Sister

Warming Up

 There are multiple things wrong with the situation when Yoongi is woken up by the doorbell at 6:30 on Saturday morning.

The first being it’s 6:30 on Saturday morning, no actual person would be awake at that hour and being woken up after only two hours of sleep only made it worse. He blamed Jimin for staying on the phone with him until some god awful hour of the morning.

The second thing wrong is, who the is using his doorbell? He didn’t even know he had a doorbell anymore because everyone he knew just came through his (Second floor) window. And what the actual ?

When Yoongi finally rolled out of bed and made his way down the stairs to open the door, he defiantly did not expect to see his older sister and his five-year-old niece waiting on his door step with matching eating grins on their faces.

“Hey baby bro”

“What the hell?”

 “Yoongi language!” The older woman scolded, jokingly covering her daughter’s years “There are children present”

“Umma you say that word all the time though” The five-year-old frowned trying to swat her mother’s hands away “Yoongi oppa I missed you”

Yoongi’s stiff tired attitude completely melted at the young girl’s smile, swooping down to pick up his niece, who gladly threw her arms around his neck as he stood up.

“Oppa missed you too Haeun” Yoongi chuckled before turning back to his sister “Why the are you here so early Noona?”

“Oppa you shouldn’t say that word!” Haeun whined placing her hands harshly (as harsh as a small child can be) over Yoongi’s mouth “Those are grown up words”

“Haeun” Yoongi rolled his eyes placing the girl back down on the ground “Oppa is a grownup”

She made a noise of protest as her mom just chuckled

“Yoongi we’re gonna be staying with you for a while” She grinned “Ok? Ok”

“Uh okay…” Yoongi blinked “I haven’t touched your room since you left so, go ahead I guess” he said stepping to the side to let them in “I’m gonna uh go to back to bed because it’s o’clock in the morning, there’s food in the fridge and if there are random teenagers around the house don’t be alarmed that’s become a normal occurrence because I befriended a bunch of idiots. Good night – or morning or something Yunseo noona”

His sister scoffed in what sounded like disbelief but he’d address that when he wasn’t half asleep.  

--

“So” Yunseo drawled as she sprawled herself over the couch “How is my favorite brother doing?”

“Noona, you and I both know Youngchul hyung is your favorite” Yoongi yawned from his spot on the ground.

“Maybe” she hummed “But you’re Haeun’s favorite uncle”

“Am I really?” Yoongi grinned looking at the small girl sitting next him

She nodded excitedly “Yoongi oppa is the cutest” She laughed

“Haeunie is the cutest” Yoongi cooed pulling her into his lap “Defiantly in the top two cutest people I’ve ever seen”

“Top two?” Yunseo snorted “What? You pining after some chick?”

“Am I pining after a chick?” Yoongi almost wanted to laugh “Yeah, no sorry sis I’m not really I’m not interested in any girl” 

“Hm that’s too bad” she hums mostly to herself “I wanted to see you fall in love baby bro” Yoongi rolled his eyes as his niece climbed off his lap “But you know with that whole soulmate thing we have that may never happen, hell you might not even make another friend beside Seokjin” And Yoongi almost laughed

“Yoongi oppa look” Haeun called, tugging at the boy’s sleeve and holding up a little glass like tube filled with some sort of pink liquid “Isn’t it pretty?”

“Yes Haeun” Yoongi patted her head “It’s very pretty”

“Oppa it matches your hair” she giggled holding up a little higher

“Haeun you should paint Yoongi oppa’s nails” Yunseo remarked and the girl’s eyes lit up so much that Yoongi couldn’t even attempt to refuse

--

“What are you doing?” Yunseo asked peering over Yoongi’s shoulder

Yoongi shifted his phone so she couldn’t see it “Texting” blunt but it got the point across, even if he was only watching Hoseok and Taehyung argue about what would be the best sandwich to take to a desert island (with a few others adding in their opinions)

“Who?” She asked “Is it Seokjin? Please tell me you’re still friends with Seokjin”

“Course I’m still friends with Jin” Yoongi scoffed “It’s a group chat actually and Jin is a part of is so, yes it is Jin amongst others”

“You’re expecting me to believe that you actually made more friends?” Yunseo retorted

Rude.

