welcome

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Dear, get up."

She furrowed her brows as she feel a light tap on her shoulder. "Hmmmngng..." She murmured and changed her position from where she was planking on her bed.

Mrs. Oh sighed and put her hands on her hips. "Get up now, you'll be late."

Seulbi groaned. "Five more minutes..."

"Get up or no Wi-Fi for one week?"

"Ugh!" Seulbi slammed her hand on her pillow as she get up instantly. Mrs. Oh smiled victoriously. "That's my girl."

Seulbi has her eyes half-closed as she was facing the table. "Mom,"

"Hmm?" Mrs. Oh answered as she descend from the stairs.

"Where's the breakfast?" And Seulbi stretched her arms sideways while yawning. "You said I'm gonna be late?"

"But it's Saturday."

At an instant, Seulbi's sleepiness was replaced by realization. "What?!" She whipped her head towards her mom's direction, "What did you wake me up for?" And she slammed her hand on her forehead because of her stupidity.

How could she even forget that it's already Saturday-her precious rest day?

"Now," Mrs. Oh gave her an apron, "help me at the kitchen."

* * * * *

If Seulbi hates cooking, cooking hates her more.

Swear, if her mother didn't threaten her that she'll be grounded from using her phone and the Wi-Fi for the whole week, she'll not even set a foot on the kitchen floor. 

She only has a slice of bread on because they're just cooking their breakfast and she's seriously hungry.

She was wondering why her mom was cooking food that's more than the serving of both of them, and that was answered when her mom told her to do something.

"Here," and she shoved container of the freshly cooked noodle soup. "Give this to our new neighbor."

"Huh?" 

"There's someone new occupying the apartment next door. We have to welcome him." Mrs. Oh said as she pour some noodles in other two separate bowl. Suppose that those are for them.

She look at the mirror beside her and scanned her whole body."Mom!" She groaned.

Yep, she's a mess who just woke up.

"I'm busy, can't you see?" Mrs. Oh told her daughter with a stern look. Seulbi can't do anything but obey her mom but of course, she went to the bathroom first to fix herself. "Aish."

* * * * *
Seulbi peaked through the hole behind the bushes. She adjusted herself and squatted more because the leaves only provide limited visibility. Seulbi furrowed her brows. What she's seeing is an empty yard and a closed door. Didn't her mom tell her that somebody just moved in-

Oh.

She saw one open window with a curtain. Seems like Mrs. Oh is right at all.

Reality hit her back when a dog barked at her. Swear, her heart almost jump out of her chest because  of it. She awkwardly smiled at the owner of the strolling dog and straightened herself up. She wanna face-wall so hard for looking stupid. Thank God the owner of the dog is the only one who saw her with that position. 

She thought so.

When the dog is finally gone, she proceed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter