Don't

Warming Up

There’s something unsettling in the pit of Yoongi’s stomach. He’s not sure when it started but he knows it wasn’t there until he started talking about soulmates with Taehyung and Jungkook. It’s weird, almost empty but at the same time he feels like he’s about to vomit even though he hasn’t eaten since dinner the night before. It makes him squirm away from the arm Jungkook threw around his shoulder

There was something wrong, and he knew it.

“Where’s Jimin?” Taehyung asked leaning onto Jin’s back, hooking arms tightly around his neck

Hoseok shrugged “I don’t know; he didn’t show up to lunch”

“Yeah, obviously Hobi Hyung” Jungkook rolled his eyes “But he was here this morning. I would know, I walked to school with him”

“Maybe he texted us” Namjoon mumbled pulling his phone from his pocket

Taehyung nodded as the rest checked their messages

“Well I got nothing” Jin sighed locking his phone

“Us either” Jungkook sighed looking over Namjoon and Hoseok’s phones

“I’m gonna just…” Yoongi frowned “Text him”

“That’s a good idea hyung” Taehyung smiled slightly “Keep us updated”

From: Min Swaggy

Jimin

“It says he’s read it” Yoongi scowled “But he wasn’t replied”

“Text him again” Hoseok urged

From: Min Swaggy

Sunshine seriously

From: Min Swaggy

Are you coming to lunch?

From: Ji Minie

No

From: Min Swaggy

Why not

From: Ji Minie

I skipped

From: Min Swaggy

Where are you then

From: Ji Minie

The gym

“He said he’s at the gym” Yoongi informed

Namjoon scrunched his nose “The gym? What’s he doin’ there?”

“He must be stressed” Jungkook sighed “He only goes there at weird times when he’s stressed”

“Well, today’s the anniversary of that thing” Taehyung nodded “I’m sure he’s fine, though. He won’t do anything stupid, he’s better about that”

Jungkook shrugged “Yeah, he’ll be ok”

Yoongi wasn’t paying attention anymore, shaking his head as he stared down at his boyfriend’s blunt responses. Something was wrong. Really ing wrong.

From: Min Swaggy

You ok??

He bit his lip waiting for a reply

From: Ji Minie

Fine

From: Min Swaggy

Are you sure?

From: Ji Minie

Yes, I said I’m fine hyung

From: Ji Minie

Listen I have to go. Bye hyung

Yoongi was worried now. Jimin had never been so curt with him. It made his skin crawl.

“” Yoongi cursed quietly standing from his spot “I don’t feel well. I’m going home”

“Home huh?” Hoseok tried to hide the teasing of his voice

“Yeah” Yoongi shrugged his backpack on over his shoulder

“Tell Jimin we say hi when you get ‘home’ Yoongi” Jin grinned

Yoongi just rolled his eyes walking away from his friends.

--

In Yoongi’s defense, he really did intend to go home. He really didn’t feel well, and really just wanted to go home and sleep and hope to god that this was a dream and he’d wake up to Hoseok’s stupid face and there would be nothing wrong and he could hold Jimin’s hand. And yet he found himself shuffling his way to the front desk at the gym Jimin pointed out to everyone stating proudly ‘look guys that’s my gym! You should all come with me sometime’ And Yoongi thinks he should be more surprised that he remembers that Jimin pointed it out because it was months ago but to be honest, he remembers almost everything Jimin’s told him (even though he won’t admit it)

“How can I help you, sir?” chirped the girl at the front desk, way too happily for Yoongi’s taste

He cleared his throat stepping closer “I’m actually looking for someone?” he’s not sure why he’s phrasing it as a question “He, uh, said he was here”

“Okay” she drawled turning to her computer “May I have the member’s name?”

“Jimin” he answered, shoving his fists into his jean pockets “Park Jimin”

“Yeah, ok” she nodded “It says he’s signed in, if you want I could have someone take you back to look for him”

“Please” he sighed

And of course, the moment he was joined by a worker they were trying to sell him a membership, he wasn’t surprised and he really didn’t care as long as he’d be able to find his boyfriend. With a sigh he followed the man, blocking out whatever jargon was being spewed as he eyed the people in each room.

 “You, do realize that I’m just here to see my soulmate and not for a membership” Yoongi sighed after being led through what seemed to be the tenth room filled with stationary bikes “Right?”

“Sorry, sir” he obviously wasn’t sorry “It’s in my job description to try everyone that walks in”

“Yeah well” Yoongi shrugged resisting the urge to roll his eyes “I’m not interested. I just want to see my boyfriend and leave”

“That’s hardly the spirit, sir” the man chirped “Maybe your soulmate can convince you”

Yoongi snorted “Yeah I doubt it”

“What’s his name? Maybe we can find him so I can get back to my job” he smiled “Because you sir, are very grumpy so I think that’d be better for us both”

“Park Jimin” Yoongi shrugged, resisting the urge to roll his eyes for the umpteenth time since he’s walked into the gym

“Park Jimin” the man paused “Ah the short kid”

“He’s not that short” Yoongi frowned “Do you know where he is or not?”

