Platonic Horse

Warming Up

Yoongi never liked the idea of soulmates very much. Whether it be his romantic or platonic soulmate, he wanted nothing to do with either of them. He wanted to be able to choose who his friends are and who his lover is.

So when the tattoo on his ankle started burning when he walked into class on the first day of his third year of high school, it would be easy to say he was less than pleased about it. He made his way to the back of a class, quickly taking his seat and keeping his head down to avoid eye contact.

“Hey Hoseok.” Namjoon, one of Yoongi’s friends from the year before asked who ever he was talking to “What are you looking for?”

Yoongi lifted his gaze for a split second to see a boy with chocolate hair turning his head around the classroom, obviously looking out for something.

“The tattoo burns Namjoon.” The boy, Hoseok as Namjoon called him answered simply, a smile playing on his lips “They’re here.”

“Jeez you make it sound like some sorta horror movie.” Namjoon rolled his eyes

And to Yoongi it was. He despised everything about the concept of meeting his soulmate, even if it was just his platonic one, as the one on the ankle normally is. Yoongi diverted his attention down to his notebook, popping an earbud in as he tried to concentrate on the lyrics to go with the beat he had created. And although hard to concentrate, he was able to at least act like his ankle didn’t feel like it was about to catch fire. Or at least he thought he did. Yoongi nearly jumped out of his seat, letting a quiet, very (not) manly sound when he felt a large hand clap against his back.

“Yoongi!” he heard the smile in Namjoon’s voice as took his earbud out as he turned to face him. “When did you get here?”

“A little while ago.” Yoongi shrugged, smiling slightly as he saw that Namjoon was alone “You were talking to someone and I didn’t want to interrupt.”

“You realize this is why you don’t have many friends, right?” Namjoon joked as Yoongi shrugged “I was talking to my friend Hoseok by the way.”

“I didn’t ask.”

“Well, I was gonna introduce you just now but” Namjoon paused pointing his head towards Hoseok who had started moving slowly around the classroom “One of his soulmates showed up and is apparently hiding”

“W-who would hide from their soulmate?” Yoongi laughed awkwardly. He would. He is. “That’s just stupid.” Yoongi really needs to stop saying the opposite of how he feels.

“Yeah I agree.” Namjoon nodded “I mean even though I haven’t found my romantic soulmate, Jin is literally the best friend I could have asked for.”

And just as Namjoon mentioned his platonic soulmate, the broad shouldered man walked in. Immediately spotting the two, he made his way over with a smile painted brightly onto his face.

“Good morning guys.” Jin greeted taking the seat in front of Yoongi

“G’mornin Jin” Namjoon answered smiling widely

“Speak of the devil.” Yoongi muttered

“What?” Jin raised an eyebrow “You were talking about me?”

“Oh yeah we were talking about-“

“How stupid your new blond hair looks.” Yoongi cut Namjoon off with a smirk

“Excuse me.” Jin scoffed running his hand through his newly bleached hair “I look great. I had girls swooning over me from the moment I got here.”

“You always have girls swooning.” Namjoon sighed “And we weren’t even talking about that.”

“True.” Jin grinned “If not about my hair, then what?”

“Soulmates.” Namjoon answered

“Why?” Jin asked as Namjoon nodded his head toward Hoseok who was still scanning the room

“Poor Hoseok.” Namjoon sighed “His soulmate’s hiding from him.”

The whole time that they were talking the burning feeling on Yoongi’s ankle was only getting worse, and he unintentionally let out a groan from the pain.

“Yoongi?” Jin asked poking the younger’s cheek “Are you ok? You look like you’re in pain.”

And at that moment, Yoongi really wished that the teacher would just show up and start class.

“Fine.” Yoongi grimaced “I’m fine.”

“You don’t look fine what’s” Namjoon paused “Wait.”

“Wait what?” Jin raised an eyebrow as Yoongi tried not to glare.

“Hoseok!” Namjoon called to his friend across the room. “Come here a moment!”

Yoongi put his head down against his desk as the boy with chocolate hair made his way to the three of them.

“What?” Hoseok sounded annoyed “Namjoon You know I’m trying to find my…”

“Yeah but I wanted to introduce you to my friends before class starts.” Namjoon grinned as he interrupted, Yoongi knew he was grinning. He could practically feel the dimples without looking.

“Oh” Hoseok hesitated “Ok”

“Ok, so this is Jin, my platonic soulmate.” Namjoon paused as Yoongi assumed Jin smiled at Hoseok. “And this is Yoongi.”

Yoongi didn’t move, he acted as if he were dead as he felt the tattoo grow hotter If that were even possible.

“Yoongi.” Jin sighed patting his head “It’s physically impossible to fall asleep that quickly and you know it. Raise your head.”

Yoongi was never able to disobey Jin. Even if he oh so desperately wanted to. So he raised his head, and the moment that he made eye contact with Hoseok any and all pain he was experiencing from that tattoo was gone. And what came next surprised him. A blinding smile, possibly the most blinding smile he’d ever seen. Yoongi didn’t like it.

