something

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I suggest you rea dthis while listening to akmu's newest album. yeap.

HBD BYUN BAEKHYUN ILYSM!

Luhan was grinning ear to ear when he entered the room. He passed over panicking students, whom he doesn't even had an idea why they are like that. Well, it's not like he cares anyway.

Tossing his bag on his table, the sound of his chair screaching on the ground startled Seulbi. She gave him a glare, just in time he's just about to speak, so his voice was hitched back to his throat and frowned. "Wow, good morning to you, too," Luhan sarcastically said. He was about to speak again when Kyungsoo slammed a folder, thick folder, on his table. He puzzledly looked at Kyungsoo and at the paper, then back to Kyungsoo. "...What?"

"2,500 Won."

"Huh?" Luhan wanted to ask Seulbi for help but the girl just burried her face on her arms, so he just turned back to Kyungsoo. "What is that for?"

"For our project."

Luhan rounded his eyes in bewilderment. "What?! What project?"

"Just pay for your part because it's already done," Kyungsoo demanded, and Luhan almost rolled his eyes on the annoying stare of the doe-eyed guy. He just muttered incoherent Chinese curses under his breath as he hand Kyungsoo the bills. 

Kyungsoo didn't leave immediately. Instead, he continued staring at Luhan."What?" Dang, he's intimidating. Kyungsoo, without blinking, leaned a little. Of course Luhan leaned backwards. "I know you ing cursed at me using those Mandarin s," and Kyungsoo left his table. 

What a way to ruin Luhan's good mood. 

Now, he's part of the class. He annoyingly ruffled his hair, forgetting his good news to share to his friends, and nudged Seulbi. "Hey." 

Seulbi shot up. "Why were you absent last Friday?"

Luhan was surprised, but his annoyance was replaced with a teasing smile on his face. "I don't know you miss me that much! C'mere," and he locked her neck in his left arm, his right hand ruffling her hair. "Y-Yah!" God, she was choking but Luhan was stupid enough not to realize that it's only applicable to do that on boys.

"Can't you see she's dying?" 

Baekhyun's sarcastic remark made Luhan slowly untangle her, their smiles fading. Even Seulbi, herself, was surprised by Baekhyun but he never looked their way. Instead, he just diverted his attention back to the window at his left with his earphones on.

Seulbi felt herself warm but it was cut short when the one at her right whined. "Why is everybody so pissed at me?!" Seulbi could just chuckle at Luhan's stupid face.

* * * * *

Seulbi can't look at the one in front of the table properly.

Remembering what happened last Saturday, she can't help but feel embarrassed to Minseok as he elaborate some stuff to their club members. She thinks that she had invaded his privacy, knowing that she heard some girl answer his phone. Seulbi doesn't even know if Minseok knows this or he's just acting oblivious because as what she is seeing right now, seems like he has no idea about the short conversation. 

"Seulbi?"

She immediately look up just to see him looking at her. Dang, she felt her cheeks warm because of being too conscious. "Huh?"

"Are you listening?" Minseok sounded serious and everyone fell silent. She felt ashamed, muttered an apology as he continued what he's saying. Luhan furrowed his brows on what he just witnessed. Minseok haven't done that to his co-members before.

Seulbi felt a small nudge beside her and looked up to Nari, giving her a timid smile. The president had just finished his speech and they had gone to mind their own businesses; some stayed in the room while others already left. "Don't mind him, he's just pissed because of Sooyoun-unnie," Nari whispered. Seulbi smiled back but her confusion wasn't masked, "Sooyoun-unnie?" The name sounds familiar. Maybe some alumnus. "Who's that—"

"Seulbi."

They both look at Minseok who just called her. "Y-Yes?" She can't help but stutter now, specially with what she had just experienced earlier. Minseok didn't avert his gaze anywhere but to her eyes.  "Can we talk? Outside?"

That surely caught everyone's attention. Well, not obviously but bet they're all listening while doing their stuff, acting innocent on what's going on. Luhan continued wiping his camera but he's all ears on them.

Nari secretly nudged her underneath the table, again, and Seulbi was forced to answer immediately, "Yes-!" Seulbi glared at Nari and the latter just smiled sheepishly, acting innocent. She's clearly intrigued why would the president wanted to talk with the newcomer. "I mean, okay," Seulbi cleared . Minseok stood up first and left the room, with Seulbi following after. 

Luhan lied his camera gently on the table and looked at the door they passed by. He thinks he needs to talk with his best-friend and clarify some things out.

* * * * *

As usual, Baekhyun and his group are again at the field for practice. He wiped his face because of sweat and slurped down a bottle of water. Ahh, the setting sun by that time soothed his tired body a little. At that moment, Jongdae took a seat at the bleacher beside him and also took a gulp of his Gatorade. 

"Do you know that she almost fell asleep while doing our project?"

Baekhyun took a look at Jongdae, who's just looking straight ahead, and he just sealed his empty bottle. "What did you do?" He asked Jongdae.

"I let her sleep on my bed."

That surely caught his attention, unnoticing his grip on the empty bottle to tighten a little, crumpling it on the process. "What?" Baekhyun's scoff just made Jongdae chuckle, leaning back on the bleachers to make himself more relaxed. "Geez, you think I'll do that to her?" If you're that possessive? "I don't want a punch from you, y'know." 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes  on Jongdae's prank, and tossed the bottle aside. He wanted to ask something but his mind stopped him to. 

"She's disappointed on you," Jongdae finished off his drink, "Also on Minseok-hyung."

That surprised Baekhyun. "Hyung ditched you both?"

Jongdae gave him a flat look, "As if you're different."

Baekhyun didn't push the topic through, because hearing Minseok ditching them on that day made him tighten his fist. He had the guts, Baekhyun thought, wondering what if he saw his face last Saturday. 

God knows what he can do.

* * * * *

"I'm sorry!" Seulbi immediately bowed when Minseok stopped and faced her. He tilted his head in confusion. Huh? "What for?" He called her out here to ask her about something and their project.

"Because..." She fidget the hem of her coat as doesn't know how she'll continue it, "...uhh," Seulbi look up just to realize how close Minseok is, while he's staring down at her. He can't help but tug a smile when he noticed how flustered she is. 

Seulbi gulped and moved back. Minseok noticed this, so he played along. He stepped forward. 

She was frustrated and embarrassed. "A girl answered when I was calling you," she tried being serious, and she saw how the playful smile on his face vanished. Seulbi bowed again. "I'm sorry if I invaded your privacy."

Seulbi knows her place. She might have a little crush on Minseok, but after hearing a girl answer her call, she might as well end her crush on him because he already has a girl. Of course, she had considered the possibilities of the girl being her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter