The Misadventures Of Jung Hoseok

Warming Up

There isn’t anything ok about what was happening. There’s nothing okay about dating a student at the school you teach at. Yoongi /knows/ it’s wrong, yet any thought of that flies out the door once he sees Jimin’s pretty eye smile and’

“What’re you doing?”

Hoseok sighed, eyes flickering up from where he was writing the fanfiction about his friends on the memo pad in his phone. He faked a smile, greeting the freshman girl who’d walked over and leaned over his table in the back of the class room. “I’m just writing something for my friends” and well, he was. “What can I help you with?” he asks because it’s his job, not that he actually thinks he can help, or that he wants to.

“Nothin’ I just finished the assignment and thought I’d come talk to you” she said, leaning forward and pouting her lips. “What’re you writing about?”

Hoseok’s sure she thinks she’s flirting but to him its awkward, even more so because he doesn’t know how to say he’s writing gay fanfiction, which in and of itself is ing ridiculous to outside eyes. With addition of it being about his friends just adds an extra layer of wild that he can’t say without cracking the up.

“Just something to make them laugh” he shrugged, suppressing a giggle to himself because Yoongi will probably block him if he read it “You should go sit back down if you don’t need anything” he told her, and that was that. Hoseok was having none of it. he was the kind of person that wasn’t interested in anything romantic until he’s got his soulmate. he’s happy to be living vicariously through Taehyung and Jin. He would say Jimin and Yoongi but… those two are too complicated for him to want to live through them. Not that he didn’t envy their relationship, because it was really good at this point, but it’s a lot to handle. Jin and Taehyung had a relationship that he could just flow with so he was completely happy just living through them.

He’d gotten used to the itching, tingling feeling on his collar bone. Not forgotten, just gotten used to it. it was annoying for the first couple of days, despite the underlaying excitement he’d felt because, hey! Soulmate! But an incessant itch is pretty easy thing to ignore after a couple days.

Now, Hoseok? He was the opposite of Yoongi in this aspect. He absolutely adored the concept of soulmates. Loved the fact that there were people out there meant specifically for him to love and coddle, not that Yoongi allows him to coddle him too much. But at the same time, his thought process was that when he meets his soulmate then that’s great, but he doesn’t need his soulmate. He was happy either way.

He also, surprisingly didn’t mind classroom work. It was easy that he’d learned years prior the only problem was that he had to deal with annoying freshmen, even if it was near the end of the year they were still freshmen. And freshmen are truly horrid. But it was surprisingly ok to have lost his free period. The teacher barely ever asked for his help, most days usually letting him just be on his phone.

That day was one of those days, until she called out to him asking him to take some papers down the hall to the room Hoseok is 87% sure is where Yoongi and Jungkook were placed, and then she said that he should stay there, and help the teacher in there. To which he gladly agreed as skipped his way out of the room. And he was right, he soon discovered as he entered the classroom with Yoongi sat up front marking papers and bobbing his head to a beat playing in his headphones, not even looking up as Hoseok sauntered in. everyone else in the classroom, however, paused what they were doing to look up at him. To which he, of course, smiled brightly at the class (winking at Jungkook because well, why not?) as he went to Mrs. Choi to hand her the papers and explain that he was asked to stay in there to help her. And thus, he was sent to mark papers with his soulmate everyone still watching him despite being told to get back to work. Now, Yoongi, that , didn’t even look up as he plopped down next to him. and Hoseok, being who he is, was undeterred, leaning over and stealing one of Yoongi’s earbuds and popping it into his own ear before addressing him.

“And?” Hoseok grinned “How is the most beautiful man in the world doing?”

“I don’t know Hoseok” Yoongi sighed, circling one of the incorrect answers on the sheet without looking up “How are you doing?”