“Hi.” Hoseok nodded his head, still smiling.

Yoongi frowned and leaned back in his seat as Namjoon started laughing.

“I knew it!” Namjoon grinned and Yoongi was about ready to punch him.

And he actually would have if the teacher didn’t decide to start class just then.

--

The moment the bell rang Yoongi put his ear buds back into ear and did his best to ignore the blatant stares in his direction. He was not going to give in to this soulmate bull so easily. He leaned back in his chair as he pulled his notebook back out and began to think of how to articulate his thoughts into lyrics but at this point he had three pairs of eyes on him and it was bugging him.

“Take a picture it lasts longer” he growled making the others jump.

“Yoongi” Namjoon sighed “Can you just-“

“No.” Yoongi cut him off turning the volume of his music higher “I refuse” not caring if he came off as rude.

“That guy.” Namjoon rolled his eyes patting Hoseok on the back

“It’s ok Hoseok.” Jin sighed “Yoongi always takes a while to warm up to people.”

Hoseok just nodded his head looking back at Yoongi who was bobbing his head to the beat mouthing the words he was writing.

“Still though you’d expect him to warm up to his soulmate almost immediately.” Namjoon frowned.

“Not everyone is like us.” Jin shrugged “Don’t you remember how when he found out we were soulmates he became distant for like a month?”

“I just thought he was being moody.” Namjoon frowned “Well he’s always moody but”

“I think it’s just be better to give him a little time.” Hoseok cut in with a grin after a moment “I mean he’ll come around eventually so I might as well just give him a little space.”

--

Yoongi really did not expect his platonic soulmate to be this energetic. Literally, he was at most expecting them to be somewhat like him, someone to laze around with, if he actually accepted him as his friend. And the more he watched Hoseok, the less likely he felt like he would.

He watched the boy running after the soccer as he sat behind the bleachers. Sports were… not Yoongi’s thing, unless it was basketball, then he’d be out there kicking . But soccer, nope, he’s hiding. Hoseok on the other hand was sprinting back and forth, making goals, blocking passes, it was exhausting just watching him. Yoongi didn’t actually realize he was staring until he felt the warmth of another person next to him.

“Staring much?” He heard Jin say as he turned his head to the elder

“More like spacing out.” Yoongi answered as nonchalantly as he could

“It’s ok to be curious about him” Jin smiled “He is one of your soulmates after all.”

“Shut up. I don’t like soulmates.” Yoongi frowned “I’m not curious either. I don’t wanna know anything about him.”

“Aw Yoongi don’t be like that.” Jin whined “C’mon they aren’t that bad, and you don’t mind Namjoon and I.”

“That’s cause you guys aren’t my soulmates.” Yoongi answered “I chose you guys. I didn’t choose him.”

“As much as I appreciate that” Jin sighed “You should give him a chance, I mean, it’s not like he’s your romantic soulmate. He’s just a friend.”

“But I don’t wanna.” Yoongi knew he was being childish but he didn’t care

“Hoseok is a good person” Jin smiled at the other “Just give him a chance.”

And without another word Jin stood and left a pouty Yoongi behind.

--

Lunch was awkward for everyone. Even if they didn’t want to admit it, it was awkward. Even Yoongi felt awkward with his earbuds in and notebook open. He glanced up meeting eyes with Jin for a split second before looking back at his book.

“Alright fine.” He sighed pulling his earbuds out “I can’t focus anyways sense you guys keep staring at me.”

He saw both Namjoon and Hoseok physically relax and Jin rolled his eyes.

“Well?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow “Where do we start?”

All Hoseok did was blink dumbly at him.

“Names.” Jin instructed “Start with names”

“My name is Min Yoongi.”

“Oh! Uh” Hoseok paused, smile planted back on his face “Jung Hoseok, nice to meetcha”

“Ok next interests.” Namjoon continued smiling slightly.

“Interests?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow at the younger earning a nod from Jin and Namjoon.

“I’ll go first this time” Hoseok smiled “I like hope, hip hop and dancing.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, until Jin jabbed my side with his elbow urging me to tell him mine.

“Basketball, kumamon” he paused smirking “Hip hop.”

“Really?” Yoongi watched as Hoseok perked up scooting closer to with an interested grin.

“Yeah” Yoongi nodded

“What else do you think he’s been doing in that notebook of his?” Namjoon grinned “He’s been writing lyrics.”

“That’s so cool!” Hoseok laughed before pointing to an earbud “Can I listen?”

“You look like a horse.” Yoongi deadpanned, handing the younger one of his precious earbuds

“You look like turtle.” Hoseok answered as he happily popped it into his ear.

Yoongi thought that maybe, as long as its only his platonic soulmate, he could handle it. 




i decided to post this as little chapters instead because of poular vote and also this was in long. 

Comment and tell me your thoughts!!!