Card Tricks Are Real

Warming Up

Yoongi was nervous, growing more so as they neared Jimin’s house. It was reasonable – he was about to meet his boyfriend’s father, move in with them even.

But Jimin seemed excited, pulling him and Jungkook along by their hands because they weren’t moving fast enough for his taste. Jin and Namjoon followed, laughing at how Jungkook would stumble every few seconds from the constant tugging.

Every time Yoongi see’s Taehyung by himself, he worries for the boy. Like right then, they could see him from all the way down the street, in a lunging position leaning with his phone outstretched in both his hands. Though Jimin’s laughter caught his attention, making him stand up straight and wave his hand

“Noona left” he called as soon as they were in ear shot “Had to get her kid”

They didn’t ask, Yoongi already assumed that, but if Taehyung decided to tell them the obvious then he wasn’t gonna argue. Took his mind off everything for a moment.
He let Jimin drag him into the house, watching Taehyung and Jungkook make themselves comfortable like it was their own home – which in a way it was, considering the fact that it was their soulmate’s, his soulmate’s house. The others grabbing his stuff off the sidewalk, Jin stopping to coo at a picture of the maknaes from when they were kids before taking a box up the stairs. And Yoongi, Yoongi just stood back by the door not too sure what exactly he’s supposed to do.

It took a few minutes, not long since he didn’t really have that much stuff but once they were done Yoongi felt even more out of place. And Jimin, bless him, noticed. He spent a few minutes racking his brain trying to think of something that’d make Yoongi relax, pouting until it hit him.

“Y’know” he drawled, linking arms with Yoongi “We have a basketball court in the back yard”

Taehyung perked up from the couch “Let’s play, Hobi hyung the ball’s in the closet behind you” he said pointing at the elder

Jimin was already tugging him to the back door and Yoongi was already relaxing as the cool spring air hit his face.

“We have an odd number” Namjoon frowned, hands on his hips “What should we do?”

“I’ll sit out” Hoseok shrugged “I’ll make ty commentary and hopefully get a laugh outta one of you”

“Well if that’s how you wanna go about it” Jin chuckled “What’re the teams”

Jungkook’s arm shot up “Dibs on Jimin” he announced

“Dibs on Kook” Taehyung added without a second’s pause “That means I got both of them” he grinned

“Wait a-” Yoongi spoke up for the first time since they arrived at the house “You mean to tell me I’m stuck with these two” he paused pointing at Namjoon and Jin “Again? They can’t play for ”

“You’ll be the ace!” Jin grinned, sending a thumbs up in his direction

“I’ll be the only one actually playing” Yoongi groaned

Namjoon chuckled “We’re your personal cheer team that you can pass to if you need to”

“That’s stupid” Yoongi rolled his eyes taking the fake glasses off his face and moving the mask so only his mouth was covered “Whatever let’s get on with it” he sighed handing the frames to Hoseok

It took ten minutes before Jin had doubled over from listening to Hoseok’s stupid announcer voice, Jimin laughing just a little too hard to participate properly. Soon enough, Yoongi was just shooting baskets while everyone laughed

“And genius Min Suga makes another basket!” Hoseok calls, voice fluctuating to make him sound like a cheesy TV host “When will he stop? Will he beat the world record for most shots made in a row? Only time will tell”

Yoongi scoffed, rolling his eyes taking another shot, listening to his friends laughing. Honestly it was calming having his friends there to lighten his mood.

Jimin perked up after a minute, staring at the back door of the house cocking his head to the side. Taehyung was the only one paying enough attention to anything besides Hoseok’s antics, so in turn he glanced at the glass door jumping to his feet

“Park Jihyun!” he yelled making everyone jolt “Get your out here!”

Yoongi turned just in time to see Jihyun finish fumbling with the water bottle in his hands, staring up at them with wide eyes. It took him a minute, but after setting the bottle down on the kitchen counter he slowly slipping out into the back yard.

“Y’know, V hyung” Jihyun cleared his throat as he approached the group “There’s more normal ways to call to people”

Yoongi snorted, turning to shoot another basket “Taehyung? Normal? C’mon kid I would think you knew better” he chuckled grabbing the ball.

