A Running Monkey

Warming Up

It’d been a week or so sense Yoongi had talked to Taehyung, and he hadn’t given it much thought until the Saturday after he had met the younger. He, Hoseok and Namjoon were all sitting in different parts of Namjoon’s room waiting for their eldest to get there when Jin burst in, wide eyes hair a mess, cheeks pink, and hand over the tattoo on his collar bone.

“Jin?” Namjoon asked standing from his desk chair as the elder slowly slid to the ground “Jin what’s wrong?”

“I met him.” Jin answered breathlessly

“Met who?” Hoseok asked tilting his head to the side

Him.” Jin insisted “I met my soulmate. My other one.”

“You mean” Namjoon paused “You met your romantic soulmate?”

Jin nodded his head quickly, so quickly Yoongi almost thought he would get whiplash.

“What happened?” Hoseok asked moving closer

“I was on my way here, walking through that park like I always do.” Jin started “And all of a sudden it was burning again but there was no one around so I kept walking.”

“Wait” Namjoon frowned “No one was around?”

“Just let him tell his story” Yoongi rolled his eyes

“Anyways” Jin sighed “I was walking, and the burning was getting worse when I heard the leaves in a tree rustling and this boy fell out of one”

“A what did what?” Namjoon gasped

“He just fell out of a tree” Jin nodded “And when I walked over to see if he was ok all the burning disappeared and oh god- Namjoon- he was beautiful.”

“What’d he look like?” Namjoon asked

“Dark red hair and tan skin” Jin smiled “Sharp eyes that looked lively, a mole on his nose – he was- gosh- I can’t even begin”

“Deep voice?” Yoongi asked slowly “Rectangular smile?”

“Yoongi what’re you”

“Yeah, actually.” Jin interrupted Hoseok “How’d you know?”

“Kim Taehyung.” Was all Yoongi said as he turned back to his notebook

“Taehyung” Jin smiled wider “So that’s his name.”

“You didn’t even get his name?” Namjoon raised an eyebrow

“I didn’t” Jin shook his head “He told me he’d tell me next time he saw me.”

“Wow.” Namjoon and Hoseok chorused

--

 “Yoongi hyung!” Yoongi heard a deep voice call over the beat playing in in his earbuds, while he was resting in the school’s court yard again.

Yoongi turned seeing that familiar head of red hair, of course accompanied by the doe eyed bunny boy. He slowly paused the music as the younger boys approached him.

“Yoongi hyung I didn’t know you came here too.” Taehyung smiled “That’s a cool coincidence”

“Was class released already?” Yoongi asked slowly sitting up

“Yeah” Jungkook nodded “About five minutes ago actually.”

“Huh” Yoongi shrugged “Eh, they’ll find me.”

“Who will?” Taehyung asked cocking his head to the side

“My friends” Yoongi answered simply “You know, Hoseok, and your soulmate.”

“My what?” Taehyung blinked mouth gaping slightly

“Blond hair, broad shoulders.” Yoongi yawned “Pretty boy.”

“How- how do you?” Taehyung stuttered

“Your appearance is kinda hard to mistake when being described.” Yoongi answered “I also saw you running the first time that tattoo of yours started burning”

“I-I see” Taehyung sighed

“Don’t worry I’m not judging you for running.” Yoongi smiled “I ignored Hoseok for half a day when I first met him.”

Taehyung relaxed a little at that as Jungkook crossed his arms

“I am judging you, both of you” Jungkook sighed “Soulmates are amazing things and you shouldn’t run away from them.”

“You wouldn’t understand.” Taehyung and Yoongi chorused

“Well Taehyung hyung you weren’t like that when you met Jiminie hyung and I.” Jungkook whined “I don’t know what happened with Yoongi hyung, but you shouldn’t avoid your soulmate.”

“Jiminie?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow at the youngers

“I told you before hyung” Taehyung answered “I have two platonic soulmates. Jungkookie here and then our mutual soulmate Jimin, who is currently in Busan.”

“Huh, I never thought I’d meet anybody who had that.” Yoongi shrugged “Cool.”

“Yoongi!” Hoseok’s loud voice suddenly echoed making the three of them jump “I finally found you!”

“Hey Hobi.” Yoongi grinned as the younger sat next to him “I’m guessing Namjoon and Jin are gonna be joining us soon.”

“That’s right.” Hoseok nodded, noticing the other two presences there “Oh Jungkook you go here too?”

The youngest nodded his head with a smile as Yoongi laid back down placing his head on Hoseok’s thigh.

“Oh Hoseok hyung!” Jungkook smiled “This is my platonic soulmate Taehyung; I don’t think I introduced you last time.”

“Nice to meet you…” Hoseok paused, his smile fading as he surveyed the boy’s red hair “Taehyung?”

“If you’re still gonna avoid Jin then I’d get going pretty soon.” Yoongi sighed “Like now, I can see his stupid pink button up from here.”

Taehyung nodded his head and took a step only for his wrist to be caught by Jungkook.

“Hyung.” Jungkook’s voice was stern

“Kookie, I’m not ready” Taehyung frowned “Just give me some time.”

And with that Taehyung ran away again, leaving a confused Hoseok, upset Jungkook, and an understanding Yoongi behind.

“Hey guys.” Namjoon greeted sitting down next to Hoseok with a laugh “What’s with the staring off into the distance.”

“It’s nothing.” Yoongi answered as Jin stood looking at the youngest for a moment.

“Oh uh hi” Jungkook smiled awkwardly holding his hand out “I’m Jungkook, uh-how do I put this- I uh”

“He’s your romantic soulmate’s platonic soulmate.” Yoongi said helping the younger out.

Jin blinked for a moment before taking the younger’s hand in his own with a smile

“It’s nice to meet you Jungkook.” Jin grinned “I’m Kim Seokjin, you can call me Jin hyung if you’d like. That’s Namjoon my platonic soulmate”

“It’s nice to meet you Jin hyung, Namjoon hyung” Jungkook smiled, relaxing a little bit. “I wish I could stay I little longer but I should really go find that idiot before he climbs another tree.”

Yoongi decided Taehyung was like a monkey.

--

Taehyung joined Yoongi back in the court yard after lunch had ended, both skipping their classes.

“Hyung.” Taehyung sighed after ten minutes of silence

“What?”

“Am I a bad person?” He asked “I mean for avoiding my soulmate, uh, what was his name?”

“Jin.” Yoongi answered “And it depends on your reason for avoiding him.”

“If I told you that it’s cause my brother” Taehyung sighed “Cause my brother met his soulmate and lost her. If I told you how it I saw how it destroyed him, and I’m scared of that happening to me, would you believe me?”

“Is it the truth?” Yoongi asked looking at the younger who just nodded his head “Then you’re not a bad person. A little selfish, sure, but not a bad person.”

“What about you?” Taehyung inquired “Why’d you avoid Hoseok hyung when you met him.”

“I don’t like the idea of soulmates. I never have. I want to choose my friends, who I fall in love with, I don’t want the universe, or god, or whatever the chooses it. I want it to be my choice.” Yoongi sighed “I honestly only talked to Hoseok because Jin had urged me to give him a chance. And hey, I actually didn’t mind him. Though, to be honest when I meet my romantic soulmate, I’m running away.”

Taehyung just hummed lowly in his throat as a response.

“You see Taehyung” Yoongi chuckled “I actually am a bad person.”

“Hyung” Taehyung sighed after a moment “What’s Jin hyung like?”

And with that Yoongi told the younger everything he knew about the elder, with Taehyung listening with a small smile plastered to his face. 




An update two days in a row? I think yes.

Comment and tell me anything you'd like to; thoughts, opinions, requests, Anything! i love any and all comments!