jihyun for all he cared.

“Who exactly is this Jihyun you guys keep mentioning by the way?” Hoseok asked “I heard Tae mention them before too”

“He’s Jiminie hyung’s baby brother” Jungkook grinned “He’s not even in high school yet, he’s a tiny baby”

“You realize that your age difference with him is the same as your difference with the hyungs, right?”

“Well Jungkookie is a tiny baby to us so…” Hoseok joked making Jungkook grin widely in response

“Anyways” Jimin drawled “I was willing to take care of the in toddler of a brother for all I cared”

Jimin just really did not want to be at school that day, or any other day for that matter. School was really just the equivalent of hell for the six-year-old. He didn’t understand the lessons, he didn’t like the people in his class, his teachers were a bunch of jerks and he didn’t have any proper friends. So he just sat by himself on the swings pouting while the other kids played. He didn’t want friends anyways, no one was ever fun to talk to and nobody ever seemed to be nice enough.

“You were an emo kid” Hoseok deadpanned

“I actually didn’t even know this about him” Jungkook added “Hyung you were really emo before you met me”

Jimin just rolled his eyes before continuing

The boy looked across the playground noticing everyone was in little groups doing their own thing, and he realized, he could just go up and introduce himself and then bam- instant friends. But he thought that was too easy, too fake, he knew no one was gonna stay his friend for longer than a year so what was the point. Jimin thought that maybe he should stop listening to his older cousin because now he felt sad and had no friends. And with a sigh he moved from the swing set moving away, not wanting people to notice him and ask him to join them.

There was a tunnel near the slides that no ever used because, when there’s slides, who wants to play in a tunnel. Moving stealthily so as not to gain attention to himself as he climbed in, not sure why his ankle was hurting but-hey who cared.

“There’s already a lot of sarcastic commentary” Jungkook frowned “And I haven’t even shown up yet”

“If you’d let me talk you were about to” Jimin rolled his eyes

“You’re being snappy again hyung” Jungkook pointed out

“Sorry” Jimin shrugged

“Just get on with it, I still have a dance group to lead” Hoseok joked

Jimin heard a whimper as he crawled in, looking up to see a small boy holding his ankle a deep pout on his face. He didn’t know why but he felt compelled to call out to the small kid instead of just turning around like he normally would.

“Hey you” Jimin frowned poking the boy with the pad of his finger.

The boy looked up, black hair falling into large eyes bugging as he blinked at Jimin. Jimin noticed his ankle didn’t hurt anymore, and the kid pulled his hand away slowly. There were no words spoken as the two stared at each other. Only silence until Jimin’s class was called back into his class and somehow Jimin didn’t want to go.

“Romantic” Hoseok joked making Jimin snort

“Right, because Jimin hyung and I would make such a great couple” Jungkook rolled his eyes, tone laced thickly with sarcasm

“We could” Jimin attempted to wink without cringing

“No” Jungkook deadpanned “You’re already too whipped for Yoongi hyung”

“Maybe in another life you can be together” Hoseok chuckled “Keep telling the story because obviously you guys just stared at each other for like five minutes and weren’t even talking so you guys weren’t friends”

“I went to interrogate my dad I guess?” Jimin shrugged

“Appa” Jimin whined tugging on his father’s pant leg “Question”

“What’s up kiddo” his father smiled crouching down to Jimin’s level

“What’s it mean if this mark on my ankle hurts?”

“Your ankle you say?” The man smiled as Jimin nodded “Well that means you’ve met your best friend Jiminie”

Jimin wrinkled his nose “I didn’t even talk to the kid though” He whined stomping his feet a little

“Well what did you do?”

“We just looked at each other”

“Better than me when I met uncle Hyunseung” His father chuckled “We ended up punching each other in the face- I probably shouldn’t have just told you that.”

Jimin just blinked as his father just told him to talk to the boy next time he saw him.

“Your dad punched his soulmate in the face?!” Hoseok gawked “What the hell?”

“Haven’t you ever wanted to punch your platonic soulmate in the face?” Jungkook asked flatly

Jimin raised an eyebrow “Wow I really hope you’re talking about Taehyung” And Jungkook nodded

“You really need to get over that” Hoseok laughed making Jungkook shrug

“As much I love Taehyung hyung I still wanna punch him sometimes-Jiminie hyung too” Jungkook responded as Jimin let out a scandalized gasp

“Can you get to the point?” Hoseok chuckled

“Hey kid” Jimin called climbing through the tunnel again chuckling when he saw the boy jump

The boy blinked at him sniffling slightly, still not saying anything, as Jimin positioned himself next to the boy.

“Why are you in here by yourself?”

The boy shrugged

“No friends?”

Another shrug

“Me too” Jimin smiled “We should be friends”

The boy blinked again before shrugging

“You know thinking back I’m surprised I wasn’t immediately done with your Jungkook” Jimin frowned

Jungkook shrugged as Hoseok burst out laughing. Jimin sighed punching Jungkook’s shoulder before continuing.

“You’re really shy, you know that right?” Jimin asked

The boy shrugged again, with a small nod

“I’m Jimin” Jimin smiled the best he could, having only gotten shrugs in response “You are?”

“J-Jungkook” the boy stuttered quietly

“How old are you Jungkook?” Jimin asked excitedly

The boy- Jungkook- held up five fingers to Jimin who just grinned wider

“I’m six, which means I am your Hyung!” Jimin cheered happily clapping his hands slightly “It’s nice to meet you Jungkookie”

“Y-you too, Chiminie hyung” Jungkook smiled revealing one large front tooth, the other one next to it missing. He was literally the cutest person Jimin had ever seen and he couldn’t help but to coo at the sight.

“Did you just call me the cutest person you’ve ever seen?” Jungkook blinked

“You are still the most adorable kid I’ve ever seen.” Jimin laughed pinching the younger’s cheek “Even if you are taller than me now, and in muscular, but you’re still cute.”

Hoseok laughed at the two before asking about Taehyung.

“You wanna know how we met Taehyung hyung?” Jungkook chuckled “He fell out of a tree and landed on me while Jimin was getting drinks at a park.”

“And then I walked over to see what happened and all three of our tattoos burned” Jimin shrugged “And Jungkook and I were like, the last time this happened we met each other so that means that this weird kid must be pretty alright”

“Wow that’s…” Hoseok paused “That’s something alright”

“It sure is” Jungkook agreed with a laugh

The sound of the door slamming open startled the three out of their bubble, seeing a head of purple hair as they turned.

“Taehyung?” Hoseok called “What’re you doing?”

And the look of panic on his friends face when he turned to face them made Jimin’s blood run cold.

Taehyung gulped trying to catch his breath as he shakily walked towards them, fear still evident on his features.

“Yoongi hyung’s in the hospital”




 To be honest i'm putting out chapters faster than i can write them haha so uh i'm gonna leave guys with ING AWFUL cliffhanger until i've written up to chapter 40 and i'm so sorry i'm almost there i promise Comments are welcome as always!!