Lab Partners

Warming Up

“What’s next?” Taehyung joked “Is a love rival coming or something?”

“Actually…”

Jin watched as Yoongi sat down next to him with a scowl, mumbling something about a teacher being stupid.

“Yoongi don’t make faces” Jin scolded lightly “Your face will get stuck like that”

“It’s the first day of the ing school year” Yoongi grumbled pulling out a juice box from his bag “And she’s already assigning a stupid project”

“Ah the stress of being a second year” Jin mused “What exactly is going on”

“Science project due at the end of semester” Yoongi frowned “I got assigned to be this tall guy’s partner. He has a stupid hair cut like a cockatiel or some . Nam-something or other. Anyways we have to do this big project together”

“That doesn’t sound so bad” Jin smiled tilting his head to the side “I mean you get the whole semester”

“It probably wouldn’t be if the dude wouldn’t stop breaking ” Yoongi answered “And he keeps stuttering and it’s hard to concentrate”

“Maybe he’s nervous.”

“Why would he be nervous?” Yoongi half scoffed

“well maybe he’s new to this school” Jin offered “Also, Yoongi, You are kinda intimidating.”

“How am I intimidating?” Yoongi scowled “I’m short and skinny.”

“Yeah and you have platinum blonde hair, dark eyeliner” Jin shot back “And you have a resting face”

“Dude has silver hair” Yoongi rolled his eyes “I doubt it’s my hair.”

“He’ll probably be better once you get to know him”

“Are we talking about Namjoon hyung here?” Taehyung asked

“We are” Jin chuckled

“Well, continue then” Taehyung urged “I wanna know how you met him”

The next day Yoongi sat down with a grin shocking Jin.

“You were right”

“Of course I was” Jin nodded his head “About what though?”

“Namjoon” Yoongi grinned “He’s not bad”

“Oh?” Jin smiled back “Your opinion did a complete 180 from yesterday”

“Well he’s stuttering less now and” Yoongi answered “He likes hip hop. He’s still breaking though”

“Namjoon hyung used to break stuff a lot?” Taehyung asked tilting his head

“What do you mean used to?” Jin scoffed “He still breaks stuff”

“I didn’t know that” Taehyung pouted “He never mentioned it”

“Maybe you just need to talk to him more” Jin shrugged

“I talk to him plenty” Taehyung answered “He’s the only person who responds if I text them at three in the morning”

“He does what?” Jin raised an eyebrow

“Yeah like just the other night” Taehyung paused grabbing his phone “See? I sent a text to everyone asking ‘Do you think pigeons have feelings?’ and like everyone except Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung ignored me”

“Yoongi responded?”

“He just told me to shut the up” Taehyung laughed “And Namjoon sent me this philosophical paragraph about how we’re all pigeons in our own way and- basically- Namjoon hyung is my favorite person”

“Your favorite person?” Jin raised an eyebrow

“Better than all my soulmates combined” Taehyung joked

“Noo” Jin whined throwing his leg over the younger’s waste “You’re mine. He’s not allowed to have you”

“I know” Taehyung grinned kissing Jin’s nose “I’m yours, you’re mine. Get back to the story”

“Still breaking though” Yoongi chuckled

“Well anybody who likes hip hop is great in your book, right Yoongi?” Jin rolled his eyes while Yoongi nodded “So are you guys friends now or something?”

“Well not enough to hang out outside of class but” Yoongi shrugged “We’re pretty ok in there”

Jin rolled his eyes taking an ear bud from around Yoongi’s neck and putting it in his ear before taking a bite from his sandwich.

Things went on like that for around a month, Yoongi would come and tell Jin about how he and Namjoon were getting along before they’d fall into their normal lunch routine they’ve had since junior high.

“If you two get along so well why don’t you just invite him to lunch?” Jin asked “I’d like to meet the guy who makes school so bearable one of these days”

“I would but I can never catch him before he leaves the classroom” Yoongi shrugged “I don’t know where he goes”

“Well ask him during class” Jin rolled his eyes “Or follow him or something”

“I’m not gonna stalk him” Yoongi frowned “Jeez Princess that’s kinda creepy”

“You always gotta make it weird”

Yoongi just chuckled.

“So you made Yoongi hyung stalk him?” Taehyung snorted

“No I did not make him stalk Namjoon” Jin scoffed “It was just a suggestion so I could meet my best friend’s new friend”

“And you didn’t know Namjoon hyung was your platonic soulmate?”

“How could I have?” Jin frowned “It’s not like I had seen him”

“Huh”

“Don’t ‘huh’ me”

“Just get on with it” Taehyung laughed