There was a pause, the only sound being Jungkook’s suppressed giggle in the back

“I’m fine” Hoseok answered, voice cracking slightly from surprise, shoving Yoongi lightly

Yoongi chuckled, looking at him from the side of his eye before handing him a pen “Get on with it then, Hobi”

They worked in silence for around 20 minutes or so, until the teacher informed the class of a project, allowing them to walk around and talk to each other if need be. And told them to be ready for any questions from the students, and that they were in charge while she “copied some papers”

“Bet she’s just using that as an excuse to go smoke” Yoongi stated with a huff, capping his red pen

And Hoseok laughed, loud as always, “Should I sniff her when she comes back in”

“That’s creepy” Yoongi snorted, watching the youngest of their friend’s weave through people trying to avoid being talked to before looking back at him “Don’t sniff anyone”

“Well that’s hardly any fun” he rolled his eyes “Where’s your sense of adventure!?”

“Not wrapped up in sniffing teachers that’s where!”

“Yo hyungs what the ” Jungkook butted in, eyebrows furrowed excessively “What are you two talking about?”

Hoseok and Yoongi looked at each other for a moment, then turned to Jungkook

“Sniffing teachers” Hoseok informed

“Obviously”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, sitting on the table next to them mimicking the “Obviously”

The next few moments were spent like that, Jungkook flying through the questions while also chatting with the elder two. And then-

“Yoongi-ssi!” a girl called out, hand in the air

And Yoongi slumped in his seat “What” he deadpanned. Jungkook mumbled something about how she’s the one that keeps asking Yoongi personal questions like how he got a bruise on his face.

“Are you and Hoseok-ssi dating?” she asked, her friends giggling behind her “He called you the most beautiful man in the world”

And Jungkook tried so hard to suppress his enormous laughter that he started chocking, gasps and coughs and giggles as he slapped his own though. It was slightly cute to Hoseok, because what a baby. But it was certainly odd sight for his class mates, whom have probably never seen Jungkook smile widely, let alone laugh. But he was laughing, and so were Hoseok and Yoongi, none of the three able to answer for a full minute.

“No” Yoongi shook his head, being the first to answer “No Hobi and I are not dating. He’s not my type”

“Lies!” Hoseok gasped “I am totally your type”

“How so?” Yoongi shot back

Jungkook rolled his eyes “How is he not?” he scoffed

“Name one way”

“He’s a dancer”

“I’m not the tallest in the barrel”

“He’s got a smile as bright as the sun”

“Aww thanks Kookie” Hoseok cooed “uh, I love you? Does that count as me being your type Yoongi?”

“Ok first of all” Yoongi whined “I asked for ONE way not a hundred”

“Second of all?” Hoseok asked “You can’t say first of all without having a second off all”

Yoongi sighed “Second of all you”

Hoseok loves his soulmate. Yoongi, although brash and harsh makes him laugh. He doesn’t even care that there’s a whole class staring when he bursts out laughing. Most people don’t understand their dynamic, how Yoongi’s quieter and calmer while Hoseok is just so up and loud, but that’s ok because it’s not anyone else’s business how their dynamic works. Hoseok thinks they balance each other out perfectly. Call him weird, but he actually kind of loves the odd looks he gets when Yoongi curses him out and he just laughs it off. It’s entertaining.

“Well if you don’t want to date me” Hoseok relented, jokingly turning to Jungkook and taking his hand in his own “How ‘bout you Jungkook?”

“You askin’ me out, hyung?” Jungkook scoffed, holding a laugh back

Hoseok just grinned, amusement dancing his eyes “Depends on if you want me to”

“Ok this conversation is getting weird I’m cutting it off” Yoongi snickered, detaching his friend’s hands from each other “You guys can’t be gay”

“Why not?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow

“We can’t all be gay, can we?” Yoongi answered decisively “Statistically 1 in every 7 men are gay”

“Ok, but Hyung” Jungkook shot back “4 out of the 7 of us are already gay, what’s 2 more?”

“We just have to make sure Namjoon’s straight” Hoseok said, as if he had control over it “Easy”

“Easy” Jungkook mocked, laughing and shaking his head

At this point, most of the class probably stopped paying much attention to them but the ones that were, had begun giving them odd looks as Hoseok dropped to one knee, confessing his undying love for Jungkook. Yoongi had to look away as Jungkook dropped to his own knees saying that they mustn’t, as they’re not soulmates. Somehow, they’d taken the joke into a dramatic play about forbidden love (It rivaled Romeo and Juliet, Yoongi told them later) which ended with them both killing themselves with a pencil. So, there they laid on the classroom floor, Jungkook giggling as Hoseok pretended to take his last breath.

