"I love you"

Warming Up

“He’s not coming” Yoongi insisted

“You’re getting released today” Hoseok frowned “He has to come”

“He doesn’t have to do anything” Yoongi rolled his eyes

“But he’s your soulmate! It’s his duty as your soulmate to-”

“Hoseok” Yoongi interrupted “You do you realize that whole soulmate thing – yeah, we haven’t quite been following those rules”

“Right” Hoseok sighed

“Besides, would you come back after what happened the other day?” Yoongi continued “He hasn’t come back since then, why would he today?”

“Fair enough”

“Besides it’s not like I need help being released” Yoongi chuckled “I just have the stuff I came here with, and apparently this kumamon plushy”

“I’m here for ceremonial purposes” Hoseok grinned

“Ceremony my ” Yoongi rolled his eyes “You just like the jello they’ve been serving me”

“I’m offended that you have so little faith in me” Hoseok laughed

Yoongi chuckled “ my Hoseok”

“Hm yeah no, that’s my job” Jimin’s voice cut in “Y’know, once you let me”

“Aha!” Hoseok exclaimed turning to point at the younger boy “I knew you’d come Chim!”

“I had to” Jimin shrugged “Yoongi hyung’s being released”

“I don’t see why you people think that’s such a big deal” Yoongi scrunched his nose

“I’m kidding” Jimin rolled his eyes “I came to talk to you”

“And that’s my cue to leave” Hoseok smiled slipping past Jimin out of the room “I’m getting jello, text me when you’re done each other’s ”

Jimin’s face flushed at that “I was joking about that too!” He called after Hoseok

“Oh? So you don’t want to my ?” Yoongi joked

“Of course I do but – wait – what?” Jimin stuttered “I mean - I would - but like-”

“Jimin” Yoongi laughed “I’m kidding”

“Not funny” Jimin pouted

“I thought it was”

Jimin groaned as sat on the edge of the hospital bed, looking at the elder male. The hospital gown made him look even paler than he already was and his pink hair had faded, Jimin didn’t like it, but he still somehow thought Yoongi was beautiful.

“Park Jimin” Yoongi patted his head “Did you hear me?”

“What?” Jimin blinked “Sorry I guess I spaced out or something”

“I asked if you died your hair or if I’m just goin’ crazy”

“Ah no” Jimin shook his head, running his hand through his freshly dyed brown hair “I dyed it, don’t worry”

“It looks good”

“Thanks” Jimin smiled slightly looking down at his lap before frowning slightly “Hyung-”

“If this is about the other day I’m sorry” Yoongi interrupted, causing Jimin to look up in surprise “You were right, I shouldn’t have acted like it wasn’t a big deal. I realize I could have died, and I know that it would have hurt all the people I care about. I’m sorry”

“Hyung, I’m not going to say it’s fine” Jimin sighed “But thank you for apologizing, I’m sorry I snapped at you”

“I deserved it” Yoongi shrugged “But Jimin, when you said I know, what did you mean?”

“You know” Jimin responded

“I want to hear it”

Jimin sighed, his lips drawing into a thin line as he thought of how he should put things.

“Yoongi I love you.” Jimin heard Yoongi’s breath hitch “I’m so impossibly in love with you that it physically pains me. When I look at you, when I hear your voice, hell even just the mention of your name – I become warm all over. You’re like the moon and the stars to me Yoongi, you shine so brightly and I never want to look away. But at the same time you seem so out of reach for me.”

“Ji-”

“You’re so beautiful too, you know that right? From your smile, to your hands, to your legs, everything is beautiful. But more than just appearance – your whole personality is just - you’re so good to people, you act grumpy and cold but you care about all your friends so much and-” Jimin paused, taking a quick breath “Yoongi you’re the most talented person I’ve ever met, and I know Jeon Jungkook. The first time I ever heard you rap, when Taehyung made me go with him to a show when I was visiting Daegu, I remember thinking ‘oh my god’ like that was the only thing running through my mind, and when I found out that you were him I just couldn’t believe it. Yoongi I can keep going. The more I get to know you the more I fall in love, and I know that you feel the same way- but even still we’re not together. And that hurts y’know? Knowing that you don’t want to be with me just because I’m your soulmate, makes it so much worse. And I think maybe, in a different universe we might be together and I just” Jimin stopped again, taking small shuddering breaths

“Hey” Yoongi called quietly, voice cracking as he leant over to brush the tears off Jimin cheek “I’m sorry don’t cry, please”

“I’ll wait for you hyung. You know I will” Jimin continued bringing his hand up to grasp Yoongi’s hand “But If I lost you – if you died Yoongi – it’d break me. When I heard you were in the hospital, my whole world came crashing down around me. There’s so much I wanna learn about you, and there’s so many things I want to tell you about myself. There are places I wanna take you, and experiences that we both deserve to have. I want to hold your hand, and kiss you. I want to wake up next to you every day, and cook our meals with you. I want to cuddle you when neither of us want to leave the bed. I want to be able to tell you that I love you whenever I feel like it. Yoongi I want you in every possible way and it would absolutely shatter my whole existence if you died.”

“I’m sorry” Yoongi whispered

Jimin didn’t say anything as he stared at the elder, before leaning over and firmly pressing his lips against Yoongi’s mouth for a few seconds before pulling away.

