The Start of Hiphop

Warming Up

“I actually didn’t see Yoongi for almost a whole year after summer” Jin sighed remembering “Though we did write”

“Princess!” Jin yelped as he felt the impact of someone jumping on his back “You got taller!”

“S-Suga” Jin gasped turning to see the other’s face “You got paler”

“Wow rude” Yoongi laughed as he got off the elder’s back

“No, but seriously Yoongi did you lose weight?” Jin asked inspecting the boy who was now the same height as him, something was… different

“Nope” Yoongi shook his head “c’mon Princess guess again”

“Uh” Jin blinked staring at the younger before screeching “MIN SUGA YOUR HAIR IS RED”

“That’s right princess” Yoongi chuckled “We’re going into junior high in a few months! I gotta look my best”

“Yoongi hyung sure has changed” Taehyung blinked after a moment of Jin trying to remember details

“Not really” Jin laughed “Just his energy level bottomed out”

“Must have used it all when he was 11”

“Exactly”

 “Ok please tell me more”

“How’s Seoul goin’ for ya princess?”

“It’s alright” Jin shrugged “I made some friends”

“Still no soulmate?”

“Still no soulmate” Jin laughed “Suga you’re still my bestie”

“I better be” Yoongi grinned, his gums making a reappearance “Because you’re still mine too”

“This is cheesy” Taehyung whined

“I’ve only gotten worse sense I’ve met you” Jin rolled his eyes

“Whatever”

“There’s this word that people have been using lately” Jin stated as he took a bite from his sandwich “Think it describes you pretty well Suga”

“Oh yeah?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow not noticing the sauce on the side of his mouth “What’s that?”

“Swag” Jin answered as he leaned over to wipe the younger’s face

“What the heck does that mean?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow

“It means like super cool and stuff” Jin shrugged “I’m not sure how to describe it”

“Oh my god hyung!” Taehyung laughed “You’re the one that got him started on that”

“I sure am” Jin grinned “Jungkookie should really be mad at me instead of Yoongi”

“He should” Taehyung agreed “Anyways what else?”

“Well nothing really from that summer” Jin sighed “But if we can skip to that winter”

“Go ahead” Taehyung shrugged “It’s your story”

Jin grinned walking in the cold with his friend Jaehwan in the park. Jin wasn’t a fan of the cold particularly but he had a friend with him and he couldn’t care less

“Oh c’mon Jin” His friend laughed “Whaddya mean you don’t need to meet your soulmate?”

“Exactly like I said Ken” Jin rolled his eyes “I mean I’d like to meet my romantic one because I could use a girlfriend but”

“Ok two things” Taehyung cut in “One Ken? I thought you said his name was Jaehwan.”

“It was a nickname” Jin shrugged

“You’ve never mentioned him before?”

 “He moved to Incheon” Jin responded “We still talk sometimes. You’d like him if you met him I think”

“I see”

“Anyways” Jin drawled “What was your second?”

“Girlfriend” Taehyung responded flatly as Jin erupted in hearty laugher

“Aw Tae are you really going to focus on that?” Jin laughed

“Well” Taehyung frowned “Yeah, I’m not a girl”

“You’re right” Jin chuckled shifting to hold the younger closer “You’re better than any girl I’ve ever met”

“Cheesy” Taehyung scrunched his nose before kissing Jin’s cheek “Ok continue”

“Where was I?”

“Soulmates?”

“I mean I’d like to meet my romantic one because I could use a girlfriend but” Jin shrugged “I already have a best friend”

“Aw that’s sweet Jin” Ken cooed “But I already have my platonic soulmate, you’re a close second”

“Not you” Jin rolled his eyes “His name’s”

“Princess?” Jin was interrupted by a slightly gravelly voice. Jin froze turning toward where he heard the voice

“Suga?” Jin blinked, not sure he was actually seeing the younger sitting under a tree or if he was just going crazy

“Hey Princess” Yoongi grinned standing from his spot taking a few steps toward him “What’re you doin here?”

“What am I doing here?” Jin scoffed “Shouldn’t I be asking you that Mr. D-boy”

“What? Am I not allowed to leave Daegu?” Yoongi joked “I’m here because my Noona’s in a national competition”

“Oh well that’s good for her” Jin nodded, pausing when he saw Ken’s confused face “Oh, oh Suga this is Ken, my friend from school”

“Hello” Ken smiled waving his hand slightly at the shorter

“And Ken, this is actually who I was just talking about” Jin grinned “This is my best friend”

“Min Yoongi” Yoongi smirked “Nice to meet you”

“You too” Ken smiled “Oh hey my soulmates waiting for me, I gotta get going. Talk to later Jin”

“Soulmates” Yoongi scoffed under his breath with a roll of the eyes

“Anyways Suga” Jin grinned turning to throw his arm over the younger’s shoulder “What were you doing out here?”

“I like the cold” Yoongi shrugged “Makes it easier to write”

“Write what?” Jin raised an eyebrow

“Lyrics” Yoongi grinned at Jin’s confused face “Like- Princess- Hip Hop.”

“Hip hop?”

“Yeah, it’s actually great like” Yoongi mused “There’s this thing called a mixtape where like you take a beat and you put your own words to it- and”

“Whoa, whoa Suga” Jin chuckled “Breath”

“You got to see that start of it?” Taehyung gasped “The start of hip hop?”

“He was so passionate” Jin chuckled “Still is”

“What happened after that?”

“I only got to see him one day during the winter” Jin shrugged “And the next summer was pretty uneventful, we just played video games”

“Well then after that”

“Well it would have been in November of our second year of junior high”




Part 2 of Yoongi and Jin's back story!

Tell me what you think!

Please keep commenting!! You guys are the best and i love every single comment you leave (I'm sorry if i dont respond? my phones being weird?)