Brothers

Warming Up

“Jihyun I said no” Yoongi looked up at the sudden familiar voice, seeing Jimin walking with another boy who looked just a bit younger than him down the small path in the park

“But hyung” The shorter whined “I want it back, you already got a new one.”

“You’re already in your last year of junior high” Jimin sighed patting the younger on the shoulder “You don’t need a kumamon backpack, Jihyun. You can just have my new one”

“Well you’re already in your second year of high school” Jihyun, Yoongi assumes, shot back “Why do you even want a kumamon back pack hyung?”

“Ah well- that’s- uh” Jimin stuttered looking around him pausing as he met eyes with Yoongi “Hyung?”

Yoongi nodded his head leaning against the tree as a greeting while Jihyun raised an eyebrow as Jimin dragged him over.

“How long have you been out here hyung?” Jimin smiled as Yoongi closed his notebook

“Oh you know” Yoongi waved his hand dismissively “A few hours”

“Hyung you’re gonna get sick!” Jimin whined “I told you to stop spending too much time outside during the winter”

“Yeah, yeah” Yoongi laughed “Jeez you sound like Jin”

“Well I wouldn’t have to if you would stop trying get yourself sick” Jimin shot back placing his hands on his hip

“I just like the cold air better” Yoongi defended “It makes it easier to write”

“Yeah well” Jimin paused hearing Jihyun clear his throat “Oh- oh right. Hyung this is my younger brother Jihyun”

“Hello, I’m Park Jihyun” The younger greeted with a smile “It’s nice to meet you- uh”

“Min Yoongi” Yoongi nodded his head again “Nice to meet you too.”

“Min Yoongi-ssi” Jihyun greeted making Yoongi chuckle “What? Why is he laughing? Did I say something odd?”

“Ah no” Yoongi shook his head with a laugh “It’s just been a while sense someone has addressed me formally. The last three people I’ve met have just gone straight to calling me hyung”

“Blame Taehyung” Jimin pouted

“I always do” Yoongi responded easily making Jimin laugh

“You know V hyung?” Jihyun gasped “Does mean you know Kookie hyung too?”

“V hyung?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow “What kinda weird nickname?”

“One he gave himself” Jimin sighed “When we were like nine”

“Taehyung was such a weird kid” Yoongi paused “Scratch that he’s still weird”

“I don’t know how Jungkook and I have lived through his antics” Jimin agreed with a laugh “Honestly I’m impressed Jin hyung has been able to keep up”

“Well moms have to be able to keep up with kids” Yoongi joked laughing at Jihyun’s confused scowl “You brother looks concerned, maybe you should explain”

“Oh yeah” Jimin laughed “Tae found his soulmate”

“I thought you and Kookie hyung were his soulmates?” Jihyun frowned

“Well we are but” Jimin explained “Jin hyung is his other soulmate. His romantic soulmate”

“Wha- but- why didn’t you tell me?” Jihyun whined “I thought he was scared to find his romantic soulmate”

“He was” Yoongi nodded “But you know I convinced him to not be”

“Ironic coming from you” Jimin mumbled frowning slightly

“What was that?” Yoongi asked tilting his head to the side

“Nothing” Jimin sang flashing a bright grin “Hey hyung you should join us for lunch.”

“And interrupt your time with your brother?”

“We’re just doing this because our Dad told us to stop messing up our kitchen” Jihyun laughed-it sounded a little like Jimin’s Yoongi noticed “You can come; I wouldn’t mind”

“I’m willing to pay for you hyung” Jimin added

Yoongi hesitated, looking at the hopeful looks on the brothers faces. He stood with a sigh, stretching his stiff muscles and letting his joints pop as he did.

“Might as well” Yoongi answered “You should really stop offering to buy me things Jimin, I’ll bleed you dry”

“But it always seems to get you to agree to come with me” Jimin laughed as they started walking toward the restaurant and Yoongi could only roll his eyes.

--

“So you know V hyung’s soulmate?” Jihyun asked as he took a sip of water

“Oh yeah, Jin’s been my friend since before I was your age” Yoongi nodded “He’s basically my mom”

“He’s your what?” Jihyun blinked

“That’ll make sense when you meet him.” Jimin laughed “Jin hyung really is motherly.”

“Well what about you Yoongi-ssi?” Jihyun smiled “Have you met your soulmate yet?”

Yoongi saw Jimin stiffen before smiling slightly saying he was leaving for the restroom. Yoongi hesitated watching as Jimin walked away before smiling slightly.

“I have” Yoongi nodded “I’ve met both actually.”

