Meeting

Warming Up

“He sits alone in the courtyard reading” Yoongi said sitting in his normal place

“Who does what” Jin coughed, trying not to choke on his lunch “Yoongi what’re you talking about?”

“Who do you think princess?” Yoongi rolled his eyes

“Ok Min Suga” Jin sighed “I’m gonna need you to take your sass and put it in your pocket”

“I mean Namjoon” Yoongi sighed “And you need to stop acting so much like a mom Princess”

“I’ll stop acting like a mom as soon as you stop calling me Princess”

Taehyung gasped loudly startling Jin, almost making them both fall out of the bed they were on

“What?!” Jin blinked at Taehyung’s scandalized glare “What’s wrong?”

“You lied to him” Taehyung declared

“I what?”

“You lied to him! You said you’d stop acting like a mom if he stopped calling you Princess” Taehyung frowned “But Hyung you still act like a mom”

“Yeah well he still calls me princess” Jin shot back

“I’ve never heard it”

“Because he only does it when it’s the two of us”

“Does that count?” Taehyung pouted

“I’m not sure” Jin chuckled a little “But at this point I’m pretty sure that it’s just my personality”

“Fair enough” Taehyung sighed

“I’ll stop acting like a mom as soon as you stop calling me princess” Jin chuckled

“Oh well” Yoongi grinned “Looks like you’ll always be my mom then”

“Anyways back to the original point?”

“Ah right,” Yoongi nodded “Namjoon sits in the courtyard to read during lunch break. I saw him on my way here today”

“Why didn’t you invite him to lunch today?” Jin raised an eyebrow

“Because that seems kinda creepy princess” Yoongi responded “It’s like I’m actually stalking him”

“Are we not?” Jin joked “I mean I’m like mildly stalking him through you.”

“Does Namjoonie hyung know you guys were stalking him for like a month?” Taehyung asked

“No he doesn’t” Jin shook his head “And he’s not gonna find out”

“Fine” Taehyung rolled his eyes “Continue”

“I’ll ask him tomorrow” Yoongi shrugged “It’s too late for him to join now, lunch is gonna be over in less than ten minutes”

Though Yoongi didn’t show up to school the next day, or the day after. It was actually starting to worry Jin because of how Yoongi wouldn’t answer him for hours and hours on end, and when he went to his house he was just told Yoongi was sick. It worried Him but there was nothing he could do but wait for him to just come back to school. Unfortunately, that took over a week.

Jin remembers hearing rumors that some guy that looked like he belonged to a gang was looking for Yoongi, and since Jin was basically Yoongi’s only friend that meant he was also looking for him. Jin kinda wanted to curse the entire world but he knew that was an overreaction and there was nothing really wrong.

“Excuse me” Jin heard a deep voice from across the cafeteria “Do you know of a Kim Seokjin?”

Jin stiffened upon hearing his name uttered by some unknown guy who had silver- wait silver hair? Jin looked up seeing a tall guy wearing a black Epic High hoodie standing awkwardly looking around the large room, and he felt his ankle burn just a little upon seeing him. He did look a little scary like he could be in a gang but to Jin he just looked confused. And Yoongi was right, Jin couldn’t help but to think that, indeed, the guy did look like a cockatiel with the way his hair was styled

“How was his hair done anyways?” Taehyung frowned “You keep saying he looked like a bird”

“It was like” Jin sighed moving his hand behind his head in a curving motion “Swoopy.”

“Swoopy” Taehyung deadpanned “Well ok then”

Jin watched with wide eyes as his tattoo started burning more and the boy winced bending to look at his ankle before straightening back up. The tall boy looked around again, seeming a bit more panicked before meeting eyes with Jin, and any pain he felt was gone. To Jin, this was something that he did not want to happen while Yoongi was gone. He saw the boy blink before slowly starting to make his way to where Jin sat.

“Uh” The boy hesitated as he approached, and Jin almost wanted to laugh “Hi”

“Hi” Jin responded, his voice the most monotone it had been in almost his whole life “I heard you were looking for me.”

“Are you Kim Seokjin?” The boy asked cocking his head to the side while Jin nodded “You’re friends with Yoongi?”

“That’s me” Jin nodded

“I see” The boy nodded seeming to forget about how his tattoo burned a minute ago “I’m Namjoon, his partner in science. Do you know where he is? He hasn’t been to class for a few days and I was told you were his best friend?”

“He’s sick” Jin shrugged “It’s nice to meet you, I guess”

“So wait you practically stalk him and then the moment you meet him you became cold?” Taehyung frowned “How does that make any sense?”

“Well my best friend in the whole world despised soulmates and was scared that I’d be taken by mine” Jin answered “Wouldn’t you become cold too because you didn’t want to betray your best friend?”

“But you said that everything was fine after that?”

“Not at first.” Jin sighed “It took a while for any of us to come to terms.”

Yoongi was back the next day, much to Jin’s relief. Jin could assume that Namjoon was glad too.

“Min Suga!” Jin grinned as Yoongi sat down next to him “You’re back~”

“And you sound like you’re about to burst into song” Yoongi rolled his eyes, his voice muffled slightly by the mask he was wearing “Why’re you so happy, princess?”

“Because I missed my bestie” Jin grinned before pouting “You never even responded to my texts”

Yoongi just rolled his eyes as he slipped the straw from his juice box under his mask. Before mumbling something that Jin couldn’t quite catch.

“What was that?” Jin asked taking a bite from his sandwich

“Namjoon said he met you earlier.” Yoongi repeated making Jin choke on his food “Whoa Princess don’t die”

“I told you not to call me that at school” Jin coughed “What did he say?”

“He just said he met you while looking for me” Yoongi shrugged chuckling a little “He said you seemed nice”

“I didn’t think I came off as nice.” Jin frowned, furrowing his eyebrows in the process

“And why’s that?” Yoongi asked

“Because I was being rude Yoongi” Jin rolled his eyes “Obviously”

“Apparently” Yoongi sighed “I’m gonna invite him to lunch tomorrow by the way”

“What?” Jin stiffened “Why?”

“Because you’ve been telling me to sense I first mentioned him?”

“Oh, right” Jin sighed “Well, you do you Yoongi. You do you”

“Stop looking at me like that Tae” Jin whined pinching his soulmate’s lower stomach

“I’m disappointed in your past self.” Taehyung winced slapping the elder’s hand away “You were so mean”

“Do I have to bring up what you did when we met?” Jin raised an eyebrow “Because you weren’t any better”

“Touché”

“I don’t have to introduce you guys right?” Yoongi asked as he pushed Namjoon to sit in the seat across from him “You’ve already met each other”

“That’s right” Jin sighed taking a large bite from his sandwich

“Yeah just the other day while you were gone.” Namjoon nodded “Which reminds me, are you sure you’re ok to be back at school?”

“As long as I keep my mask” Yoongi shrugged sitting down next to Jin, who’s mouth was still full of food. “There you go looking like an alpaca again princess”

Jin just slapped the younger on the back of the head.

“Do I wanna know the context?” Namjoon asked as Jin shook his head

“Nah, it’s just something I’ve been telling him sense we were kids” Yoongi grinned through his mask

And after that Namjoon and Yoongi just talked about their music for the rest of lunch.

“So how’d you and Namjoon become so close?” Taehyung asked

“I don’t actually know” Jin shrugged “It just kinda happened”

“What happened when Yoongi hyung found out you guys are soulmates”

“Oh You know…” Jin sighed “He was pissed”

“What happened?”

“Well…”