“No wait I get it” She chuckled “They’re Seokjin’s friends and you’re just being included”

Rude

“Ok first of all, rude. Second of all, I do have friends – six of them to be exact” Yoongi sighed “And lastly Jin and I share our friend group fairly equally.”

“I’m sure” she snorted sarcastically

Yoongi was actually offended with how little faith his sister had in him making friends, grumbling as he told them he’d take a roast beef sandwich.

Which apparently really offended Taehyung if his response of ‘Roast beef? ROAST ING BEEF? YOonGi Hyung wHAt’ was anything to go by.

--

Yoongi really doesn’t understand why his sister insists on waking him up so early, it’s Sunday for god’s sake, he doesn’t deserve this.

It happened with a loud bang followed by a shout of “MIN YOONGI” and an equally loud but much higher pitched “Yoongi oppa!” and he had no choice but to roll out of bed with a groan.

“What?” yawned as he reached the last few step on the stair way

“Did you just wake up?” Yunseo laughed jokingly cocking an eyebrow, he daughter following her actions cutely

“Yeah” Yoongi confessed rubbing at his eye for a moment “Why are you waking me so early?”

“It’s almost two in the afternoon!” she exclaimed “How late is considered not early?”

“Don’t judge me” Yoongi defended “I’m a teenager, who stays up late talking to people, and doing… things”

“Yeah I heard you on the phone” Yunseo nodded “Who was it?”

‘My boyfriend’ he almost answered “Not Jin” Yoongi shrugged “What did you want?”

“Oppa needs to help us put the groceries away” Haeun answered pointing to the pile of plastic bags placed on the counter top

Yoongi sighed as he started taking the groceries out of the many plastic bags his sister had brought home as the mother daughter pair sat at the kitchen table.

“So I met this boy today at the market” Yunseo started

“You’re married” Yoongi deadpanned as he placed a carton of orange juice into the refrigerator

“That’s not where I was going with that” She laughed “What I was gonna say was that this really nice boy, kinda around your age I think, helped Haeun and me at the market today”

“That so?” Yoongi responded blankly

“He even helped he load the groceries into the car” She smiled “He was very nice and gentlemanly, whoever his soulmate is I’m sure they’re very lucky”

“And you’re telling me this because?” Yoongi drawled throwing the box of sugary cereal into his pantry

“I wanted to share a nice experience with you” She grinned as Yoongi raised a disbelieving eyebrow at her “Ok, fine I wanted to show you there are good people in the world and you don’t have to be so cynical of people all the time” 

“I know that” Yoongi sighed “You can stop worrying about that stuff Noona, I’m fine”

“Haeun, sweaty” Yunseo called to her daughter “Do you remember that young man’s name? Park Ji- something”

Yoongi’s movements stuttered for a second before remembering Park was a common last name and continuing his task.

“Umma, wasn’t it like Chiminie oppa or something?” Haeun said after a moment and Yoongi had to turn his head toward them

“No, that doesn’t sound quite right” Yunseo shook her head as Yoongi let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding.

“Anyways” Yoongi shrugged “Can I go back to bed now that the groceries are done?”

“Absolutely not” His sister refused “How bad is your sleep schedule? Do you even go to school on time?”

“Give me a break it’s the weekend” Yoongi whined “I get to school on time every day I need to be there, Hoseok makes sure of that”

“Hoseok?”

“My friend” Yoongi clarified “He comes and gets me every morning just to make sure I don’t sleep through my alarms”

“Wow, that’s like…” Yunseo blinked “Boyfriend material”

“Gross” Yoongi scrunched his nose “I don’t think I’d want to date Hobi, I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got at the moment. Besides Our house is on his way anyways”

“If you say so”

Yoongi just rolled his eyes at his sister.

==============================================

==============================================

Guys i had literally the worst day ever AND THEN I LISTENED TO YOONGI'S MIXTAPE AND HONESTLY IT SAVED ME 

like i was crying and then it dropped and i stopped just long enough to listen and then i started crying harder because hot damn you feel

Comment and let me know about the chapter! or Yoongi's mixtape! or literally anything you want