--


“I can’t go anywhere with those two” Yoongi complained, shoving his thumb in the direction of Jungkook and Hoseok, as he entertained his other hand with Jimin’s. “I hate them”

Hoseok just laughed yelling “No You don’t” far louder than needed

“What’d they do?” Jimin chuckled, raising an amused eyebrow

And Yoongi outright groaned as Hoseok came over and wrapped his arm around Yoongi’s shoulders, Jungkook mirroring his actions on Jimin. “Hoseok asked Kook out and then they-”

“Excuse me?” Jimin interrupted, head snapping to look at the three of them in an odd circular motion “Repeat that”

“It was a joke” Hoseok chuckled, easing Jimin’s bewilderment “Don’t worry, we were putting on a show for the class. Nothing more”

“They made up a whole story about forbidden love and in’ I don’t even know what. Jungkook’s father didn’t approve. Kid doesn’t even have a father!”

And Jungkook was laughing prompting Jimin to as well, and Yoongi was stuck there with a bunch of kids laughing while he was doing his best to act like he was annoyed, and Hoseok was just really happy that these were his friends.

It was dumb, Hoseok thinks, how he and Jungkook went off on the actual improvised story line they created, somehow so in sync. He knows, there’s a better word yet dumb is the first to come to mind. But they switched off easily all the way down to the hallway where the practice rooms were located, and they worked well.

“And that’s why I killed myself” Jungkook finished, hands on his hips smiling proudly

Jimin hummed, nodding his head “A beautiful story considering you guys were just bullting”

And with that Jimin slipped into one of the rooms down the hall explaining that the directors were going to help him out, and Jungkook going down to the room he and Hoseok had booked their own practice room to work on their choreography, Jungkook mentioning that he was glad to be placed with one of his hyungs because he’s a shy baby, Hoseok’s interpretation – not an actual quote.

Yoongi caught Hoseok’s arm before he could follow the youngest.

“Can we talk for a sec?” he asked, tugging his sleeve over his hand.

And Hoseok raised an eyebrow, not sure why Yoongi was acting so anxiously. It was just him after all. “What’s up?” he asked, tilting his head

“I just” Yoongi shrugged “Wanted to let you know… let you know that” Yoongi stuttered slightly, it was cute, Hoseok wanted to squish his face. “I wanted to tell you that I’m ok now. I’ll be ok.”

Now, Hoseok wasn’t exactly expecting that to be what Yoongi wanted to talk about. So, there was a pause of him just staring at the smaller man. And then he grinned, ear to ear, pulling the elder into a hug. He heard Yoongi whine into his shoulder as he swayed them back and forth for a minute. Hoseok patted Yoongi on the shoulder a couple times once he released him, telling him that he’s glad and that he’s proud of him. it took another minute of cooing over Yoongi before he finally let the elder go plop down in front on the room Jimin was practicing in.

It takes him another minute of fond staring before he too, turns on heel and heads to the room where Jungkook is (hopefully) waiting for him. He waved off the younger’s questions and complaints about him taking so long, instead opting to drop his things in the corner of the room and head over to the speakers to set his phone up to play the mp3 he had of their song.

It was only when Hoseok had the music did he realize that the itch on his collar bone hadn’t disappeared like before but instead was getting more intense. A hard thrumming making him freeze in his tracks to press the palm of his hand to his tattoo. He turned to make a joke to Jungkook about how maybe his soulmate was on the floor above them and if he hurried he could meet them. But then he saw the reflection of Jungkook frozen in the action of standing back up after setting his water bottle down, before slowly bringing his hand up to his own collar bone.

They turned in unison with Jungkook shouting out a panicked “Hyung!” before stopping in his place as their eyes met and they both flinched from their soulmate marks burning them. Jungkook’s eyes were wide with shock as he gaped at the elder man. And Hoseok was sure he was in a similar state of surprise. The music playing in the background was forgotten until Jungkook started to speak, only to find out he couldn’t be heard over the low base. Hoseok moved quickly to unplug his phone.

