Blackness

Amber - Borders (Book of Dawn)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sica’s pov

 

The moment my back leg stepped out of the borders. I felt massive energy drained from me, I was immediately weakened, my head was spinning, my body became extremely stiff, my legs lost her only role of supporting me, they could not function properly, they gave way and I fell flat on my face. My face was cold when it came in contact with the ground that was covered with snow.  I lost control of all my limbs but struggled to summon all my strength to continue to hug baby Amber. I am losing my senses fast.

 

As if baby Amber knew that I needed help, she cried her lungs out. Her magnificent howl reverberated throughout the whole unpopulated forest. For once, I thought that if I did not did this wilful act, maybe baby Amber could live a little longer.

 

Sorry…baby  Amber….

 

Then the bushes moved and I heard a husky voice as if snickering at me, “My, my, my, the one kind that think that they are top of all other beings....”

 

My eye lids became monstrously heavy and before it closed, I saw it.

 

It’s eyes were sharp as knife, with a gaze that pierce one's soul, it was icy cold blue as if it's made of ice itself and gleamed like a sapphire in the dark. They burned with a fierce hunger.

 

 

 

 

Tears streamed out of my teary eyes, I clutched my hands to hang on to baby Amber’s clothes and I croaked and begged, “Plea..please,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter