Realization

Warming Up

Yoongi hated to admit it, but he was truly falling in love with Jimin.

He was falling in love with droopy eyes and toned arms. He was falling in love with squishy cheeks and goofy grins. He was falling in love with his laugh and the way his eyes turned into little crescents sometimes. He, Min Yoongi- the man who hated everything about the fact that his fate was chosen for him- despised the idea of soulmates- was falling in love with his.

That’s what Yoongi realized when he woke up to Jimin’s face pressed against his collar bone (Just beside the tattoo) and legs tangled with Yoongi’s under the covers. He sighed as he ran his fingers through the youngers faded red hair, not sure how to move from the bed without waking him up and- to be honest- he wasn’t ready to move away from the younger just yet. It was admittedly the best sleep he’d had in basically ever, he never got cold, and every time he shifted position Jimin moved to accommodate him (which was something that Hoseok never did when they slept in the same bed) and not to mention that he didn’t have one of those dreams even though the cause of them was so close.

Yoongi smiled as Jimin’s arm tightened around his waist mumbling something about Jungkook steeling his shoe while his brow furrowed before pressing closer into Yoongi.  

“Jimin” Yoongi whispered shaking his soulmate’s shoulder gently “Hey, Jimin. It’s time to wake up”

“Few or mints” Jimin mumbled hooking his leg around Yoongi’s hip

“It’s already almost eleven” Yoongi responded quietly “We should probably get up”

“What happened to the motionless Min Hobi hyung kept telling me about” Jimin whined, still not moving “Now you wanna actually get up, that’s no fun”

“It’s no fun to get up?” Yoongi chuckled in disbelief “I’ve been told I was no fun for not wanting to get up”

“I just don’t wanna right now” Jimin mumbled trying to nuzzle more into Yoongi’s chest “You’re so warm hyung, and really comfy”

“And your half asleep” Yoongi sighed patting Jimin’s thigh “C’mon let’s get breakfast”

“I thought you said you weren’t gonna make me breakfast” Jimin smiled sitting up

“I said not to expect it” Yoongi shrugged moving to stretch “Besides I’m making it for myself, you can just have whatever I don’t eat”

“How kind” Jimin rolled his eyes

--

“Just sit over there” Yoongi motioned to the kitchen table as he opened the fridge

“I’m not helping?” Jimin asked tilting his head to the side

You are still half asleep” Yoongi rolled his eyes “Just sit over there and try to wake up. Now, what do you want for breakfast?”

“Jus’ some fruit” Jimin yawned running his hand through his hair, probably in an attempt to fix it but really he just made it worse “I’ve already broken my diet once this week”

“Diet?” Yoongi frowned looking back at the younger

“Well yeah I’ve been gaining weight lately so I thought I should diet” Jimin smiled “I mean I’m already kinda over weight so I didn’t-”

“Overweight?” Yoongi had to suppress a scoff “Says who?”

“The scale?”

“The scale doesn’t count muscle mass idiot” Yoongi rolled his eyes again “We’re having pancakes”

“Pancakes?”

“Yes pancakes” Yoongi nodded puling a large bowl out “I’m in the mood for pancakes”

Jimin opted to stop talking and watch Yoongi move around the kitchen as he made the pancakes. He couldn’t help the smile that spread across his face think about how this could be them- everyday- in the future. He always liked to think about the future like this. Cooking together, sleeping together, waking up together, -

“What’re you thinkin about?” Yoongi’s voice cut into Jimin’s thought’s

“W-what?” Jimin sputtered “Why?”

“You’re smiling like you just won the lottery”

“Maybe I have” Jimin grinned as Yoongi started pouring batter onto the pan.

“What was that?” Yoongi asked turning back around

“Nothing~” Jimin waved his hand dismissively “Pancakes just sound good”

Yoongi shrugged looking back to the pan slowly flipping the first cake, letting Jimin go back to staring fondly at him in silence. Letting his mind wander through what he thinks the future could be like- he didn’t even think of anything unrealistic. Just what their apartment would look like, coming home to see Yoongi’s face, cuddling on the couch while watching Tv. Random kisses, what Yoongi would look like writhing beneath him as he-

Jimin blinked as a plate stacked with pancake was set down in front of him.

“What’re…?” Jimin coughed shaking back the thought as soon as it came into his mind

“Breakfast” Yoongi answered sitting in the seat next to him

“I thought you were making them for you?”

“What kinda do you think am jeez” Yoongi rolled his eyes for what felt like the thousandth time that morning “You said pancakes sounded good so, there you go. Pancakes.”

“A pretty ” Jimin grinned “And thanks”

“Hey I’m not pretty”

“Maybe not” Jimin joked “But your is”

“You spend a lotta time staring at my ?”

“Course I do”

“You’re not even ashamed” Yoongi laughed and Jimin just shrugged unapologetically   

After a few minutes of just poking at his pancakes he felt a light kick to his shin, looking up in surprise he found Yoongi staring at him

“Eat”

“But my diet” Jimin pouted

“Have a binge day” Yoongi shrugged “Go ahead, eat”

“I’ll get fat”

“Who cares?” Yoongi shrugged

“But I wanna be y”

“For who?” And Jimin just raised an eyebrow at the elder “Right…I almost forgot”

“That’s rude” Jimin joked crossing his arms cutely “But really I have to keep up with my appearance, I still want to look good, even if it’s just for myself”

“One-day won’t kill your abs”

“It might”

“It won’t” Yoongi frowned “Look, Jimin- nobody likes their body. Nobody is 100% happy with themselves. Taehyung thinks he looks weird when he smiles, Jungkook doesn’t think he’s handsome, I don’t like anything about myself, Namjoon is insecure about a really long list of things, Hobi thinks he has a long face, hell even Jin hates his fingers.”

“Hyung?”

“But y’know what Jimin?” Yoongi sighed taking another bite of his pancakes “Taehyung has the most unique smile that everybody loves, I don’t even need to say anything about Jungkook, Namjoon always works to improve his insecurities even though they’re some of my favorite things about him, Hobi’s face is what makes him handsome, and have you seen the way Tae looks at Jin’s fingers? And I’m sure I’d still love you even without your goddamn abs. Now eat”

“Hyung!” Jimin squeaked letting his cheeks flush

“What?” Yoongi jumped at the sudden loud panicked tone

“Don’t ‘what’ me” Jimin almost wanted to scoff “You just said you loved me”

“I what?” Yoongi blinked as Jimin nodded furiously “No I didn’t. Eat your pancakes”

“But-”

“Please” Yoongi half begged looking down to hide his blush “Just eat the in pancakes Jimin”

“Okay hyung” Jimin smiled taking a bite

“What?” Yoongi frowned slightly surprised at how easily the younger gave up “Just like that?”

“I can wait to hear it again” Jimin shrugged “As long as a need to, I can wait.”

“Sorry” Yoongi sighed reaching over to ruffle the younger’s hair “Just give me a little more time”

“As long as you need” Jimin grinned “Anyways hyung, where’d you get this hoodie? It’s so comfy”

“Really? That’s my least comfy one though” Yoongi frowned

“It’s better than any of mine”

“Remind me not to steel your hoodies then” Yoongi chuckled

“Aw I’m sure you’d look adorable in them though”

“I’m in awe of how quickly you keep coming up with those responses” Yoongi deadpanned

Jimin just shrugged with a smile on his face