“What was that?” he asked, once the room seemed scarily quite

Jungkook took a deep breath “I said” he took another breath, steadying himself “. What. The. ?”

“Hell if I ing know!” Hoseok exclaimed “I was kidding when I asked you out!”

“I was too!” Jungkook yelled back “What the is the universe doing?!”

“I don’t know Kook” Hoseok replied, hands coming up in an over exaggerated shrug “We’ve known each other for over a goddamn year!”

“What the !”

“Don’t ing swear so much you piece of !”

“I’ll swear as much as I’ll goddamn please. you! This is a weird situation”

They stared at each other in silence for a full ten minutes, a whole practice room and two whole worlds of thought separating them.

“So…” Jungkook was the first to speak up “What do we do now?”

“I don’t know” Hoseok confessed “I just… I don’t know”

“Should we… should we just act like normal?” Jungkook asked, eyebrows furrowing in thought “Until, we um, figure this out?”

“Um” Hoseok blinked “Yeah, we shouldn’t, uh, raise any concern for anyone. But-”

“But we should talk about this right?” Jungkook finished

Hoseok nodded slowly “We should”

They sat down against the mirror next to each other, side by side, with out a word. Hoseok prides himself on being good with words. He prides himself on being someone that others can come to for advice. But at that moment he found himself lost for words, just clasping his hands together until his knuckles were white. He just couldn’t find the right words for this situation. So, they sat in silence until there was a sniffle.
Hoseok knows that Jungkook has rhinitis so it isn’t really unusual for the kid to be sniffling and for his eyes to be a little watery, but something was different about that one. He turned to look at the younger, only to find Jungkook wiping at his face.

“Are you crying?” Hoseok stiffened

“No” Jungkook mumbled, voice nasal and obviously lying “Shut up”

“Oh c’mon Kookie” Hoseok attempted to look at the boy’s face, bobbing his head slightly “am I really that bad to have a s a soulmate?”

Jungkook shook his head “No,” he hiccupped “It’s just…”

“Just what?”

“I just thought I would have the romantic way” Jungkook told him “I thought, out of my little trio, I would have the romantic meeting. But look at us! We just started yelling at each other! I guess Tae falling out of the tree is the most romantic there is for us”

“I’m sorry Kook” Hoseok sighed, wrapping his arm around the younger’s shoulders “But it’s ok, isn’t it? at least we know one another so we don’t have to spend unnecessary effort into impressing the other. And It’s just us Jungkook. Nothing has to change if you don’t want it too.” He’s hoping he’s being comforting “Or if you do want it to then that’s fine too. It’s ok Jungkook. You’ll be ok.”

and with that Jungkook collapsed into his side, sobbing quietly into the elder’s neck and Hoseok shed a few tears too. It wasn’t what either of them were expecting from that day, and neither of them really knew where to go from there. But it’s ok, they’ll be ok.

They didn’t practice their routine at all, nor did they really discuss what to do. But they agreed not to tell their friends yet, and to just go with the flow of how they feel, and they were both fine with that. Hoseok walked Jungkook home, and hugged the younger good bye before heading off back to his own home to think about what had just happened, to think for the whole weekend.

================================================
===============================================

YALL THIS DID NOT GO HOW I THOUGHT IT WOULD OH MY GOD WHAT DID I DO LMFAO

anyways sorry for the wait on this update but !! i have good excuses this time and not just that i'm horrible. 

first of all i had to go to Los Angeles for my uncles wedding and that took,,, an entire week (It was jam packed with so much omfg) and then after that i had driver's ed for a full week (i was one of the oldest??? people there??) and that took another week. and y'know i also had to redye my hair bc of who i am as a person and yeah, i've just been really busy not to mention writers block omg? i had such bad writers block until i watched this video where Jungkook had Hobi as his lock screen??? and my JungHope heart??? just did this??? (also Hsoeok's speacial chapter was the second most voted chapter after the which is on the way!!!) and yeah.

anyways

Leave a comment and upvote and subscrive if you havent already and wow i sound like a in youtuber lmao