“I have to go” He mumbled standing from his spot of the bed

“Jimin wait-”

Jimin just shook his head as he rushed out of the room leaving Yoongi staring wide eyed at the empty door frame, as a blush that rivaled his hair crept its way onto his cheeks. He doesn’t know how long he had spaced out but the next thing he knew Hoseok came back in whining about how long they’d left him in the cafeteria.

“What’s taking so-” Hoseok paused looking around the room “Where’s Jimin?”

“I-I don’t” Yoongi stuttered, blinking to bring himself out of the blur “I don’t know”

“What happened?”

“I don’t know” Yoongi shook his head bringing his hand up to rub his eyes

“Are you ok buddy?”

“I think this was the worst possible spring break ever”

--

“No”

“Yoongi” Jin sighed “Talk to us”

“No” Yoongi shook his head “I want to spend the rest of my spring break in my bed, by myself, forgetting the rest of the world exists”

“What happened with him?” Jin asked Hoseok as Yoongi crawled his way under his blankets

“Dunno” Hoseok shrugged “He’s been like that since Jimin came in to talk to him”

“He talked to Jimin?” Jin asked tilting his head to the side “About what?”

Yoongi whined loudly, squirming beneath the covers before stuffing his head under his pillow.

“I wish I knew” Hoseok answered raising an eyebrow that the lump on the bed “Maybe Tae knows?”

“I’ll call him” Jin sighed pulling his phone from his pocket and immediately putting it on speaker

Jin hyung!” Taehyung answered after the first ring I was just about to call you!

“Hey Taetae” Jin smiled slightly, and Hoseok mentally rolled his eyes “I have a question”

Me too” Taehyung responded solemnly “Do you know what Yoongi hyung and Chimchim talked about earlier? He won’t stop moping and he’s not telling me why”

There came another muffled whine from the bed and a loud ‘Park Jimin stop throwing pillows at me!’ from the other end of the line.

“No we don’t” Hoseok sighed “That’s actually why we were calling you”

“Yoongi won’t talk to us either” Jin continued

“Sorry hyungs” Taehyung apologized “I’m equally in the dark”

 “It’s fine” Jin sighed “Bye Tae talk to you later”

“Bye” Taehyung mumbled “Love you Jin hyung”

Hoseok made fake gagging noise as Jin hung up.

“Yoongi” Jin sighed, flopping onto the younger’s bed narrowly missing the lump that is Yoongi’s curled up body “what’s wrong”

“Nothing” came a muffled response

“You wouldn’t be acting like this if nothing was wrong” Hoseok frowned throwing himself over Yoongi earning a small ‘oof’ as all the air exited the smaller man’s lungs

“What would you know?” Yoongi snapped in a clipped tone

“Yoongi” Jin chided

“I know” Yoongi sighed nudging Hoseok to get off him “I’m sorry, Hobi move”

So Hoseok moved off him and he sat up. Rubbing his eyes furiously like he hadn’t seen sunlight in days, even though he was only under the blanket for three minutes at most. Dragging his hand down his face in exhaustion, he sighed.

“Look I’m fine”

Yoongi paused as Jin’s phone made a small ping before continuing

“Nothing is wrong-”

Ping ping

 “I just-”

Pingpingping

“We just talked” he shrugged, his hand unintentionally coming up to touch his lip

Pingpingping ping

“Would you look at your goddamn texts Jin?” Yoongi snapped “Jesus ing Christ that’s annoying”

“I am your hyung!” Jin frowned grabbing his phone, slowly unlocking “Just because you’re snippy, doesn’t mean you can… talk to me… like that…” his voice trailed off slightly reading through his texts “Jimin kissed you?”

Yoongi froze. His eyes widened as he looked at Jin, smirk playing on the older boy’s face. There was a brief silence as Jin and Yoongi stared at each other.

“Jimin did what?” Hoseok cut in after the initial shock of the statement wore off him

“Jimin confessed his undying love and then kissed him straight on the mouth” Jin chuckled turning his phone towards them to read

 

From: Taetae
HYUNG

From: Taetae
HYUNG HOLY CRAP

From: Taetae
HYUNG YOU WONT BELIEVE IT

From: Taetae
Ok, ok, so

From: Taetae
Jiminie went to go talk to Yoongi hyung @ the hospital and then they talked and Jiminie started ranting about how worried he was and how in love he is or some and then

From: Taetae
HE KISSED YOONGI HYUNG

From: Taetae
HYUNG THEY KISSED

From: Taetae
On. The. Lips

From: Taetae
JIN HYUNG THIS IS IMPORTANT THEY KISSED HYUNG

From: Taetae
Hyung I’m screaming and Jimin is about to kill me I can see it in his face, in case he goes through with it I love you. And Jimin loves Yoongi hyung ok byyyeeeee

 

There was a long pause after they read through it, only to be broken by Yoongi groaning loudly and burying himself into his blanket fort. This causing both Jin and Hoseok to burst into hearty laughter.

“Awe Yoongi” Hoseok cooed “Is that why you were only able to say ‘I don’t know’ after Jimin left?”

“Shut up”

“Wouldn’t that have been you’re first kiss too?” Jin teased

“Shut the up” Yoongi whined “I don’t wanna talk about it”

“Ok Hobi” Jin chuckled standing up “Let’s give him a little while to calm down”

“Yoongi we’ll be down stairs if you want us” Hoseok smiled at the lump

“ off” Yoongi called as they left the room

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and Tell me what you think!