Video Evidence

Warming Up

"Yoongi, you need to calm down” Jin sighed, slowing his pace once he caught up

Yoongi shook his head, left eye twitching. His knuckles turning white from how hard his fists were clenched and Jin’s pretty sure his nails are gonna cut his palms if he doesn’t relax

The elder sighed, placing his hand gently on Yoongi’s shoulder. “Yoongi you just had your stiches removed, you need to relax” Yoongi didn’t respond, he just kept walking briskly away from the park “Min Yoongi!”

“What the is their problem?!” Yoongi lisped, throwing his hands up as soon as they turned the corner, glad that there was no one else on the side street “Where do they get off thinking they get to say what’s best for me, huh? Why the does it matter that Jimin’s a boy, what the . What the ”

“You’re right, you’re right Yoongi. It’s up to you, you know what’s best for yourself. I don’t know what their problem is” Jin sighed, hand moving to rub Yoongi’s back “But you need to relax, calm down a little. Yoongi, you’re shaking, take a breath.”

And Yoongi does, a slow shaky deep breath that doesn’t really seem to do anything but make him tense up more. He’s trembling at this point and he’s not sure if it’s from anger or the confrontation in general, or if it’s adrenaline and he knows Jin can feel it – but he’s not going to cry. He refuses to cry in front of him – in front of anyone. It’s just the anxiety releasing, that’s it, that’s all it is.

“What kinda old fashioned thinking is that?” he continues “Like yeah, sure they’re worried, great. I appreciate it. But like what the . So what if Jimin’s a boy? So what if I finally ing started going out with him. So what if I ing love him. So what? Who gives a damn? Apparently ing everyone because it’s everyone’s business.” He was ranting at this point “Whether if it’s you guys trying to make sure that we’re ok – which we are and we can work things by our self’s thanks. Or my siblings who don’t ing care if I’m happy as long as I stay away from my soulmates, especially now that they know Jimin’s a dude but whatever. Just whatever. I don’t give a .” He did give a “You know what? they can’t control me. It’s not up to them. It’s not up anyone. They don’t scare me. Nobody scares me” that’s a lie “And – and!” he’s tearing up

“Yoongi, shhhh” Jin eased “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. It’s ok, you’ll be ok. Everything’s going to work out, I’m sorry Yoongi.” He knew now was one of those times where the most he could get away with was his hand on the younger’s shoulder.  “Listen, you’ll survive. You always survive no matter what. You’ll be alright.”

“I need to do something” Yoongi said taking a few steps “Jin we need to do something, anything. Let’s like dye my hair or eat or something”

Jin chuckled lightly “You just dyed it last night” Yoongi shrugged “Let’s eat something and then we’ll see”

“Yeah,” Yoongi nodded, letting Jin steer him toward a main road “Let’s eat and we’ll see”

--

If Jin noticed that he was still shaking while he ate the fries he bought to share, he didn’t mention it. Which Yoongi was grateful for, really. It had taken at least five minutes for him to unclench his hands and he knows the little indents his blunt nails left on his palms are slowly purpling but he ignores it, just glad he didn’t draw blood because Jin would be all over him if it did. He ignores the worried glances his friend sends him from across the table, and he pretends like he hasn’t been eating the same fry for the past three minutes.

It’s unsettling, how his phone keeps vibrating, indicating that he’s getting spammed with messages. And he could feel Jin’s doing the same from its spot placed on the table top.

“Group chat” Jin said simply, noticing how Yoongi was eyeing his phone “They’re probably all just trying to find out how it went and telling you they’re proud of you and whatever.”

Yoongi nodded “Oh” he sighed, taking a sip from his drink

“Also I sent a video of you yelling at your sister so there’s that” Jin laughed quietly

Yoongi coughed, bringing a napkin to his mouth to not spit his drink “You what?” he croaked

“You were bad ” Jin shrugged “I bet Tae’s fangirling over you right now”

“Fangirling?” Yoongi chuckled

“Everyone’s a fangirl” Jin shrugged “Everyone”

Yoongi blinked “Okay” he drawled popping the rest of his fry into his mouth and fishing his phone out from his pocket “Let’s see this fangirling”

Jin laughed, loudly earning a few head turns but it didn’t matter

Yoongi scrolled to the top until he saw Jin’s video message, clicking it.