“Yeah” Jihyun sighed, deflating lightly “You’re right”

“Hey” Jimin pouted, taking his shoe off to toss it at his brother “Don’t be rude, introduce yourself”

“But I already know everyone here” Taehyung whined stomping his feet

Jungkook rolled his eyes “Hyung” he groaned “Do you actually think Jimin hyung was talking to you?”

Taehyung blinked for a second, coking his head “Oh, oh right!” He nodded, striding over to Jihyun and slinging his arm over the younger’s shoulders “Hyungs, this is Park Jihyun,” he paused turning to the younger “Park Jihyun, these are the hyungs”

“We’ll let you figure out who’s soulmate is who’s” Jungkook winked at the boy “Mostly cause I’m too lazy to explain”

By then Taehyung had already pulled Jihyun to sit down next in between him and Hoseok. And Hoseok of course, on pure instinct, went to pinch his cheek.

“Oh, my gosh” Hoseok grinned “This family is so cute”

Yoongi rolled his eyes, chucking the basketball at the younger man “Leave the kid alone Hobi”

“Awe you’re no fun” Hoseok pouted grabbing the ball and hugging it to his chest

Yoongi scoffed, placing his hands on his hips “It’s not my job to be fun,”

“Yo!” Jin laughed “That’s such a dad thing to say”

“Don’t tell me I sound like a dad when you act like a mom 75% of the time” Yoongi groaned

Jin’s hand flew up over his chest in mock offense “I do not act like a mom over half the time”

“You guys sound like an old married couple” Namjoon imputed over their bickering

“Gross” Yoongi drawled “Me? Marry Jin? No thank you”

“Hey” Taehyung pouted, in actual offense “What’s wrong with marrying Jin hyung?”

“I’m not about to be nagged all day” Yoongi shrugged “But good for you if you’re into that”

“At least I don’t just sleep and complain” Jin argued “Unlike some people”

And at that Jungkook started laughing, falling into Jimin’s lap as he clapped his hands which of course led to Jimin laughing and the rest following soon after leaving Jihyun to wonder what just happened

“Don’t worry about them” Hoseok chuckled, patting the youngers shoulder “They argue like an old married couple because they’ve been friends for like, I don’t know ten years? Even if they’re not soulmates, they’re still besties”

“That’s cheating Hobi hyung” Jimin accused, pointing his finger “He was supposed to guess soulmates himself”

“You guys find fun in strange places” Namjoon snorted “I’ll never understand”

“If Kim Taehyung is involved” Jin sighed good naturedly “There’s no point in even asking”

Things went on like that for a while, Jihyun slowly loosening up and laughing along with the jokes being made, especially once Yoongi started shooting hoops again, only to be joined by the rest of them minus Taehyung and Jungkook who went inside to find drinks. It was getting dark out, so Taehyung offhandedly flips the patio light on as he made his way to the kitchen, eyeing the way that even though Yoongi was playing 1 against 5 he was still winning, somehow. The two of them turned hearing the front door glide open and clank of some sort of brief case hitting the hard wood in the living room.

“Ah, papa Park” Jungkook grinned, hair falling into his eyes as he leaned around the counter “Welcome back” he rolled his eyes as Taehyung repeated after him and went back to searching in their pantry for the sports drinks he knows they keep in there somewhere.

“I’m not sure why I’m surprised you two are here” Jimin’s father chuckled “And oh hey look at that Taehyung’s blonde”

Taehyung laughed nodding his head “Doesn’t it look nice? Yoongi hyung did it for me the other day”

“Did he now?” the man raised an eyebrow “Looks professional”

“Yoongi hyung’s really amazing” Taehyung shrugged, grin as big as ever as his soulmate’s father tousled his hair

“Yeah? You wanna tell me a bit about him before I meet him?”

Taehyung cocked his head slightly “Why? You can just learn about him yourself can’t you papa?”

“Hyung, he probably wants a reason to like Yoongi hyung before meeting him” Jungkook sighed, glancing over at the two “Cause all he probably knows is that he spent 6 months avoiding Jimin hyung, and that made everyone kinda sad, right?”

“That’s about right” Jimin’s father confirmed and Taehyung seemed to tense up in realization

“Yoongi hyung’s really not a bad person” Taehyung insisted, turning to look outside watching as Hoseok pulled Jimin into a headlock “He’s a good hyung to us all, sure he’s snarky and has cold exterior but underneath he’s the softest person I’ve met. And honestly – holy crap” he cut himself off “There is a group hug happening I’m getting in on that” he announced flying out of the kitchen into the backyard latching himself onto Namjoon’s back leaving Jungkook to chuckle after him.

