Awkwardness

The First & The Last

"H-hello, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany smiled nervously. 'Omo, ottoke? Ottoke?'

"Hi." Taeyeon replied shortly without looking at her.

"So.. We need to organize the farewell party."

"Yes." he responded in a very cold tone.

 

His attitude obviously hurt Tiffany's feelings. She took a deep breath as she tried her best not to break into tears.

"Should we ask the teacher what we must do first?"

"I guess so." then he started walking out of the class, leaving Tiffany behind.

She followed him with her head down. Her feelings were complicatedly mixed.

She felt mad and disappointed at Taeyeon's coldness, but also felt guilty for what she had said to him.

She kept blaming herself everytime she stared at his cold and hurt expression.

 

They kept walking in an uncomfortable silence before arriving at the teacher's room.

"Excuse me, sonsaengnim." Taeyeon knocked the door.

"Come in, Mr. Kim." Mr. Kwon's voice could be heard from inside.

Then Tiffany and Taeyeon entered the room.

Mr. Kwon gave them some instructions and told them what they had to prepare and organize for the party.

".. That's what you need to prepare. The party will be held on next Friday, just a day before your graduation day. So I hope in this short time you can do your best. I'm counting on you two." Mr. Kwon said as he handed some files to Taeyeon.

"Any question?"

"No, thank you, Mr. Kwon. Excuse us." the two bowed to him before leaving the room.

 

They walked back to the classroom in an awkward silence. Both tried to make a conversation but didn't know what to say.

"So--" they said at the same time.

Tiffany looked away while Taeyeon just sighed. There went another silence along the empty corridor.

The distance to the class felt so far.

"We have to make a planning first." Taeyeon broke the silence. Meanwhile Tiffany was secretly smiling when she heard Taeyeon finally talked to her, although it was about the work.

"And we have to decide the theme of the party." she replied enthusiastically.

"Then the class should be divided into teams. The decorating teams, the promoting, the performer.." he continued.

Little did he know, Tiffany wasn't listening, but only staring at him.

She was admiring the face that she loved, which she had been missing badly. She didn't hear what he was saying as she lost in her own world.

 

".. Do you understand?" he asked, startling her. Tiffany was caught off-guarded.

"I-I do." she stuttered.

"I know you don't, Tiffany Hwang." he sighed.

She was surprised that Taeyeon could pronounce her name perfectly. 'Guess the US had influenced him.'

"I'm sorry." she said apologetically and he just nodded in response.

 

Eventually they reached the classroom and immediately started working.

They were sitting face-to-face, but it was a total silence between the two.

The only things could be heard were their scribbling sound, and the clock's tick tock.

 

Tiffany felt extremely uncomfortable. She even found it hard to breathe with the overhelming awkward atmosphere around them.

One was filled with guilt, the other seemed hurt.

She shifted a bit and unintentionally dropped her pen. She bent down to take it and so did Taeyeon.

Her hand accidentally touched his. She gasped before quickly pulling her hand.

"S-sorry."

He just nodded as he handed the pen.

"Thank you." she smiled.

Once again he just nodded as he turned his attention back to the papers.

 

 

 

They had been working for about 2 hours and it was already 5PM.

Taeyeon stood up and did some stretching as he cracked his knucke while walking around the class.

"We need to go home." he said to Tiffany, who was still having her eyes on the papers and proposals. "We'll continue this tomorrow, we still have a week."

"Okay. But Taeyeon-ah, I don't understand this one." Tiffany pointed at the paper she held.

"Which one?" he bent down and read the paper from behind Tiffany. His face was right beside hers.

Tiffany could feel his warmth and instantly blushed. Her heart started beating faster.

"T-t-this o-one." she shakily pointed.

"That one?" he asked, turning his head to Tiffany. Their faces were now facing each other with only inches apart.

Tiffany was holding her breath and she could hear her heart beating rapidly as she stared at his eyes.

But much to her disappointment, he pulled away.

"Sorry." he muttered.

"I-it's okay." 'I like it, pabo.'

 

"Just leave it for now. I'll finish that one tomorrow." he said as he took his bag.

"Okay." she replied and started packing her stuffs.

They walked out of the school building with the same awkward, heavy silence between them.

"So.. See you tomorrow, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany said when they finally reached the gate.

 

He just nodded expressionlessly.

Tiffany sighed heavily before starting to walk through the gate.

She felt her heart was tightened. She missed Taeyeon.

Even if she wasn't meant to be with him, she didn't want to be in a bad relationship with him.

She didn't want to lose him.

 

"Taeyeon-ah!" she turned back, facing him.

"Y-you know you don't have to be that cold.." she smilingly said.

But her heart couldn't lie as tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"Tiffany.." he muttered softly. His cold expression was slowly melted and replaced with a concerned face.

"S-sorry, just forget what I've said." she quickly wiped her tears and ran away before Taeyeon could say a thing.

When she was crossing the road she heard a loud screech of wheels.

 

 

"PANI-AH!"

 

And the next thing she knew was something hit her hardly..

 

 

 


Should I kill Taeyeon or Tiffany?

Wait, they are my lovely biases.

I'll just kill myself. *loading gun*

I'm a cliffhanger :3

I'm a bad author

.. And I still have to face 5 more try outs. *pulling trigger*

*BANG!*

.. i'm dead .__.

 

Stay tuned! :D

 

The more comments&subscribes I get, the faster update you'll get! ^^

Spread the love~~~~ <3