Favorite Hyung

Warming Up

Yoongi really hates the fact that Hoseok likes to wake him up by jumping onto him.

“Hobi!” Yoongi gasped from his surprisingly awake state “Stitches! Stitches!”

“They’re fine you big baby” Hoseok grinned as he climbed off his best friend “C’mon get dressed”

Yoongi rolled his eyes as he grabbed a pair of his jeans from the floor and a fresh t-shirt and pulled them both onto himself not even caring that the younger was in the room. They’d passed through caring about the fact Yoongi was almost at that point.

“How was your weekend?” Hoseok asked as they made their way down the stairs, and Yoongi was glad his sister was asleep

“Tiring as f- heck” Yoongi groaned “Yours?”

“Boring” Hoseok shrugged as Yoongi started locking his front door “The dance studio was being cleaned or some so I couldn’t practice there and Someone wouldn’t let me come over”

“Trust me you wouldn’t have wanted to be there” Yoongi sighed picking slightly at his light pink finger nail

--

“Yoongi hyung!”

Yoongi smiled slightly as he turned to face the voice calling to him only to be tackled into a hug, not that he minded

“Hey sunshine” Yoongi chuckled patting the youngers back “Not so tight, I still have my stitches in you know”

And if Yoongi didn’t have his arms secured around the younger he’s pretty sure Jimin would have jumped back three feet in a second, muttering apology after apology, but instead he did have his arms around the younger who let go and started apologizing.

“I said not so tight not you’re killing me” Yoongi chuckled

“We haven’t even made it to the courtyard yet and you guys are already clinging to each other” Hoseok joked lightly “Don’t tell me you guys are gonna turn into Tae and Jin”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jin gasped feigning offence 

“Well I don’t know” Namjoon laughed as Taehyung finally caught up to the group and immediately took Jin’s hand in his own “Maybe because you two are attached at the hip”

“We are not” Jin denied “Right Taetae?”

“Actually we kinda are hyung” Taehyung shrugged, not exactly sure what the situation was but he wasn’t gonna lie

Jin let out a scandalized gasp of “You’re supposed to be on my side!” and the rest could only laugh as they made their way to their normal lunch spot.

Yoongi chuckled slightly seeing Jungkook scowling at the ground while sitting and waiting for them

“Yo Kook” Namjoon called out waving his hand over his head

“Hyungs” Jungkook stated seriously as they all sat down “I’ve been abandoned”

Namjoon raised an eyebrow and motioned for the Maknae to elaborate

“Both of my soulmates left me and made me walk here by myself” Jungkook continued in what could have been mistaken as a whine if it weren’t for the deep scowl still planted on his face “They abandoned me for their boyfriends and although I’m glad they’re finally getting laid they left me”

“You think that’s bad?” Jin frowned “Taehyung betrayed me”

“I did not!”

“Uh huh” Jungkook huffed completely ignoring his soulmates protests “But you’ve already forgiven him, I can see it in your eyes hyung. Whereas I will never forgive him, or Jimin” he completely ignored Jimin calling out to him telling him that he’s his hyung

“We’re sorry Kookie” Taehyung cooed throwing his arm around the younger’s shoulder “Forgive us”

Jungkook pouted for a minute before relenting and letting Taehyung hug him with a huff of “Fine, whatever”

 The group fell into a comfortable silence as they began eating, the newly formed couples hands never unclasping in the process, making it admittedly harder to eat but neither was willing to say anything because they just fit too well. The silence was only broken when Jimin actually looked down at their hands and noticed –

“Hyung” Jimin said hesitantly after a moment, continuing only after Yoongi looked back at him with a raised eyebrow “Your nails are pink”

By then the whole group was staring at the two and Yoongi blinked for a minute before breaking out into a sly smile answering with a lazy drawl of “Well I like them.” Before bringing his free hand up near his head “The color matches my hair.”

Hoseok snorted from his spot next to him while Jungkook muttered about that being “Damn stupid”

“Oh shut up Jungkook” Yoongi rolled his eyes, mildly amused because he agreed “They’re my nails, I’ll do whatever dam- darn well please with them”

“Wow Yoongi just corrected his language” Namjoon chuckled slightly “Is that your doing Jimin?”

Jimin shook his head saying he’s never minded Yoongi cursing so much

“Wait a -” Jin gasped, almost choking on his drink as he made a realization, causing the rest of them to jump from his sudden exclamation “Not letting us go to his house all weekend, pink nails, corrected language…Noona’s back isn’t she?!”

“Hey” Yoongi chuckled trying to find a way to change the subject, eyes landing on Jin’s head “Why are you wearing a hat?”

“I changed my hair” Jin answered bluntly “Now answer me”

“Yeah, fine Noona came back and I let Haeun paint my nails” Yoongi sighed deflating slightly into Jimin’s side

“Haeun?” The rest of the group chorused in perfect sync, which if Yoongi had slept better the night before he’d probably be a little freaked out

“My niece” Yoongi clarified “She’s like five and she’s really hard to say no to”

“Yoongi has a soft spot for all things Haeun and Jimin” Jin continued in a completely serious tone but it was obvious he was just teasing the younger if the small smirk on his face was anything to go by

And Yoongi would have protested but it figured it was too much trouble because, well, it’s not like it was a lie. So he instead opted to just rub small circles into Jimin’s hand and not make eye contact with the rest of the group.

He ignored the fake gagging noise from Jungkook and the whines of ‘why don’t you have soft spot for me’ from Hoseok and the sound of a deep Awww from Namjoon and Taehyung (Which sounded kinda creepy because of how low their combined voices were) but he couldn’t ignore the smug look on Jin’s face or the light press of Jimin’s lips against his hair which only really prompted Yoongi to press himself closer to his soulmate.

“So wait” Hoseok said after the moment of teasing had subsided directing the attention back to Jin “You changed your hair?”

Jin nodded and before anyone could say anything else, Namjoon reached over and pulled the hat off revealing Jin’s brown fringe cascading over his forehead, effectively making everyone but Yoongi and Namjoon himself gasp because no one but those two had seen him with anything but blonde and holy it looked good

Taehyung spent the rest of lunch running his hands through his boyfriend’s hair instead of eating.

--

Yoongi cocked an eyebrow as Jin started walking with him when he started walking home that day. Normally Yoongi was alone while going home, Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook having to go to dance practice, Namjoon working for his grandfather, and Jin and Taehyung going off on romantic escapades leaving Yoongi to walk home alone. So why Jin was walking with him mildly confused him.

“Don’t look at me like that” Jin laughed “I’m gonna say hi to Yunseo noona”

Yoongi nodded his head accepting the half-assed explanation before quickly ordering out a “Don’t tell her about how Hobi and Jimin are my soulmates. Hell, don’t even tell her I’m dating Jimin”

“So you guys are like what?” Jin bubbled happily “Like boyfriends?”

“Yes we are” Yoongi nodded scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment “Now please, don’t tell Yunseo noona”

“Ok, ok I won’t” Jin assured holding his hands up in mock surrender “But I can still like mention their existence right? Like, they still exist in your life”

“Yeah I’ve already mentioned Hobi” Yoongi sighed “And in a way Jimin”

“In a way?”

“She heard me talking on the phone with Jimin and asked who it was” Yoongi explained, picking at his nail again “And I said ‘not Jin’ as answer”

Jin rolled his eyes with a laugh, throwing his arm over the shorter man’s shoulder. Yoongi complained about how his sister didn’t believe he had any friends besides him for the rest of the walk, which only made Jin laugh harder.

Yoongi reminded Jin not to mention the fact he’d found his soulmates and Jin just nodded as they walked into Yoongi’s house.

“Noona I’m home” Yoongi called out kicking off his shoes and flopping onto the couch making pout unconsciously because Yoongi left no space for him to sit

“Welcome back Baby Bro. how was your-” Yunseo called popping her head from the kitchen pausing when she noticed another figure in the living room “Is that Kim Seokjin?” she sounded excited as Jin turned to smile at her

“Sure is” Yoongi groaned weakly

“Hello Yunseo noona” Jin chimed

“Oh ” Yunseo marveled placing her hands on her hips “You turned out so handsome Seokjin”

Jin nodded “Thanks I know” and Yoongi snorted because he’d almost forgotten Jin wasn’t very humble

“Well how are ya Seokjin?” she asked “I haven’t seen you in years”

“I’ve been great actually” Jin grinned swatting at Yoongi’s legs so he could sit frowning as Yoongi placed his feet back in the elder’s lap once he sat

“Yeah Princess here’s actually getting laid” Yoongi chuckled in the back of his throat “I bet he’s ing fabulous”

“Min Yoongi!” Jin slapped his best friend’s leg “I will bite your ankle, don’t test me”

“Well it’s true!” Yoongi whined, pulling his feet away from Jin’s lap as his sister’s eyebrows raised steadily “It’s not like it’s a bad thing Tae’s a cute kid after all”

“I’m well aware of how cute Tae is” Jin half scoffed

“Wait so like” Yunseo interrupted “You’ve found your soulmate?”