“Can I start that over?” Jungkook asked smiling slightly “So, y’see the short guy with black hair out there that’s not a part of the group hug? That’s Min Yoongi. He’s also Taehyung’s favorite underground rapper. Born March 9th in Daegu. And he’s helplessly in love with your son.”

Jimin’s father let out a snort as he looked out the sliding glass door to watch the seven boys outside mess around “Is that all?”

Jungkook shook his head “He’s scared of people. Reasonably so, to be honest. His dad was an abusive jerk, he got the blunt of it from what I can tell, so his mom and sister wouldn’t. the thing he had about soulmates was because he didn’t want to have someone like his dad as his soulmate” he sighed, watching Jimin detach from the group and wrap his arms around Yoongi, and Yoongi burying his face in Jimin neck “Or worse, be like his dad himself. He apparently used to be energetic and happy and full of life or something when he was younger but the Yoongi we know is a shell of that” he said leaning against the counter top “The whole ordeal was because he was so scared papa, scared of that always being his life. But he really loves Jiminie hyung, really loves all of us I know he does. And as Taehyung said, he’s the softest person, and the best hyung of the group. He takes care of the younger ones in our group, like the dad I never had since I’ve got two moms” Jungkook laughed at the end of that “Besides look at how he’s hugging Jiminie hyung over there, it’s obvious he treasures him” he grinned, grabbing the energy drinks he’d set aside earlier “I’ll go let them know you’re here” and with that he left the house, struggling to carry eight bottles In his arms

“Your dad’s home” Jungkook announced, dropping the bottles in front of the group not caring about where they went

Yoongi might have frozen, might have gripped the back of Jimin’s shirt a little tighter, and his anxiety might have spiked to the point where he almost trembled, while Jihyun excused himself to greet his father

“I also may have hyped Yoongi hyung up a lot while I was grabbing the drinks” Jungkook continued

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at the younger “What’d you tell him”

Jungkook laughed “I called him the dad I never had” he shrugged

“What do you mean ‘the dad you never had’?” Namjoon interjected

“You guys don’t know?” Jimin asked tilting his head to the side “Jungkook’s parents are lesbians”

“Ok one, that’s actually pretty cool” Yoongi said “But what do you mean I’m the dad you never had?”

There was a pause as everyone looked at Jungkook

And slowly, the younger’s face morphed into a small smirk “Daddy” he answered confidently

“I’m leaving” Yoongi deadpanned, letting go of his hug with Jimin, and turning to walk away

“Noo” Jimin whined tightening his arms around Yoongi as Jungkook started cackling loudly, and the rest laughing to themselves “Jeon Jungkook watch whose boyfriend you call daddy”

“Can we all stop saying daddy?” Hoseok chuckled “Please guys”

There was another paused and

“Daddy” Jin grinned, watching in amusement as Hoseok slumped into the ground with a groan

They laughed again, until they heard Jihyun call out that their dad wanted to meet Yoongi. Hesitantly, he let Jimin lead them up to the house leaving their friends outside to bicker amongst themselves.

“You ok?” Jimin paused at the door, turning to check on his boyfriend

Yoongi chuckled “I’m as ok as I can be in this situation” he admitted with a shrug

Jimin nodded, giving the elders had a squeeze “He’ll like you. I like you and Jihyun likes you, he’s gotta like you”

“He doesn’t gotta do anything sunshine” Yoongi sighed

And Jimin cracked another grin mumbling “You’re right, hyung” as he swung the door open “APPA!” he yelled, Yoongi flinching away from the sudden screech

“Son” His dad coughed, staring wide eyed “I told you not to enter rooms like that, please”

And distantly Yoongi wonder how often Jimin enters rooms by screaming out who he’s looking for, but Jihyun can be heard laughing in the living room and he really doesn’t know how to take the situation as he’s being dragged into the house.

