Sunshine

Warming Up

“You just attract sunshine Yoongi” Namjoon concluded as he spun around in his desk chair

“Excuse me?” Yoongi frowned “I do what now?”

“You attract sunshine” Namjoon repeated

“Care to explain how?” Yoongi sighed sitting up from his place on Namjoon’s bed.

“Well” Namjoon drawled “There’s Hobi. You know how bright and energetic that boy is”

“So?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow before Namjoon continued

“And who was the first person that Taehyung approached?” Namjoon smiled as he stopped spinning

“Me but”

“Well Tae is definitely in the same class as Hoseok” Namjoon interrupted “Don’t you think?”

“I mean I guess” Yoongi agreed hesitantly “But I don’t understand what any of that has to do with sunshine.”

“And then there’s Jimin” Namjoon continued ignoring Yoongi’s questioning gaze “You’ve seen how blinding that boy’s smile is.”

“Namjoon what are you even talking about?”

“Those three are the literal definition of sunshine.” Namjoon nodded his head at his own statement. “You just attract sunshine.”

Yoongi couldn’t really protest, Namjoon wasn’t even close to wrong. Yoongi had to admit that the three of them really did lighten up the room. And Yoongi did have a hard time staring directly at Jimin when he smiled, feeling that he really would go blind from how bright it was.

--

“Hobi you’re shaking the house” Yoongi stated as the younger continued to move to the music playing from the speakers. “Stop dancing would ya?”

“Stop making such danceable beats then.” Hoseok shot back with a grin “This one’s good, do you have any lyrics to go with it?”

“Not for this one” Yoongi shrugged “Not yet anyways”

“That’s too bad.” Hoseok shrugged “You said you made two tracks right?”

“Yeah” Yoongi nodded moving to his computer to change songs “This one isn’t as… hyped, I guess would be he word.”

Hoseok raised his eyebrow as the first whistle started accompanied with a small ticking noise, only to be quickly accompanied by a piano.

“Can you rap to this?” Hoseok asked

“Well I can rap to anything” Yoongi joked “But I can write other things than just rap… and there are two places where there is a rap in this”

“Wait so you have the lyrics?” Hoseok grinned “Lemme read”

“Noo” Yoongi whined snatching his worn out notebook from Hoseok’s hands “They’re not done yet”

“Just let me see what you have so far” Hoseok whined back reaching over Yoongi for it

“Why are you guys whining at each other?” Jin frowned walking into Yoongi’s room

“Yoongi won’t show me his lyrics” Hoseok pouted

“They aren’t ready” Yoongi defended “I didn’t even let Namjoon read them and he was the one to help me with this”

“I’m still mad at you about that” Namjoon laughed as he came in

“How the are you guys getting in?” Yoongi frowned “You’re like ants”

“Your mom let us in” Jin shrugged as he took a seat next to Yoongi on the bed

He didn’t even know his mom was home.

“Makes sense.” Yoongi nodded as he turned his speakers off “Why are you here?”

“We got bored.” Namjoon shrugged “It’s always fun to bug you.”

“Why are you like this” Yoongi whined.

Yoongi actually didn’t mind having friends that showed up randomly.

--

“Because in this pitch black darkness, you are shining so brightly. Save me before I fall” Yoongi jumped at the voice next to him turning to see Jimin’s grinning face “Sounds pretty hyung.”

“Um thanks” Yoongi blinked as he closed his notebook “What’re you doing here Jimin?”

“I like walking in the cold” Jimin shrugged sitting next to Yoongi on the park bench “Clears my mind, you know.”

“I can understand that” Yoongi smiled “Just don’t stay out too long, you could get sick.”

“Well how long have you been out here?” Jimin asked

“Longer than you should be” Yoongi answered with a smile

“That’s hardly fair.” Jimin rolled his eyes “Look at your face, it’s all pink from being out here.”

Yeah, his face was totally pink because of the cold, not because he was talking to Jimin.

“I’m not feeling cold” Yoongi shrugged “Besides if I get sick I won’t have to go back to school next week”

“That’s unreasonable.” Jimin laughed “Do you want to get something to warm you up? I’ll pay”

Yoongi blinked at the younger, whose face was looking increasingly pink by the second.

“I mean I u-understand if you don’t want to” Jimin stuttered “It’s just that you look cold and- I don’t- I don’t want you to-“

“Ok” Yoongi nodded as he stood up

“What?” Jimin’s eyes widened

“C’mon, let’s go” Yoongi rolled his eyes taking a few steps “I can’t refuse free coffee.”

Yoongi didn’t know what made him agree to getting coffee with Jimin, but seeing the way the younger smiled certainly made him glad he said yes.




Comment, upvote, you know the usual lol