“Really?” Jihyun’s face lit up “What’re they like? I haven’t met either of mine yet so I’m curious”

“Why don’t you ask Jimin then?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow

“Well I already know V hyung and Kookie hyung, so they aren’t a mystery” Jihyun shrugged “And all though my hyung says he’s met his romantic soulmate he won’t tell me anything about them. So I thought you could tell me what yours are like”

“Fair enough.” Yoongi sighed, a feeling of guilt settling in the pit of his stomach “My platonic soulmate, Hoseok, well he’s an idiot. He’s always so energetic and loud. Basically the exact opposite of me.”

“Really? That’s an odd dynamic then.” Jihyun blinked “And romantic?”

“My romantic soulmate” Yoongi hesitated letting his eyes wonder to the door Jimin had walked behind “He’s- well- my romantic soulmate is- he’s just really cute. He’s also really energetic but in a different way I guess. Like a puppy if I’m being honest. He, Taehyung and Hoseok are just giant pieces of sunshine and it hurts to look at his smile sometimes, he’s just too bright.”

“You sound like you really love him” Jihyun smiled as Yoongi’s stomach dropped “Yoongi-ssi, do you know Hyung’s romantic soulmate?”

“Yeah, I do” Yoongi nodded his head “Though if I were you I wouldn’t ask me about him. You’d only hear bad things from me”

“What?” Jihyun frowned “Why’s that?”

“Because he’s an idiot that doesn’t deserve your brother.” Yoongi stated as he leaned back in his chair “He’s a coward and a jerk. He doesn’t have any good qualities except for maybe his musical talent, and he isn’t even tall.”

“You shouldn't insult someone else’s soulmate like that Yoongi-ssi” Jihyun pouted “I’m sure Jimin hyung likes him”

“I don’t see why” Yoongi scoffed “His idiot of a soulmate hasn’t done anything to deserve”

“That’s not true hyung” Jimin interrupted taking his seat across Yoongi again “My soulmate is handsome and talented and he helped me that one time when those guys were beating me up. And sure he’s grumpy a lot and doesn’t really have a filter on the things he says he’s still super cool and funny.”

“I just don’t see why you think so highly of him.” Yoongi shot back as his cheeks started heating up

“I don’t see why you don’t” Jimin responded immediately “Everyone can see it except for you hyung.”

“Whatever” Yoongi sighed standing up “I’m getting a refill on my drink.” And with that he left the table

“Aish that guy and his self-deprecation” Jimin sighed watching him walk away

“Self-deprecation?” Jihyun blinked making Jimin jump due to the fact he forgot he was there “Oh my god! Hyung is Yoongi-ssi your”

“Shut up” Jimin frowned clamping his hand over the youngers mouth “He is. But no, we aren’t together.”

“Why not?” came Jihyun’s muffled reply

“Because he isn’t ready.” Jimin replied “He’s scared of soulmates and he isn’t ready to be with me. I just have to wait. And I’ll wait as long as I need to because he’ll warm up to me just like he did for Hobi hyung. So don’t say anything to him about it when he gets back, ok?”

“Hyung” Jihyun addressed with a sigh as he slapped Jimin’s hand away from his mouth “He really likes you. You shoulda heard him before when he was talking about you before you showed up. He called you cute and bright like sunshine. So, if you’re worried about him not liking you it’s not true.”

“Is that so?” Jimin smiled letting his cheeks turn a dark shade of pink “I’m glad then”

“What’s with that goofy grin?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow as he walked back over “You were mad at me when I left.”

“Don’t worry about it” Jimin smiled waving his hand dismissively “It’s nothing important.”

“Anyways, I’m supposed to meet up with Namjoon in like fifteen minutes so I better get going. Thanks for lunch Jimin.” Yoongi smiled tapping Jimin’s shoulder lightly “And Jihyun, don’t worry about not meeting your soulmates, I didn’t meet either of mine until last year. Make other friendships and choose who your friends are. You’ll meet your soulmates eventually. I’ll see you guys later”

“Bye hyung” Jimin called watching the elder leave

“You know what?” Jihyun sighed after a moment “I like him”

“Yeah” Jimin grinned “Me too”




So Yoongi met Jimin's brother, tell me what you thought of this chapter!

OhMyGOsh all of the comments on the last chapter thank you so much i was smiling so hard while reading all of them! (I tried to respond to as many as i could and im really sorry if i missed you) 

Keep commenting please!!

(ALSO I JUST WANNA POINT OUT THAT I TOTALLY CALLED THAT BAEPSAE TAEKOOK BACK HUG JUMP THING IN LIKE THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS OK THATS ALL)