Red Hair and Bunny Teeth

Warming Up

And he could handle it, as the year passed he became more and more comfortable with Hoseok. He came to accept the fact Hoseok was, in fact, his soulmate. Namjoon and Jin stayed with them, and Yoongi was almost convinced that the four of them were actually all soulmates with how close they were, almost.

Cases like those, cases where more than two people are attached as a certain type of soulmates, were one of the rarest of rare things. Most got 2, 1 romantic 1 platonic, but there were rare cases where people had up to 4. Yoongi didn’t even know of anyone who knew anyone who did have that. It’s not like he really cared though, he never cared about soulmates anyway.

One day, towards the middle of spring as the trees were all blooming and everything was just a comfortable temperature the four decided to eat their lunch out in the court yard. Yoongi laid comfortably on the ground, head rested in Hoseok’s lap as they all had an intense conversation about if fish get thirsty. Hoseok of course picked the topic, and for some reason Hoseok and Namjoon were adamant that they did, where Yoongi and Jin argued that they don’t and honestly Yoongi didn’t even know why they were having this argument but he refused to lose.

“Guys no, you aren’t getting what I’m saying. Fish can’t get thirsty; they literally live in” Jin stopped talking abruptly his eyes widening and hand moving up to his collar bone slowly.

“Jin?” Namjoon poked his cheek “Kim Seokjin, hey!”

Jin didn’t respond, just turning his head left and right, looking behind him, everywhere.

“Jin?” Hoseok tried “Are you ok?”

“They’re here.” Was all Jin said, all he had to say for the rest of them to turn their heads to look.

The collar bone meant romantic soulmate. Jin’s romantic soulmate was near. Yoongi saw two boys, he assumed them to be in the grade under them stop walking in their path, the one with bright red hair moving to touch his collar bone for a split second before he broke into a sprint running away from the area they were in. He watched the other pause, raising an eyebrow for a moment before racing after the red head.

“It…” Jin frowned “It stopped burning.”

Yoongi didn’t say anything.

--

The next time Yoongi saw that head of red hair, he was sitting outside the room Hoseok used for dance practice. Yoongi always waited for Hoseok to finish his practice, he had nothing better to do anyways, but normally he was alone out in the hallway. He liked it, it was easy to write lyrics and there were hardly any distractions. But today was different, today there was a tan boy with red hair sitting across the hall a few feet away. Normally he would have ignored any presence around him, but the kid kept sighing and it was pissing him off.

“Hey” Yoongi frowned when the other started talking to him “Hey dude.”

“What?” Yoongi answered without looking up from his notebook

“Why are you waiting here?” The kid asked, his voice was surprisingly deep Yoongi noticed

“I’m waiting for my soulmate to finish practice” He answered

“Platonic?” The red head asked

“That’s right.” Yoongi nodded looking at him

“Waahh” He smiled, his mouth forming into a sort of rectangular shape. “Me too, well one of them, I’ve got two”

Yoongi just nodded his head with a quiet “Cool” before looking back down at his lyrics, ignoring the comment about two platonic soulmates.

“Kim Taehyung.” He heard the younger say after a moment causing him to jump slightly

“Excuse me?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow

“My name. I’m Kim Taehyung, 2nd year.” The red head, Taehyung, answered with a smile scooting closer to the elder “This is where you tell me your name.”

“Min Yoongi.” Yoongi answered with a sigh after a moment “3rd year.”

“It’s nice to meet you Yoongi hyung.”

“Yeah you too.” Yoongi nodded as the door opened and everyone walked out of the practice room.

Taehyung sat there with a giant rectangular grin on his face as he waited for whoever, and Yoongi put his things back into his bag. And after everyone else had left, both Taehyung and Yoongi were left standing there without their friends whom haven’t left yet. And with a sigh Yoongi walked over and threw open the door, Taehyung following behind.

“Hobi what the hell is taking so” Yoongi trailed off as he saw Hoseok and the boy he had seen running after Taehyung the other day moving in such fluid motion that Yoongi forgot his sentence.

 Yoongi always knew that Hoseok was a good dancer, but every time he saw the younger dancing it always took his breath away, and the kid next to him was just as amazing. Yoongi blinked a few times, recognizing the beat they were dancing to. It was his beat, Yoongi made this track. He watched the two come to a stop, grinning at each other and high fiving, before Hoseok turned and grabbed his phone off the speaker system.

“Ah Yoongi” Hoseok smiled “Sorry did we take too long?”

“Yeah actually” Yoongi frowned “You kept me waiting.”

“Sorry” Hoseok apologized again, smile ever present “This new kid, Jungkook, is amazing.”

“Whatever.” Yoongi rolled his eyes as Hoseok went to grab his bag

“Jeon Jungkookie” Yoongi watched as Taehyung grinned jumped on the other dancer’s back

“Ah Hyung” The boy who Yoongi could assume was Jungkook gasped slightly at the impact “I told you not to wait up for me.”

“That’s no fun though.” Taehyung pouted getting off the younger’s back “I wanted to go to dinner with you.”

“Are you paying?” Jungkook smiled, revealing large front teeth, he looked like a bunny to Yoongi

“What kinda Hyung would I be if I didn’t buy dinner for my junior?” Taehyung grinned “Oh, by the way that song you were dancing to was cool, what was it?”

“I know right!” Jungkook grinned “I don’t know actually hold on. Hoseok Hyung!”

“Yeah?” Hoseok answered as he walked back to where Yoongi was standing “What’s up Jungkook?”

“What was that song we were dancing to?” Jungkook asked “I’ve never heard it before.”

“Oh well you wouldn’t have.” Hoseok smiled “That was an original composition.”

“What, really?” the two younger boys asked in unison

“Yep!” Hoseok grinned, making a popping sound at the end. “By my fabulously talented soulmate right here.”

“That’s so cool Yoongi hyung!” Taehyung squealed, which really sounded odd with his deep voice.

“Uh yeah” Yoongi nodded, not used to praise from other people besides Hoseok Namjoon and Jin. “Thanks”

And with that Yoongi and Hoseok bid good bye to the youngers and headed to Jin’s house like they did every Friday. 




Don't forget to comment!! i love each and every comment, they make me so happy! this was a short update, sorry!