Worrying

Warming Up

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Yoongi hissed making Jin flinch

“Because I knew you’d react like this” Jin frowned from his place on his bed

“Oh you knew I’d be pissed about you finding your soulmate?” Yoongi scoffed “Not even your romantic one, no I coulda handled that. But you found my replacement, in my lab partner.”

“No one is getting replaced.” Jin frowned “Yoongi you’re still my best friend. Nothing’s gonna change that.”

“Don’t lie to me” Yoongi spat as he grabbed his bag from Jin’s desk “You’ve found your soulmate; why don’t you go play with him?”

“Yoon-”

“Shut up Jin” Yoongi interrupted making Jin flinch again “I’m leaving. Talk to you later- maybe”

“Yoongi!” Jin called as Yoongi walked out of Jin’s house at one in the morning “Min Yoongi get your beck in here!”

But it was too late. Yoongi had left and he wouldn’t answer his phone.

Yoongi didn’t come to school for a week after that, and both Jin and Namjoon were sick with worry. They both tried to call and text every day, hell Jin even tried to visit him at home, only to be completely ignored by the younger.

“What’s even going on?” Namjoon frowned sitting crossed legged next to Jin “Why is he so upset”

“Wouldn’t you be?” Jin asked “He hates soulmates, Namjoon. He always has. Just think how it would feel for your best friend to find someone who’s supposed to be their best friend.”

“Well that’d .” Namjoon nodded “I mean hell, I’ve got someone I’d consider my best friend back in Gwangju so I’d realize it’d probably ”

“No huh?” Jin chuckled “Now if only that little would answer his phone”

The weekend was hell for Jin. He literally spent at least five hours sitting outside of Yoongi’s house and the most that happened was the front door cracking open and a water bottle being placed outside with a note telling him to leave. And when Monday came around so did Yoongi, but not in the way that Jin was hoping.

Yoongi was back to school but his earbuds never left his ears unless the teacher told him off, and he never met Namjoon’s eyes during class. When Jin saw Yoongi when classes were let out he did not hesitate to grab Yoongi and pull him into a hug rambling about how worried he was and scolding him about not answering his phone.

“What’re you doing Jin?” Yoongi asked patting Jin’s arm awkwardly

“Shut up you little ” Jin frowned Pulling Yoongi closer to him “I haven’t seen you in a week, no phone calls no texts, the most I got was a note. You’re a jerk Yoongi. Do you realize how worried I was? No. You don’t. You think that just because I found my platonic soulmate ‘m just gonna drop you. That’s stupid Yoongi, you’ll always be my best friend. Even if Namjoon is too, you’re still gonna be there. People can have more than one best friend you know. God do you even-”

“Hey, ok, Princess” Yoongi sighed interrupting Jin’s rant “I’m gonna need you to take a breath before you hyperventilate”

“But-”

“No buts Jin” Yoongi shook his head “I’m sorry for ignoring you… I was just scared. I’ll try not to get all weird”

“You’re always gonna be a little weird Suga” Jin smiled petting his hand through Yoongi’s hair “It’s ok. I missed you”

“Yeah” Yoongi nodded, his wavering a little “I missed you too… but I’ll need some time y’know?”




Last chapter of the backstory~ I'll be getting on with the main story line from now on! 

I hope you guys enjoyed it! (i know some of you didn't and just wanted me to get back to the main story, i'm sorry. I know that this is supposed to so be a yoonmin fic, but please remember this is also my fic so despite any complaints i've gotten i still do decide what i want to put on here - and i thought some backstory and taejin should be included, but i do realize that this back story was quite long, so for that i do apoligize. Also sorry for being lowkey passive agressive i didn't mean to, i'm just sayin)

Thank You guys so much for commenting!! you guys are 10/10 please keep them comming!