“Yeah he should be in the weight room if I remember correctly” the guy shrugged motioning for Yoongi to follow him “He should be in there” he said opening a door letting Yoongi peer inside.

And low-and-behold there he was. It was amazing to Yoongi, how he’d immediately became mesmerized just by the sight of Jimin, making him pause in his place just to stare at the way Jimin’s body flexed as he threw a punch at the punching back.

“Well?” Yoongi was snapped out of his thoughts by the guide

“Yeah, he’s in there” Yoongi nodded clearing his throat “I’ll just go in, I guess”

The guy flicked his wrist “Be my guest” Yoongi decided he really wasn’t his fan

Yoongi wasn’t really sure how to make himself known to Jimin, so instead he opted to just stay by the wall, leaning uncomfortably as he watched his boyfriend throw punch after punch. Something about the serious look on Jimin’s face told him not to interrupt the younger.

--

‘I wanted to choose who I ended up with’

‘Soulmates aren’t necessary’

The words echoed loudly in Jimin’s mind. God, he really wished he didn’t skip class to find Taehyung.

He wasn’t sure what to think when he heard Jungkook’s voice as he passed a classroom he was sure wasn’t in use at the moment but it made him pause, peeking into the room slightly to see all three of his soulmates together talking quietly amongst themselves.

“Hyung, what makes this so hard for you” Jungkook’s voice was hesitant, making Jimin frown slightly

What was hard?

Jimin watched Yoongi’s Adam’s apple bob as he swallowed “I… I don’t know”

“Then think” Taehyung said, drawing Jimin’s attention to him for a second before looking back at Yoongi “How did this start? Why did you not want your soulmates?”

The question made Jimin bristle, hands into his jacket pockets on instinct as he waited for Yoongi to respond

He watched Yoongi clasp his hands tightly together “I always said I wanted to choose who I ended up with.” Jimin’s throat tightened as Yoongi continued “That soulmates aren’t necessary, y’know-”

Jimin ran before he could hear the rest of what Yoongi was saying. He couldn’t take listening anymore.

He found himself running from the school, from anywhere and everywhere. He went to the gym, like he always did when he needed to deal with something. He’s not sure why but exercise, physical exertion, helped him clear his mind. It helped him think. But he really wasn’t thinking at this point, just punching the bag trying to forget Yoongi saying the things about soulmates again. His responses when Yoongi texted him were short and bitter and he might have felt bad about it if he hadn’t heard the elder earlier. It left a sour taste in his mouth which only made him think about things he was sure he buried deep in the darkest recesses of his mind and he found himself hitting harder than before.

He wasn’t sure how long he’d been there, how long he’d been abusing the poor punching nag, but his hands hurt and he was breathless but he couldn’t bring himself to stop until he heard an awkward cough behind him. he paused, letting the beg bump into him lightly, he took a breath before turning to look at whomever caught his attention. He’s not sure why he was so shocked to see Yoongi standing there, hands shoved into his jean pockets, shoulders hunched in an oddly endearing way, and – wow – Min Yoongi really was full of surprises because what the is he doing here?

“Yoongi Hyung?” Jimin frowned, tilting his head to the side trying to read the expression on his face “What’re you doing here” he didn’t even try to hide the bite in his words

Yoongi flinched slightly “I’m not sure to be honestly” he shrugged “I guess I came to check on you. Are you ok?”

“I already said I was fine” Jimin rolled his eyes walking over to his water bottle on wobbly legs “What? Did Taehyung or Jungkook put you up to this?”

“No” Yoongi shook his head “I came on my own”

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows “Why?”

“Because I was worried about you” Yoongi shot back

Jimin blinked, pausing to take a gulp of water “Thanks I guess” he sighed “I’m fine hyung, just in a bad mood”

“Wanna talk about it?”

“No”

Yoongi nodded shifting his weight from one foot to the other

“Hyung” Jimin mumbled hesitantly, waiting until Yoongi looked him in the eye “How do you feel about me?” he asked, voice small, barely audible

But the way Yoongi’s eyes widened slightly showed him that he heard him. he watched Yoongi hesitate, and he found it kind of comical how Yoongi’s mouth opened and closed a few times, gaping at him like a fish out of water

“I…”

“Never mind Hyung, I get it” Jimin interrupted with a bitter chuckle, shaking his head “It’s fine, I know already that you don’t feel the same about me.”

“No, I-” Yoongi stuttered “Jimin I-”

“I know already hyung, you didn’t want me” Jimin smiled down at his shoe feeling bile rise in his throat “Hey, I’m gonna have to cancel getting ice cream on Saturday, okay?”  and with that he grabbed is bag and pushed past Yoongi without another word, walking out of the gym as quickly as he could.

He was already half a block away by the time Yoongi caught up with him, swiftly grabbing his wrist.