“Hm?” Jin paused as if just remembering she was there “Oh, yeah both of them actually” he smiled brightly

“And you’re ok with that?” she asked turning to Yoongi who lifted a thumbs up in response

“Yeah sure” Yoongi sighed letting his arms fall to his side “I was friends with both of them before Jin even met them so it’s chill”

Yunseo rolled her eyes, obviously not believing him

“No, it’s true!” Jin insisted, assisting Yoongi “I wouldn’t have met Namjoon without him and Tae probably wouldn’t have talked to me if it weren’t for him so they were actually his friend’s first”

“Seriously?” the disbelief in her voice kinda ticked Yoongi off

“Yes seriously” Yoongi frowned sitting back up “And I’m the favorite hyung in our group”

“What? No way!” Jin shook his head “I am”

“No, I am” Yoongi insisted, thinking they kinda sounded like kids again but he refused to lose

“There’s an easy way to solve this” Jin chuckled slightly pulling his phone out “Group chat”

Yoongi watched as Jin typed the message and sent it, mumbling about how someone changed his name again before Yoongi pulled out his own phone

From: Mom hyung

Guys! Important question! Who is your favorite hyung??

Yoongi almost laughed at the bluntness, but he noticed there were responses coming in already

From: Bunny Kook

Hobi hyung.

From: V Tae

Hoseokie hyung ;)

From: Nam monster

Technically he’s not my hyung by much but Hobi

From: Ji Minie

Hoseok Hyung lol sorry

Yoongi groaned a loud “Damn you Jung Hoseok” as Hoseok’s reply came in

From: Your Hope

BOOM ES

Yoongi saw Jin gawking at his phone and he reached over patting the elder’s back lightly

“My own soulmates” Jin complained turning his phone off “Yoongi my own soulmates”

“I know” Yoongi nodded sympathetically “I feel slightly more offended that they chose Hoseok over anyone else, like hell they coulda even said Namjoon but no. Hoseok.”

“Damn him” Jin agreed laughing slightly

“Noona, apparently the collective favorite hyung is neither of us” Yoongi clarified turning to his obviously confused sister “It’s our friend Hoseok”  

“Whoever Hobi picks wins” Seokjin declared laughing as Yoongi started texting

From: Min Swaggy

Fine. Hobi who do you love

“Really?” Jin laughed “Love?”

“I have faith in him” Yoongi shrugged making Jin snort

From: Your Hope

Can I choose Jimin?

From: Mom hyung

Jimin isn’t your hyung

From: Your Hope

Taehyung?? He has hyung in his name

From: Mom Hyung

I don’t think that counts Hobi…

From: Your Hope

Namjoonie???

From: Min Swaggy

No.

From: Your Hope

Gdi if I gotta choose then it’s my duty to choose syub

From: Bunny Kook

I’m high key offended you never mentioned me I’m switching to Yoongi

Jin let out a scandalized gasp and Yoongi saw his sister jump in her seat from surprise while Yoongi sent a cocky smirk toward his best friend. Jin glared before at him before angrily typing on his phone

From: Mom hyung

WHY YOONGI JUNGKOOK I BELIEVED IN YOUUU   

From: Bunny Kook

Bc iv never walked in on him and his boyfriend half-.

From: Bunny Kook

He’s never given me an existential crisis

From: Bunny Kook

 AND HE MENTIONS ME SOMETIMES U HOBI HYUNG

“Dude” Yoongi snorts, turning to a slightly pink Jin “What’s this about-”

“Shut it Min Yoongi” Jin whines kicking the younger lightly “It’s his fault for not knocking, ok?”

There was a ping from both their phones making them both look back down at their phones

From: Ji Minie

He walLKED IN ON WHAT

From: V Tae

¯\_()_/¯

Yoongi snorted again “Your boyfriend is an idiot” Jin nodded in agreement, because really Taehyung was insane.

From: Mom hyung

Why not Jimin then?

From: Ji Minie

He’s mad at me bc I wouldn’t buy him ice-cream yesterday

From: Min Swaggy

What happened kook and Hobi?

Jimin just responded with a video message of Hoseok chasing Jungkook around the dance studio narrowly avoiding other people around the room with Jungkook shouting a steady stream of “No! Screw you Hobi hyung! Yoongi hyung is the only good hyung to me! you, you, you!” accompanied by Jimin’s muffled giggles from behind the camera and Hoseok yelling incoherently.

By the end Yoongi and Jin were both doubling over from laughter and Yoongi could see his sister raising an eyebrow but at that point he really was just glad that this was his life at the moment.

Once Yoongi caught enough of his breath he looks to his sister “So as you can hear, Jungkook likes me best. Therefor I win” And Jin tried pouting even though he was still laughing from Jungkook’s outburst.

=============================================
=============================================

Comments are amazing! Please even the littlest thing would help me write more faster!