Think Amber, THINK!

Amber - Borders (Book of Dawn)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s pov

 

Tiffany immediately scooted back and stood frozen next to Yuri.

 

Unnie glared at her beadily, shook her head and went to wash her hands with soap and water at the tap near to where I was sitting. She took my wounded hand, rinsed the cut with cool water to remove dirt and debris. She held the area under running water, used soap to clean the wound.

 

She explained, “You don't need to use stronger cleaning solutions, such as hydrogen peroxide, iodine, or rubbing alcohol to treat minor cuts and scrapes like this, as they may irritate the wound. Cool clean water should be fine for cleaning the wound.”

 

Tiffany looked down in shame and eyed blankly at my other wound on another hand that was still bleeding.

 

As if Unnie had eyes on her back, she took a deep breathe as if fighting over something terribly uncomfortable, she braced herself and continued to share while dressing me, “A small amount of blood can help clean out the wound. Smaller cuts and abrasions usually stop bleeding on their own. A cut to the head or hand may bleed more because those areas have a lot of blood vessels.

 

To stop the bleeding, gently apply firm, direct pressure using a clean cloth or gauze. Continue to hold the pressure steadily.”

 

Unnie’s hands shook a little while dressing my bleeding hands. She then quickly signalled Tiffany to continue to apply pressure on me while she proceeded with other stuff. Tiffany attended to me nimbly and did as told.

 

Blood was seeping through the dressing and Tiffany was about to raise the to check on my wound when Unnie took another deeper breathe, turned to back face us and instructed again, “Don’t raise the cloth or gauze to check on the wound, because that could cause the wound to start bleeding again.”

 

Tiffany wanted to say something but Unnie butted in ,” If blood seeps through the dressing, just put more on top and keep applying pressure. If the cut is on hands or arms, can slow the bleeding by raising it above patient’s head.”

 

I quickly raised my bleeding hand in the air.

 

Tiffany wowed in amazement and asked, “With you around, there is no need to have a doctor!”

 

Unnie shook her head and answered,” Most minor cuts and abrasions don’t need a doctor's care. But do call a doctor if  the wound is on the face or the edges of the cut are jagged or gape open, the cut is deep (1/4 inch or more), or you can see fat or muscle.

 

These are signs that you may need stitches or you can't get all of the dirt or debris out of the wound, or the wound was caused by something very dirty or rusty or you have a puncture wound or a cut and haven't had a tetanus s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter