His Voice, Jaw Dropping, and Sunbaenim

The First & The Last

"Pani-ah?"

His voice.

Am I dreaming?

 

I checked the caller ID and it was written: TaeTae.

It's really him.

I immediately sat upright as I felt excited, but my feelings were mixed.

A part of me was still hurt and disappointed at him for leaving, but another part was jumping in joy of hearing his voice again.

 

"Pani-ah, am I disturbing you? Sorry, I totally forget about the time difference. I've arrived in the States." he said apologetically with his soft, soothing voice.

"No, no. It's okay, Tae." I miss you.

"Actually I want to apologize to you, Pani-ah. I didn't even say a word to you before I left."

 

He still cares. I thought to myself and unconsciously smiled.

"Well, what can you do about it? I was passing out, you know. So how's the US?"

"I totally look like a lost country boy here." he said shyly.

"Why is that?"

"Everything is just so amazing to me. The huge airport, the tall building, the blonde people.."

Then he told me everything he had been through since he arrived there.

I could see he was grinning dorkily though we talked through phone. His voice was just too honest.

I enjoyed listening to him too much until I didn't realize that the sun had already risen.

 

".. And I arrived here, in the school where I would be having basketball practice. Pani-ah, it's late here so I'm sure it's already morning there. I'll hang up so you can go preparing for school, okay?"

 

No, I'd rather listen to your voice than go to school.

"I don't wantchuu~~"

"Aigoo, since when Tiffany Hwang has so much aegyo?" he chuckled.

 

Since I fell for you..

 

"Now be a good girl, Pani-ah. Don't be late for school and please say my hi to Soo and Sica."

"Yes, sir. You better get some sleep, Tae. Sweet dream~"

"Okay, okay. Have a nice day, Pani-ah. Good night."

I half-heartedly said bye to him before hanging up.

I quickly took a shower and got myself ready for school, then bid goodbye to my dad and went to school.

 

I arrived at school and soon as the students saw me, they started whispering to each other.

"Who is that girl?" a girl asked to her friend who just shook her head. "Maybe she's new."

"Omo, she's so hot!" a bunch of boys said bluntly.

 

I felt like I was being the center of attention, and it was totally uncomfortable. Really.

They followed me as they stared at me like I was some kind of alien.

The girls kept wondering and whispering while the boys whistled and some of them looked like they were about to drool.

Did they really not recognize me?

I meant, I was the infamous Nerd Hwang who was disliked by everyone.

Wow, I had to admit that Jessi's make over was truly a daebak.

I kept my head down and walked faster to the class.

 

"Jessi!" I called my best friend as I saw her.

She looked at me blankly for a few seconds before some sense knocked her head.

"Hi! Aigoo, I'm still not used with the new you." she smiled as I sat beside her.

 

Just then Taecyeon and his gang approached us with their erted, sly smile.

"Hi, hi, beautiful girl~" he sat on my table and winked to me. I felt like puking. Ewww.

"Err.. Hi?" I smiled awkwardly to him.

"You're so cute~ so Sica baby, you finally ditch that Nerd Hwang, huh?" he smirked.

I felt like slapping him now.

"You have three mistakes, Taecyeon-ssi. First, I'm NOT your baby. Second, I would NEVER ever ditch my best friend. And last, she's not a nerd, but a GENIUS. Let's get out of here, Tiff." Jessica sent deadly glare to him as she pulled me to get out of the classroom, leaving him and his gang dumbfoundedly.

"Wait! 'Tiff'? What's your name, hottie?" he asked me when I reached the door.

"It's Tiffany Hwang, Taecyeon-ssi. You may add 'genius' but I prefer Tiffany." I put an emphasize on my name.

I almost bursted out laughing when I saw his jaw was dropped like an idiot. Wait, he was an idiot.

"Hwang.. As in Nerd Hwang?" he asked in disbelief, still not blinking.

"Yes, but I prefer genius to nerd. Nice to see you." I said sarcastically and beamed my eyesmiles.

He was totally speechless and couldn't do nothing but swoon. Two of his friends even fainted.

Wow, those eyesmiles were surely deadly weapons.

 

Jessica and I decided to walk around the school and had some fun before the class started.

Oh my gosh, it was just so entertaining.

I was really satisfied watching those shocked faces with their eyes popped open and their jaw dropped whenever I mentioned my name.

That rich, spoiled Choi Siwon boy had the similar reaction with Taecyeon too. It was totally priceless!

 

*RIINNGG!!!!*

"Oops, we better run to class, Tiff. Or else that old Mr. Kwon will choke us with his poisonous ma." Jessica said as she started sprinting.

"Yeah, that ma seriously smells horrible." I started running too, ignoring the whistling and calling.

The ma we were mentioning was our teacher's favorite drink. He always brought it whenever he taught a class.

And believe me, it had an extremely terrible smell, like bitter old chinese medicines. Ewww.

 

Finally we arrived in front of the class and Jessica immediately opened the door.

I saw a tanned man in his middle 20s was standing in front of the class, holding a bottle filled with blackish green liquid.

Mr. Kwon and his beloved ma, slowly turning his head to our direction.

Uh-oh, we're dead meat.

I was ready for his yelling like usual, but he furrowed his eyebrows instead of yelling.

 

"You're late, Miss Jung." he stated in low voice.

"Yea, but I--"

"Save your excuses for later, Ms. Jung. Now who is that lovely lady behind you?" he tilted his head to get a better view of.. Me?

"I'm.. Tiffany Hwang?" I said as I smiled sheepishly.

"Oh yeah sure, now can I get your num-- WHAT?!"

Okay, correction. He did yell. He pointed at me and gave the class 'Is-that-true-or-am-I-just-being-fooled?' look.

The class nodded their heads understandingly as most of them had the same reaction like him.

He cleared his throat before continuing. "I-I mean, you're late, Ms. Hwang. Now go to your seat."

 

We went to our seat and saw Sooyoung was already on his own seat.

Soon as he saw Jessica his face lit up and he quickly put black glasses on.

"O-kay, now what are you doing?" Jessica asked as she crossed her arms.

"Wearing black glasses?" he asked back.

"In the class?" Jessica looked at him like he was a dumb person.

"Yepp, because your smile is just so bright that it can blind my eyes!" he smiled and the class went "awww" at his cheesiness.

"Oh shut up." Jessica rolled her eyes but I could see she was slightly blushing.

"Aww. So sweet. Now if you don't mind, I have to start the class." Mr. Kwon said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes and started writing boring things on the whiteboard.

 

Soon I lost in my own world.

I stared at the vacant seat three rows behind me.

Sigh.

What is he doing right now?

What does he think about me?

Does he really like Sunny?

Do I really have a chance?

 

"Hey, Tiff?" Jessica nudged me.

"Yeah?"

"Let's sleep."

"My pleasure." I giggled and put my head above my arms on the table.

 

Finally the class was over. I went to my locker and opened it.

My jaw was practically dropped as I saw the locker was full of letters and gifts.

 

"Wow, seems I got a rival here." Jessica chuckled as she opened her locker which was full, just like mine.

"Umm.. What should I do with those, Jess?"

"Take it, read it or not, but don't throw it away. Every single thing contains a person's feelings, we have to appreciate it." she said without looking at me as she tidied her locker.

"Wow, you're a pro, Jess." I giggled and started gathering the letters and gifts.

"Tell me about it. Are you done?" I nodded in reply.

"Great, let's go home." she smiled as she linked our arms.

 

Just when I was about to take a step I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned and soon as I recognized the person my heart felt heavy and pain throbbed.

 

"Sunny sunbaenim?" I tried my best to give her a happy face. TaeTae's girlfriend..

"Ah yes, Tiffany Hwang, isn't it?" she smiled. I simply nodded and smiled back.

I tried to be as polite as I could, though she's shorter than me, still she's my senior.

"Just call me unnie, I don't like too much formality." she stretched her hand and I shook it.

This girl had a really bright atmosphere around her that weirdly made her looked like a bunny. Every little move she did seemed cheerful and fullof aegyo.

The title "Aegyo Queen" surely fit her.

"Can I help you, Sunny unnie?" Sunny looked at me hesitantly and moved her gaze to Jessica then back to me again.

Jessica immediately got her point and left us.

"I'll see you at the gate, Tiff." she waved and I waved back.

 

I turned to Sunny again.

"So what is it, unnie?"

"Ah, yes. Let me get straight to the point. Can you do me a favor, Tiffany?" she smiled sweetly and beamed her eyesmiles.

Hmph, mine were better.

"Sure, what is it, unnie?"

 

"Stay away from my Taeyeon."

 

 


AN UPDATE~~ XD

Finally .___. please understand, school is really killing, dude. KILLING, I tell you! DX 

And when I was studying in the midnight, a rat jumped onto my desk.

Can you imagine how I was freakin' out? .__.

- gonna go crazy soon *sob*

So~ another dundundun moments and I just can't stop hanging those :3 please don't kill me ._.

Please do comment and subscribe! It motivates me to work harder ^^ I really loooove it! :3

Spread the joy~ <3