“Jimin wait you don’t-”

“Yoongi please stop.” Jimin sniffed not looking up from the ground “I know you didn’t want to meet me, ok? I know you wanted to choose who you dated, I know you think soulmates are stupid. I’m sorry I’m such a burden Yoongi, you don’t have to act like you like me it’s fine. You don’t have to lie to me, I get it, I really do. You can do whatever you want, just stop leading me on. Stop making me think that you might like me back, please.” Jimin let his tears fall not caring how ridiculous he probably looked to Yoongi. “I’m done, ok? I’ll leave you alone. I’m sorry”

He tugged his arm free from Yoongi’s grasped and turned to leave

“Jimin wait” Yoongi’s voice was shaking “You don’t get it. I do want to be with you”

Jimin laughed under his breath “Liar” and with that he was gone

--

He pretended he didn’t see Yoongi spamming his message box, pretended to not notice Yoongi calling him at least four separate times, ignored everyone else trying to contact him. At one point he just turned his phone off and shoved it under his pillow, not willing to deal with anyone at that point of the day.

“Jimin what the hell?” Taehyung exclaimed bursting into his room and yanking the blanket off Jimin’s body

Jimin groaned quickly wiping his damp cheek with his t-shirt “What do you mean ‘what the hell’ Taehyung?” he asked watching Jungkook shuffle in

“He means” Jungkook sighed, crossing his arms “What the actual Hyung”

“What the happened today?” Taehyung asked, obviously bewildered

Jimin shrugged reaching to wrap the blanket around himself

“Don’t shrug” Jungkook scolded “Y’know Yoongi hyung’s kinda a mess right now, he’s just staring blankly at Hoseok hyung’s wall waiting for you to respond”

“Yeah well I’m not much better” Jimin spat “Why don’t you worry about me ever, huh? It’s always about Yoongi hyung”

“You’re the one that started this asshat” Taehyung frowned plopping himself down on Jimin’s bed, pulling Jungkook down with him “We’re trying to understand what happened”

“He doesn’t want me” Jimin said after a heavy silence “He never wanted me, no one ever does”

Jungkook stiffened as Taehyung’s head snapped to stare at the elder with wide eyes

“What the actual ing hell are you talking about?” Jungkook snapped

Jimin sighed playing the hem of his t-shirt under the blanket “You know what today is, don’t you?” he paused, swallowing thickly not waiting for a response “It’s the anniversary of the day my mom left us, she didn’t want me, Yoongi hyung never wanted me. You guys have each other, you two are ok without me-”

“Stop right there” Taehyung stumbled clamping his hand over Jimin’s mouth “We want you. The hyungs want you, your dad wants you. Jihyun wants you. Yoongi hyung wants you.”

Jimin shook his head “Yoongi doesn’t” he protested

“Yes he ing does” Jungkook told him “Tell me, Jimin, did he actually tell you that or did you just assume?”

“He told you didn’t he?!” Jimin accused “Today in the classroom, he said he didn’t want his soulmates, didn’t he?”

Jungkook scowled “No, you idiot of a hyung” he half snarled “He told us he’s in love with you! And I don’t ever want to hear you say you’re unwanted, do you hear me? Never again.”

“You’re being an idiot Jimin” Taehyung put in quietly, reaching for Jimin’s hand under the blanket “You should stop assuming , ok?”

Jimin stayed quiet letting Taehyung take his hand as he sobbed quietly to himself.

--

“I’m going back to Busan” Jimin sighed throwing his arm over his eyes feeling his soulmates both shift on either side of him

“Excuse me?” Taehyung scoffed

Jimin shrugged “It’s only for a few days” He chuckled slightly “Don’t worry, I’m not leaving you guys just randomly”

“Why’re you going back? Jungkook asked hesitantly “Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

Jimin snorted “I’ll be fine. We’re just visiting my grandparents for the weekend”

“Should I come with you?” Jungkook gulped

Jimin shook his head

“What about me?” Taehyung turned to look at Jimin

“Nah, I’m fine” Jimin chuckled “I’ll just stay inside the whole time or wear a mask when I go out or something”

“When are you leaving?” Jungkook coughed

“in the morning”

“That soon, huh?” Taehyung commented, earning a nod in resonse

“Just stay safe, ok hyung?” Jungkook sighed

“I will” Jimin nodded tiredly

And silence engulfed them again, not uncomfortably just – slightly eerie.

“Jiminie?” Taehyung whispered

“Yeah?”

“Are you gonna talk to Yoongi hyung?” he asked, locking his phone “Jin hyung said he’s still waiting for your reply”

Jimin deflated slightly, squinting at the ceiling as he moved his arm “I don’t know.”

“Maybe you should call him while you’re in Busan” Jungkook suggested “That way you won’t have to look him in the eye”

“Maybe”

--

When Yoongi heard his text tone he was praying to whatever god there was that it was Jimin, but his hopes were quickly crushed when he saw his sister’s name displayed on his screen

From: Yun Seo

Yoongi, code red

From: Min Swaggy

What

 From: Yun Seo

Dad’s home

And with that, Yoongi’s blood ran cold, and if he wasn’t shaking before, he sure as hell was now

 

 

=======================================
=======================================

Idk angst requested by literally everyone

Honestly it's amazing how much Isaac Newton inspires me to write?? 
i literally wrote all of this after taking a test about him lmao why am i like this

Comment and tell me how i did! i haven't written angst in almost ayear so idk if this was acceptable!