The video was shaky, but Yoongi could unmistakably see himself sitting on a swing, his sister staring at him with wide eyes.

‘Screw you both. I deserve to be happy too, Jimin deserves to be happy. I can trust him – you don’t need to worry about that. He spent over half a year just happy being my friend and he makes me happy ok?’

The video cut off after that. Barely 10 seconds of blurry video and wow that’s a lot of texts. While Yoongi was scrolling it was – in fact – mostly Taehyung just keyboard smashing which actually made Yoongi laugh. He felt better, seeing his friends telling him they were proud of him, seeing Taehyung literally just ‘fangirling’ over him and Jungkook – wow he didn’t even know Jungkook knew what emojies were let alone how to use them. But out of all the messages he didn’t see one from who he was actually looking for.

“He hasn’t said anything yet, has he?” Jin asked, stirring his soda with his straw “I can see it on your face”

Yoongi shrugged, putting his phone down after sending a quick thanks to the chat. “It says he hasn’t even seen it so…”

“I bet he’ll cry” Jin grinned “But like happy crying. That’s what he did when we talked to him earlier today”

“I don’t want Jimin to cry” Yoongi shook his head “I can’t understand the concept of crying, like at all”

“You feel a strong emotion and water falls from your eyes”

Yoongi kicked his shin from under the table “I know what it is” he rolled his eyes

Jin just laughed as if he weren’t kicked, and Yoongi just sighed grabbing another fry from the basket

“Let’s dye my hair” he said, changing the subject

Jin cocked his head to the side “Again?”

“Yeah, the browns bugging me” Yoongi sighed “Maybe I should have my natural black hair again”

“After like what seven years?” Jin practically gawked “You want your natural hair back after so long?”

“Yeah” Yoongi nodded “Yeah I think so.”

“Why”

“Because it’s different” Yoongi shrugged “I’ve had blonde, brown, blue, green, pink, and hell I even had red for a while. Black is the only color I haven’t had by choice”

“Maybe it’ll give your scalp a break for a little while” Jin chuckled “I hope”

“Maybe”

--

“Oh god I know I’ve been doing this with you for years but the smell gets me every time” Jin laughed, massaging the dark liquid into Yoongi’s hair

Yoongi chuckled glancing at Jin’s reflection in the mirror “You should be used to it by now” looking back down at the dye packaging

“Why don’t you do this professionally?” Jin asked “Why do you always dye it from home?”

“Money” Yoongi shrugged “This costs like $15 at most where if I get it professionally it’s in over a hundred. I don’t have enough money”

“Fair” Jin nodded “But lame”

“Right?”

Jin’s front door opened suddenly, no knock no doorbell, just opened and in walked Taehyung with his cellphone pressed to the side of his face, Yoongi raised an eyebrow at Jin who just shrugged. He didn’t ask – its not like his friends ever knocked when they came to his house.

“Yeah, I just got to Jin hyung’s house he’s-” he glanced over at Yoongi sitting in a kitchen chair and Jin with his gloved hand on his head, cutting off his own sentence to stare at them “What’re you two hyungs doing?”

“Dying hair?” Jin cocked his head to the side, phrasing it like a question

Taehyung blinked “Again?”

“What are you doing Tae?” Yoongi asked rolling his eyes

Taehyung paused, mouth opening as if he just remembered he was on the phone “Oh – oh! Sorry Jimin I got distracted by our boyfriends. Yeah they’re being weird again”

“We’re being weird?” Jin scoffed “This is normal for us”

“For you” Taehyung repeated “Now shush Jimin’s the most important person right now”

Yoongi had frozen in his spot the first time he’d heard Jimin’s name – he shook his head slightly to knock himself from the mild daze “Isn’t he always the most important?”

Jin laughed to himself muttering a quiet “You’re gross”

“Jiminie – Yoongi hyung just gave me a cavity” Taehyung paused to laugh “Well he’s being really sweet about you that’s how”

“Yah! Don’t tell him” Yoongi whined, letting Jin finish squirting the hair dye into his hair before slumping into the chair “I aint soft” he answered the unsaid question, glancing over to see Jin throw the gloves into the trashcan

“It’s fine” Taehyung grinned “Jimin just said ur cute”

“I aint cute” Yoongi scoffed “Shut up”

“Ah – oh – aw” Taehyung stuttered “Are you sure bro? Ok, bye Minie” he sighed, putting his phone down “He had to go eat” he pouted

“Sad” Yoongi deadpanned rolling his neck to the side, honestly he was a little sad but there’s nothing he can do as long as Jimin’s eating

“Hyung, you know how to bleach your hair without damaging it right?” Taehyung asked

“Yeah?”

“How are you at cutting it?”

“I’m ok” Yoongi shrugged “Why you want me to do your hair or somethin’?”

“Yes” Taehyung nodded “Jin hyung’s too”

“Wait what?” Jin blinked, glancing over from the refrigerator “My hair?”

Taehyung just grinned, sending a wink toward his boyfriend before turning back to Yoongi “I have plans, do you think you can do them?”

 “Maybe” Yoongi shrugged “I can try but don’t kill me if I up”

Taehyung clapped his hands together jumping happily in place “Make me a list, I’ll get what you need”

Yoongi blinked for a second, searching his memory for what he’ll need before grabbing his phone and texting a short list to Taehyung.

--

“You would not believe how hard it was to find this stuff” Taehyung sighed setting the grocery bags on the coffee table before flopping onto the couch two hours after he’d left the two eldest “Aw Yoongi hyung you’re wearing a hat I wanted to see your new hair” he whined, reaching up to tug at Yoongi’s gray beanie

Yoongi rolled his eyes, swatting his hand away “You’ll see it eventually, now do you want me to do your hair or not?”

Taehyung jumped up from the couch, skipping over to the chair Yoongi was sitting in earlier “Mine and Jin hyung’s don’t forget”

“Yeah, yeah” Yoongi chuckled “Whatever”

--

It took four hours to get both Taehyung and Jin’s hair bleached and sealed and another half to add the light pink hair dye Taehyung had bought for Jin’s hair (not that either of them told the elder what was going in his hair) and Taehyung’s hair cut before Yoongi was able to take a break from the two

“You’re really cool hyung” Taehyung grinned staring at his reflection “Being able to do this”

Yoongi shrugged cracking open a can of ginger ale “I’ve been doing my own hair since I was thirteen, it’s just practice”

“Ok, yeah that’s all well and good” Jin frowned from his chair, crossing his arms “But can you guys please tell what you’re doing to my hair”

“Nothing bad” Yoongi chuckled

“You’ll like it” Taehyung assured “Don’t worry hyung”

“Actually” Yoongi said, glancing at the clock over Jin’s stove top “You can go wash that out now, don’t look until it’s dry though”

Jin practically bounced out of his chair, half sprinting into the restroom and it took less than a minute for the shower to start running, leaving Taehyung laughing in the kitchen.

There was a pause, as Taehyung calmed down from laughing while Yoongi just took small sips from his soda. Taehyung sat down, facing Yoongi and leaning onto the table slightly

“You ok?” he asked slowly

Yoongi grunted, putting the can down and looked back at the younger

Taehyung sighed “The video – it seemed rough” he said, carefully choosing his words “How are you doing?”

“When your family found out about Jin, how’d they react?” Yoongi questioned instead

“Oh, well they were happy for me” Taehyung blinked “Even my older brother, it was nice”

“No I mean like-” Yoongi rolled his wrist, trying to find the words “How’d they react when they found out he was y’know a he”

Taehyung paused, seemingly taken aback “Wait like, how’d they take the fact that my soulmate was my hyung and not like – my noona?”

“Yeah” Yoongi nodded with a sigh “Yeah that”

“I mean; they were surprised” Taehyung shrugged “But they were fine with it”

“That’s good” Yoongi smiled slightly “I’m glad”

Taehyung frowned, squinting at him quizzically “Can I ask… why?”

Yoongi hesitated before letting out a long drawn out breath “They don’t like soulmates in general” he said, voice small “They hate the fact that soulmates can be the same even more, apparently”

“Oh, Hyung” Taehyung whispered sympathetically, brow creasing “I’m sorry”

“It’s fine” he sighed “I love Jimin so it doesn’t matter what they think”

“If need be I’ll fight them” Taehyung jokingly lifted his fists in the air

Yoongi laughed, covering his mouth with his hand as he leaned back in his chair. He jokes that he doesn’t like Taehyung, jokes that he’s annoying and that he could do without his outgoing personality but really, the boy does make him feel better when he needs. He can tell that Taehyung cares even if he’s covering it with bad humor.

“Thanks” he smiled “I’m sure you’d win, kid”

“I could” Taehyung grinned widely “You don’t know my abilities”

Yoongi chuckled in response, rolling his eyes as he gulped down the rest of his drink

“We’re proud of you y’know” Taehyung sighed after a moment “Kookie and I watched the video together and he threw his hands up in a victory pose after watching it, and I couldn’t stop smiling, and we could tell that it was rough but – hyung, you put Jimin first and that was something we never thought we’d see” he smiled humbly at Yoongi “We were so proud of you hyung. And when Jimin called earlier we was actually crying like it took me twenty minutes to get him to just sniffling”

Yoongi ducked his head, blush rising up his neck “Sorry” he mumbled

“But he was so happy hyung” Taehyung continued “Like he told me he was so shocked that he had to stare at a wall for a while before calling me and crying and I don’t know hyung but thank you for doing that and I’m sorry your siblings took it the way they did”

Yoongi chuckled, honestly he was just relieved, felt like a ton of bricks were lifted from his chest. There was just one last thing he needed to do before he could completely relax.

“To be honest it went better than expected” he shrugged “I expected to be slapped”

Taehyung gaped at him, obviously taken aback and Yoongi just shrugged, ruffling Taehyung’s newly blonde hair as he made his way to the fridge grabbing another can and cracking it open.

“The !” Jin half shrieked “It’s pink! You guys dyed my hair pink!”

“Yup” Yoongi called back “How do ya like it?”

“I love you guys” was all the response they got

“What color is yours hyung?” Taehyung asked quirking an eyebrow “You’ve been wearing that beanie the whole time”

Yoongi shrugged “It’s back to natural”

“Natural?” Taehyung blinked “I’ve never seen you in natural – you mean like black right?”

 “Back to black” Yoongi nodded “I forgot what it looked like on me”

They laughed as a series of pings went off on Yoongi’s phone and he glanced down

“So apparently Hoseok ed his hair up” Yoongi blinked staring down at his phone before turning it to show a series of selfies with Hoseok pouting at the camera running his hand through his now orange hair “How did he it up already?” he scoffed to himself “I just did it yesterday”

“Hope that doesn’t happen to my hair” Taehyung joked

Yoongi rolled his eyes fitting back in his chair as Jin walked back into the area without a shirt and a towel around his neck, Yoongi glanced up and scoffed loudly

“Nice scratch marks” he said “Wonder how you got them”

“Shut up” Jin rolled his eyes as Taehyung looked up at the corner of the room and Yoongi just laughed 

------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

SON OF A ING BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS ED ME THE UP WHAT THE ITY LITERALLY I'M IN PAIN MY YOONMIN IS LIT, MY TAEJIN IS REVIVED THAT WAS SOME GOOD SHT WINGS IS ACTUALLY PERFECTION I CANT EVEN CYPHER PART 4 HELL YEAH ok i'm rambling i'm sorry lmao but seriously it ed me right up man 

Comment and let me know how you felt about this chapter, and the or the story in general!! I love all your comments, they all make me feel so happy when i see them!! (i'm sorry i never respond) love you guys