“You said you wanted to meet Yoongi hyung” Jimin shrugged “I brought Yoongi hyung”

“You didn’t need to drag the poor guy in here” his father pointed out in a lighthearted drawl “Here, c’mon then introduce yourself”

Yoongi eyes widened slightly in realization “Hello, I’m Min Yoongi” he said bowing as deeply as he could without kneeling on the floor “It’s uh, it’s nice to meet you” he stuttered staring at his shoes

“You can raise your head, Yoongi” And Yoongi raised it slowly to meet the man’s gaze “You’re from Daegu right?”

“Y-yes sir” he confirmed

“I can always tell” Jimin’s father grinned – Yoongi could see where Jimin got his eyes from – as he patted his own back

“You’re lying” Jimin deadpanned “Kookie told you, didn’t he?”

“Ouch. Caught in a lie, huh?” The man pouted before breaking into a laugh “Anyways Yoongi, I’m Park Sungmin Jimin’s Father. It’s nice to meet you too” he smiled shaking Yoongi’s free hand “Now then, why don’t you introduce me to your other friends too, I can see them trying to see in here from the basketball court”

The two of them turned to see them all stacked on top of each other, each trying to get a better view point of what was happening

“What’re they doing?” Jimin chuckled in confusion

Yoongi smiled, adjusting the mask over his nose slightly “Are you really gonna question them at this point?”

--

By the time everyone was introduced and Sungmin had called for a pizza for dinner because he ‘was not about cook for 8 teenagers are you kidding?’ it was already dark out and everyone was pretty exhausted from the day so they all opted to put on some kid’s movie and wait for dinner in the living room.

“Dibs on Yoongi being my cuddle buddy” Taehyung called loudly “He’s small and I can just wrap myself around him” Taehyung answered when he earned a few questioning glances “And he doesn’t have any bulky muscle that gets in the way” he sent a pointed glare at Jimin who just threw his hands up in surrender

“And who said I was willing to cuddle” Yoongi deadpanned, trying to twist away from Taehyung

Taehyung just whined, sending leading eyes to the elder who, unfortunately for him relented as everyone else grabbed someone else to cuddle, and Jungkook just laying by himself on the ground, looking oddly smug.

After 15 minutes the pizza had arrived and they turned the movie down so they could talk during their dinner.

“Jimin wears glasses” Taehyung announced suddenly, making said boy choke slightly “Well, he needs to anyways. He tends to wear contacts and when he’s not wearing them he pretends he can see when he can’t”

“Dude what the hell?” Jimin slapped his shoulder harshly

Taehyung whined “I’m not gonna let you your eyes up worse than they already are just cause Yoongi’s moving in with you”

“It’s ok Jiminie” Namjoon smiled warmly “Hoseok used to have braces and has to wear a retainer at night but he refuses to so you’re not alone in the boat”

Hoseok gasped in betrayal “At least I never had a perm Joon” he retaliated

“Hey, hey, hey” Jin called “Yoongi used to have a lisp, and it’s still not gone”

“That’s not my fault!” Yoongi defended “It’s cause of how my lips formed. What your excuse for crying over any movie that has an animal in it, huh? Even happy ones”

Taehyung obviously amused by the chaos he’d started butted in again with “Jungkook still sleeps with a stuffed bunny names Lazlo” he laughed

“He’s also afraid of girls” Jimin added quickly “Just in case you didn’t know”

Jungkook made a screeching noise in the back of his throat before turning to glare at his soulmates “Taehyung eats paper” and his voice was dangerously close to a growl.

Jimin nodded, patting Taehyung’s back “He also things card tricks are real magic” he said after a moment

“He’s got three moles on his in the shape of a triangle” Jin finished before the whole group broke into yet another round of hysterics

“Well now that’s all in the open” Hoseok gasped “Good to know that weird about you guys”

The rest of the night was spent sharing dumb things that they’ve all done in the past and the 7 of them passing out around Jimin’s living room, even though it was technically a school night

===========================
===========================

I'm not really back this is just a short update to show i'm not dead

SPRING DAY GOT ME ED UP WHO IS WITH ME ON THAT 
i bet you guys cant tell who my bias is tbh if you can i'd be kinda impressed bc no one ik ever guesses it

guys i have a lot of going on i really do not know how often i can really update i dnt have any time to write so sorry for not updating for 2 months but i  stayed up 'till 5:40 in the morning just to finish writing this short chapter thats un betta'd and kinda crap but here ya go anyways imma go pass out